3rd Avenue bet. 15th and 16th - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3rd Avenue bet. 15th and 16th

edited April 2015 in Gowanus
Hi;
I am considering renting a space on 3rd avenue near the on ramp to the BQE, between 15th and 16th.
Is this part of 3rd avenue really noisy? Also, there is a tool rental place nearby, and I am wondering if this place is noisy? How about traffic noise, and the
ambiant noise from the  BQE. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

Comments

• I used to live in 586 3rd. Is that the one you're considering?
  • Yes, have been thinking about the space, and it's still available, so PLEASE let me know your thoughts! It's the 2nd floor space.
    thanks!
  • I used to work nearby there. You will definitely hear the rumble of trucks and tractors, and the noise of industrial deliveries (ie trucks idling and machines) however , most of the businesses close early around there, and by night time, you will hear mostly the BQE
  • The garbage is collected early around that area and can get loud, just a heads up.
  • Esperanza is right.

Lots of morning noise, from the garbage trucks to the truck deliveries/idling trucks. That is really an industrial district
  • MODMOD
    edited April 2015
    I'll add that if the rent is a good deal and the apartment is nice you can get used to the noise level. The upside is that you are only a few blocks from what is now the hipper area of park slope. Lots of nice bars and eateries on 5th ave right there..
  • Yes. I am a common garden variety drunk at the Sea Witch. 20th and 5th