Boutique Penthouse Condo for Sale - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boutique Penthouse Condo for Sale

Currently for Sale in Bedford Hill is a Boutique 2bd Penthouse Condo /2 panoramic views of Manhattan:
Details: http://postlets.com/s/lafayette-ave-brooklyn-ny-11205/13744863
Viewing Call: 212.363.0936
sunset

Comments

• Where the hell is Bedford Hill?
  • Only the Realtor knows...
  • It is the area between Classon and Bedford Ave. named after the famous cafe on Greene and Franklin.
  • Ah, to live in the clouds!
  • edited April 2015
    It is the area between Classon and Bedford Ave. named after the famous cafe on Greene and Franklin.
    That the first time I've heard of the "famous" cafe and I've been living in the area for a few years. Would it kill you to say Crown Heights or Prospect Heights? You know the actual neighborhood names.
  • Clearly you don't live in the area! Bedford Hill is in Bedford Stuyvesant and Clinton Hill.
  • edited April 2015
    Haha I don't live in the area really?! So what your saying is its actually bedstuy or Clinton Hill?
  • Google Bedford Hill before you comment. Larger neighborhoods have names for different areas. Park Slope has North and South, Bed Stuy has Stuvesant Heights, and Bedford Hill. Get over it already! Open house is Sunday at 12 for any serious buyers.
  • edited April 2015
    I'd recommend using an agent who doesn't insult people on his or her postings that's just me though.
  • If you bothered to click the link you would see this is for sale by owner! Once again, get over yourself please.
  • edited April 2015
    Yeah that's what I'd thought you'd say. Also a quick Google search brings up the coffee shop, a town in Pennsylvania and a hamlet in Westchester. No mention whatsoever of this area in Bedstuy. Caveat emptor.
  • Yeah that's what I'd thought you'd say. Also a quick Google search brings up the coffee shop, a town in Pennsylvania and a hamlet in Westchester. No mention whatsoever of this area in Bedstuy. Caveat emptor.
    You know that this is the game. Change the name of the neighborhood and the nouveau riche will come. The south slope/gowanus creep as been shifting into sunset park for ages. I laugh when someone calls 32 street greenwood heights, even though, the cemetery is there, no one who has been here more than 15 years calls it "greenwood heights". These are marketing ploys, like "partial birth abortion", being used to describe a mid to late term abortion where the fetus STILL isn't viable, but must be extracted through a delivery like process.

• When a community changes over the years as much as this one has, a new name is in order. It's not the same place anymore, not even close.
  • When a community changes over the years as much as this one has, a new name is in order. It's not the same place anymore, not even close.
    So when does the USA get its new name? We aren't the same place as we were in 1776. Not even close
  • Each state that was added since then has a new name. Today the country had regions, north east, south, mid-west and west that did not exist before either. The USA has plenty of new names as it evolved so your comment makes no sense if you know anything about what you are saying.
  • Today's thread is being brought to us by linguistics.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistics
  • edited April 2015
    Each state that was added since then has a new name. Today the country had regions, north east, south, mid-west and west that did not exist before either. The USA has plenty of new names as it evolved so your comment makes no sense if you know anything about what you are saying.
    I said USA, not Texas or Mississippi or any other state added after the fact, which were known as territories anyway. The USA has been the USA since 1776, no one saw the need to rename something just because it changed. Just be honest about your motivation.
    My comment still stands hun, that your renaming is a clever way to disguise what might be off putting to your nouveau riche clients
  • I guess you are ignoring that the West, Mid-West, were not part of the USA, neither was Pacific Park part of Brooklyn, which is a new neighborhood entirely that is official and ajacent. The area has changed and evolved and my well written ad if you bothered to read it describes that. The USA has many different names to describe its expansion west and elsewhere, so your comment is pointless.
  • FYI, New York and NJ were not called the North East of USA until the country expanded West. Hence a new name!
  • I guess you are ignoring that the West, Mid-West, were not part of the USA, neither was Pacific Park part of Brooklyn, which is a new neighborhood entirely that is official and ajacent. The area has changed and evolved and my well written ad if you bothered to read it describes that. The USA has many different names to describe its expansion west and elsewhere, so your comment is pointless.
    Okay, so when we added these states how come we didn't amend the constitution to say: United States of America IMPROVED tm or United States of America version 2.0 tm?

Personally I like version 2.0 it sounds futuristic.

Or Bullshit:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshit
    It is mean to make fun of liberal arts majors.

• I vote that we rename the USA:
    The people's non-democratic republic of have and have nots.

Or Bullshit:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshit
    It is mean to make fun of liberal arts majors.

I like jokes... I will see my way out now.
  • I think we need to find a liberal arts major and see if they are bruised.
  • Yeah that's what I'd thought you'd say. Also a quick Google search brings up the coffee shop, a town in Pennsylvania and a hamlet in Westchester. No mention whatsoever of this area in Bedstuy. Caveat emptor.
    You know that this is the game. Change the name of the neighborhood and the nouveau riche will come. The south slope/gowanus creep as been shifting into sunset park for ages. I laugh when someone calls 32 street greenwood heights, even though, the cemetery is there, no one who has been here more than 15 years calls it "greenwood heights". These are marketing ploys, like "partial birth abortion", being used to describe a mid to late term abortion where the fetus STILL isn't viable, but must be extracted through a delivery like process.

Very well aware of it and it drives me up the wall. I remember when I first moved in some agents were trying to call parts of Crown Heights Crowhill. Then a few started trying to claim that western Crown Heights was actually Prospect Heights. Also the new neighborhood of East Williamsberg.
  • Now that your neighborhood has coffee shops, sit down restaurants, a lower crime rate and craft beer ....it can ask for its name back.
  • edited April 2015
    I wouldn't mind naming EP to Atlantic Bedford Heights (Bedford Stuyvesant Crown Heights).  I am always confused on how the border of Bedford Stuyvesant moved north from EP to Atlantic.  When I was a kid, I always remember calling north of EP Bedford Stuyvesant.  A new name for that area would put things back in order in my little mind. :) 

I recall that we had a conversation on this a couple months back.  

Apologies in advance to those in northern Crown Heights that feel attached to the name Crown Heights; I don't mean to offend you - Just an idea to ponder.
  • I think I'll just call my neighborhood "where I live", until I move somewhere else.
  • I think I'll just call my neighborhood "where I live", until I move somewhere else.
    lol.  Are you already considering moving?  It's almost heretic even motioning that.
  • If the right opportunity came along, I would move to a neighborhood outside of the NY area.

The neighborhood I would choose would be going thru a demographic shift deemed "positive" by the police and the business community, but deemed "negative" by advocates for the poor.

I would then buy property, and enjoy the substantial ROI. ....all while drinking an over priced beer.
  • edited April 2015
    I wouldn't mind naming EP to Atlantic Bedford Heights (Bedford Stuyvesant Crown Heights).  I am always confused on how the border of Bedford Stuyvesant moved north from EP to Atlantic.  When I was a kid, I always remember calling north of EP Bedford Stuyvesant.  A new name for that area would put things back in order in my little mind. :) 
    I recall that we had a conversation on this a couple months back.  

Apologies in advance to those in northern Crown Heights that feel attached to the name Crown Heights; I don't mean to offend you - Just an idea to ponder.
    I know!!! This was always Bed-Stuy back when Bed-Stuy stretched from Vanderbilt to the Interboro and from Park Avenue to EP. 
  •  Then a few started trying to claim that western Crown Heights was actually Prospect Heights.
    damn real estate developers, always redrawing neighborhood boundaries
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prospect_Heights_High_School

"Here, amid the skeletal, gutted brownstones and desolate tenements of sections of Bedford-Stuyvesant, Crown Heights, Prospect Heights and East New York, live legions of the city's uninsured.... the most rundown of the hospital's two sites, the former Jewish Hospital of Brooklyn at 555 Prospect Place in the Prospect Heights section."

"St. Mark's Avenue and Prospect Place, in between Kingston and Albany avenues, in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn"