new coffee shop 41st 8th "Parlay" - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new coffee shop 41st 8th "Parlay"

For those of you lurkers who live or at least visit the Sunset Park area: I passed by a place where they were doing construction on 41st and 8th and talked to the owner. Apparently in a couple of short weeks there will be a cafe, that serves real coffee in northern Sunset Park. It will be a sit in cafe, called "Parlay"
The construction looked kinda swanky, so here is to hoping for good morning coffee.

YAY

Comments

• edited May 2015
    @psycho-ologist

Here's how you can be the one in Sunset Park who knows when new restaurants are about to open:    http://www.nychealthratings.com/nycrestapp/browse/3/Sunset Park

NA:   Places that for some reason have applied for an initial inspection.     This could mean they are going to be a new place, or simply have a new manager.    

N:   Once a NA place is inspected, it gets an N.  

Note, the information is not updated everyday.    But by checking it regularly, you can look like a starving genius!

• OMG, thanks. I will use this. We have a dearth of restaurants other Asian and Mexican places, esp in North Sunset Park. I am so excited for a decent coffee shop
  • Because DOH can be so slow in giving initial inspections, the smart restaurants apply for a kitchen inspections right when they begin construction.

This allows one to begin stalking.    
  • The place is open! They open 7 am to 9 pm. I went in for a bite last night. It's a small menu, sort of Malaysian and American comfort food. My friend had a delicious curry chicken, I loved my pulled pork sandwich. Girls next to us ordered wings that looked very yummy...