Roses Bar & Grill in former Marcos - Brooklynian

Roses Bar & Grill in former Marcos

Appears no one has mentioned that a new eatery/drinkery has opened in the former Marcos space.

Roses Bar & Grill is a new venture by the same owners, who also own Franny's as I guess everyone knows.  Been open about a month now.

Wife and I both had burgers last week.  Pretty flavorful, but a tad small and pricey for this type of place: $14 with fries or a different side. $15 with cheese. Draft beer prices OK.  And interesting selection, I thought.  Limited menu, but just enough.  I like the range and prices at Woodwork better.  But Roses is closer, so I think I'll be back.  Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.

Roses Barr & Grill

Comments

• Dude, coppin my username.
  • edited July 2015
    Well, wasn't aware of that when I created the username in May 2014.  And not sure what's to be done about it now.  I'm probably leaving Brooklyn just over a year from now, so I'll go from mostly inactive to gone.

Also: I can't find any place where it's possible to search user names.  So there was no way for me to know that something similar to this name was already taken without reading through all the messages on the site, which is not very practical or reasonable.

But I want to play nice, so I've sent a message to site management asking if I can change my name or just create a new account with a different name.  Though, without a way to search existing names, there's a chance I'll accidentally come up with one similar to someone else's.
  • You can use cad545 if you want.  Medieval knights might laugh at you though....
  • ;-)

Thanks!  The Admin says he or she can change my username.

I liked RogerSterling since I'm a copywriter, a Mad Men fan and I live on Sterling.  But I'm willing to let it go.  I gave the Admin three names, all dealing with another of my interests, to increase the likelihood of there being no conflict with an existing user.

Curious that it's been nearly a month and no comment on Rose's.  Are people not going there?
  • Sorry about the name thing and I do hope you keep participating! :)

Rosie's has received lots of good press for their burger, I know a few friends who have made return visits. Still haven't had a chance to personally check them out though.
  • I haven't been back.  Maybe tonight.

Waiting on name change.
  • I ate there a week ago. Really excellent burger. Small but perfect -- I rarely allow myself a burger so I'm always pleased to find one that isn't huge. Meat was hot and flavorful; fries crispy and delicious. I also had an excellent cocktail. Lots of other, quirkier items on the menu -- like marinated veggies and a mushroom/lettuce/tomato sandwich (MLT). I'll go again soon. BTW, they are closed for vacation from 8/15-25.