Fancy lookin pizza bar coming to our corner of Flatbush - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fancy lookin pizza bar coming to our corner of Flatbush

I noticed that half of 755 Flatbush ave (between clarkson and lenox and next to MetroPCS) was under construction and the ugly vinyl awning gone the other day. Here's a lil peek at the inside:

Photo Sep 29, 8 02 37 PM

So i checked the NYS liquor license page and noticed this address has an active license as of today: https://www.tran.sla.ny.gov/servlet/ApplicationServlet?pageName=com.ibm.nysla.data.publicquery.PublicQuerySuccessfulResultsPage&validated=true&serialNumber=1283303&licenseType=OP The business is called Zurilee pizza, and it didn't take much to realize it was from the same owners of MangoSeed restaurant a few doors down. 

Here's their instagram: https://instagram.com/zurileepizza/

i wonder how soon they'll be opening! no info on whether this is brick oven or otherwise. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Oh snap, this is super exciting. Going from their Instagram, their pizzas look pretty good. Also, good detective work on your part!
  • That does look pretty good, they even got those little pepperonis that cup up when you cook 'em. mmm.

I just hope they make classic pies. None of that over the top stuff like seasonal fennel and baby spinach pie, just good classic joints pepperoni and basil. 
  • That does look pretty good, they even got those little pepperonis that cup up when you cook 'em. mmm.

I just hope they make classic pies. None of that over the top stuff like seasonal fennel and baby spinach pie, just good classic joints pepperoni and basil. 
    I could get with a pizza with baby fennel on it though.

I hope this place also sells pizza by the slice.
  • yeah, any fancy pizza joint that doesn't sell a good classic margherita isn't worth the time. i do love me some fancy toppings, but i want the option of plain.

back when i used to work 12 hour days during crunch time and my boyfriend lived around the corner from barboncino, the basic margherita and a cocktail were the best things in which to drown my sorrows

• i wonder how soon they'll be opening! no info on whether this is brick oven or otherwise. 
    Facebook page says it's brick-oven.
  • edited October 2015
    Photo of inside:
    (Apparently won't load)
  • edited October 2015
    linking via http also seems broken.

• are you trying to embed one of their instagram photos? this is the one where they announce their grand opening: 
  • Bummer delayed opening!
  • in the mean time, there's park side! i'm excited to compare them. and excited that these are so close to me.
  • Any idea what happened to these guys? All their social media accts redirect to wix.com the last post i remember was postponing the opening and a picture of them putting up the sign out front. The webpage that they do have doesn't list a number... http://www.zurileepizza.com/
  • Facebook reports that it is open from 5pm onwards. 
  • i went here the other night. a lot of people were complaining about $12 cocktails at parkside, but i paid a whopping $15 for a very mediocre soda-y cocktail here. all because i asked it it was ok to substitute tequila with whiskey (they said it was totally fine... with no mention of the surcharge.)

also, this place is in general more expensive than parkside. the cheapest pie (plain mozz) is 11 (vs parkside's 10), and the most expensive pie is the braised oxtail/black truffle pie that's like 30-something dollars (and has to be ordered in advance? ..not sure how long in advance). in comparison, parkside's most expensive pie is $15--we paid $16 for a mushroom pie at Zurilee, with no meat on it. most of the meat pies were 16-17 ish i think. 

not crazy about this place in general. even if the price hadn't been such a disappointment, the TVs over the bar would have been enough to turn me of