Who is buying their Christmas trees at Natty Garden? — Brooklynian

Who is buying their Christmas trees at Natty Garden?

edited December 2015 in Prospect Heights
The owner is taking pictures of his happy customers, and the result is a fun neighborhood montage.

Comments

• I love it, what a great mix of families and everyone is so happy!
  • edited December 2015
  • I like this thread too.  Great pictures! 

There needs to be a limit on how many pictures get posted in the homepage preview for a thread though.  This kinda took over the whole front page, making other threads hard to find. 
  • edited December 2015

Indeed.   I've now left just one photo in the first post, and moved the rest here.

• edited December 2015
    jam
    lop
    blue
    red
  • When will climate change come for the Xmas trees?

I guess if you're into chopping down trees for a month of ornament, why not do at your local Rastafarian-owned shop?
  • The vast majority of the chopped-down x-mas trees were grown for that express purpose. Carbon-wise, it is probably a better use of the land than developing it for any other commercial use.
  • I have visited a few Christmas tree farms, and they all seem to be on farms that were not otherwise economically viable.

...they were rendered obsolete by the invention of the tractor in 1916.
  • booklaw said:
    The vast majority of the chopped-down x-mas trees were grown for that express purpose. Carbon-wise, it is probably a better use of the land than developing it for any other commercial use.
    Yep. I learned that a few years ago from a friend whose family is in the business. Definitely puts a different light on the practice. 
  • We got our tree at Natty Garden.
This discussion has been closed.