NW corner of Franklin & Union: Crow Bar - Page 2 — Brooklynian

NW corner of Franklin & Union: Crow Bar

2»

Comments

• I'll keep my analysis to economics.

This bar may have opened a little too early.   I am curious to see whether it can survive until its customer base grows in 2019.

I think some people's opposition to it's past name have little to do with its past and present struggles to establish a large, loyal customer base. 
  • So is the word crow "off limits" to use because someone could be offended? Wont somebody mention that to the nice ladies who run the Crow hill Block assoc.? Didnt there used to be a crow bar in the city? Is that one racist too? (Oh I guess it was a gay bar, who will that offend?)
  • Bar Corvo.  Corvo=Crow in Italian.  

http://www.crowhilldevelopment.com - the group renovating the Nassau Brewery amongst other projects

Not sure I understand why Crow Bar got the entire brunt of the angriness.  Probably because the name of the business was in English and is the type of entity that people talk about.  
  • Take the space away and you've got an entirely new meaning... a construction themed bar could be interesting in an area with lots of it!61GJUp95coL._SL1500_
  • Marco555 said:
    Take the space away and you've got an entirely new meaning... a construction themed bar could be interesting in an area with lots of it!
    A construction themed blue collar gay bar sounds exactly like what this neighborhood has been missing though
  • I hope it would have a jukebox

• ogh dear! now I am seriously offended!!!

• Maybe the occasional movie night?

• dac545 said:
    Bar Corvo.  Corvo=Crow in Italian.  

http://www.crowhilldevelopment.com - the group renovating the Nassau Brewery amongst other projects

Not sure I understand why Crow Bar got the entire brunt of the angriness.  Probably because the name of the business was in English and is the type of entity that people talk about.  
    Bar Corvo changed their name to Crownside I believe.    
This discussion has been closed.