630 Nostrand (at Dean) may become Nagel's Bagels 2 — Brooklynian

630 Nostrand (at Dean) may become Nagel's Bagels 2

Mike D is in the process of signing the lease.

As with the location on Franklin, the bagels will be resold from Windsor Bagels.

630 Nostrand is across the street from the big church.

Comments

• That would be great. Nostrand ave bagels tanked, and Lula is great but this would be good too.

• Nice to get a new business between Park Place and Atlantic.
  • @tsarina -- any intel on what happened with Nostrand Ave Bagels? I saw that they were closed for operating without a license. 
  • edited December 2015

If this deal goes through, I view Nagel's local competition as Tinto's, Connecticut Muffin and Richol Bakery.

Nostrand is rapidly getting lots of new options.

• @crownheighster yeah, one day i was getting my sandwich, next day closed.  Never saw anyone in there again. E-bikes, everything, still there....

• I just realized that I spelled their name wrong, it should be Nagle's not Nagel's.
  • edited May 2017
    Over a year later, it appears to be in the process of opening, but as a cafe as opposed to a bagel place.

• BTW, he has a new website up:   http://crownheights2020.com/ 
  • And the empire continues to expand...
  • I looked through the windows today, and it appeared that it is ready to open. Furniture is in place.
  • As with the location on Franklin, the bagels will be resold from Windsor Bagels. this would explain the stale bagel sandwich I received with disappointment. If you are going to serve bagels in brooklyn they had better damn well be fresh ones.
  • One could hope that would be true of pizza. However Papa johns and Dominos have made large inroads. The old rules (prefences and means) seem to no longer be so strong that the weak can not survive.
  • whynot_31 said:
    One could hope that would be true of pizza. However Papa johns and Dominos have made large inroads. The old rules (prefences and means) seem to no longer be so strong that the weak can not survive.
    However, Dominos and Papa John's are that much cheaper and/or efficient than whatever 'made in house' pizza shop. The same cannot be said of Nagle's which is pretty expensive. Id suggest Nagles is more of a lifestyle brand that people want to take part in. Many of the newer spots in Brooklyn thrive with a similar type of offering.
  • Nagles seem to be the choice of private college, liberal arts graduates. They seem unlikely to eat a lot of Dominos.
  • whynot_31 said:
    Nagles seem to be the choice of private college, liberal arts graduates. They seem unlikely to eat a lot of Dominos.
    Employer of that group, too!
  • It’s now called “Nagel’s Bagels,” like the rest of its locations
This discussion has been closed.