Three people shot at St. Marks and NY Avenue, Thursday, September 1, 2016, around 10:30 PM. - Brooklynian

Three people shot at St. Marks and NY Avenue, Thursday, September 1, 2016, around 10:30 PM.

Reportedly closer to NY Ave than Utica, but there are conflicting reports

Brooklyn: St Marks Ave & New York Ave. @NYPD77Pct reporting 3 people shot at location. Level 1 mobilization called in regards.

smny

Comments

• edited September 2016
    This site is stating St. Marks and Utica:

I believe this is the same incident.  

...the details will come out over the next hour or so.
  • I was walking in Eastern Parkway towards NY Avenue at around 10:30pm on Sept. 1, and there were five police cars and paddy wagons screaming up NY Ave at the time. Looked like something serious. I guess this was it.
  • Based on the Helicopter that has been hovering above NY and St Marks for the last hour, I would guess this incident probably happened at NY Ave. (That is the corner where a police mobile unit has been set up for weeks)
  • edited September 2016

"CROWN HEIGHTS, Brooklyn —  One man is dead and two are in serious condition after a shooting in Crown Heights, police said Friday.

The three men were standing outside at 777 St. Marks Ave. around 10:30 p.m. Thursday when a black sedan pulled up beside them and someone fired shots from inside the vehicle, according to police.

Officers were stationed down the block and responded in seconds after shots rang out, the NYPD said.

All three victims were taken to a local hospital.

Akaijah Evelyn, 37, was pronounced dead upon arrival, police said.

Two were wounded and in serious condition.

Evelyn had seven prior arrests for drug-related offenses and the shooter's motive may be drug related, police said.

No arrests have been made."

http://pix11.com/2016/09/02/shooting-in-crown-heights-leaves-one-dead-two-seriously-injured-nypd/
  • Clearly, the shooters are completely unfazed by the presence of the police mobile unit and the two cops guarding the corner as if it were home to the Hope Diamond. Perhaps officers actually patrolling the block might be better? 
  • homeowner said:
    Clearly, the shooters are completely unfazed by the presence of the police mobile unit and the two cops guarding the corner as if it were home to the Hope Diamond. Perhaps officers actually patrolling the block might be better? 
    Maybe, maybe not.  Sigh.
  • Yeah I was walking on NY Avenue just past Prospect Place when I heard the 4 shots. People were running back and forth a bit confused, and I managed to get in to my building right away. When the first reports said it was Utica&St Marks I was really surprised, but 777 St Marks makes sense.

I really don't understand how the constant presence of police on St Marks&NY didn't seem to bother the shooter at all. First I even thought the shots might have been by the cops, or AT the cops even, I couldn't think otherwise how one would start fooling around right next to the constant display of police presence
  • edited September 2016

Public notice of major incident, as per the 77th Pct:

"In the Confinement of the 77th Precinct three (3) Male Shot- One (1) Victim is Deceased

On Thursday 09-01-16 at approximately 10:30pm in front of 777 St. Marks Avenue Victim one (1), Male black, 37 years old was shot once (1) in the torso. The victim was removed to Kings County Hospital and was pronounced dead at 11:02pm. Victim two (2), Male Black, 36 years old shot once (1) on the left foot victim is not likely. Victim three (3), Male black, 41 years old shot once on the right thigh victim is not likely. The suspect(s) fled in a Black sedan no further information if you or anyone has any information please call the 77th Precinct Detective squad at (718)735-0662 or 77th Precinct Community Affairs at (718) 735-0634.

Police Officer Laverne Green 
    77th Pct Community Affairs 
    Office: 718-735-0634
    Cell: 929-291-8520
    Email: Laverne.Green@nypd.org"

• three people shot at 777 st. marks. 3 people shot at the kingboro housing project. 2 different shootings

You are not talking about sophisticated criminals.  I was once threatened to be killed directly in front of a police officer. how stupid is that?

not the polices fault that shooters dont give a hoot where they shoot.  .  i was wlking by and saw a police van 3 or 4 cars and 12 police having a meeting there 1 hour before the shooting.. having a pair of cops walking around the neighborhood isnt going to help.  they are staked out there because of the beef or turf wars of the bergen street and St. johns idiots.

• In the incident at 777 St Marks, I wonder whether the two people who were "merely injured" were intended targets.

Likewise, was Mr Everlyn (now deceased) the intended target?

We may never know.