Survey re: supermarkets in Crown Heights - Brooklynian

Comments

• What's the survey's purpose &/or objective?
  • I found the survey a little confusing, and vague.
  • I found the survey a little confusing, and vague.
    Agreed. It makes a number of assumptions about grocery shopping habits, even though it seems they're trying to learn about habits! In their defense, good survey design is challenging!
  • Is anyone doing a similar survey in other community boards? Then we would know if CB8 was different. ...and could conceivably try to convince a prospective supermarket that here is a good place to locate. Or something
  • Haven't some tried (ex union market for the building on bedford) & they fought it?
  • Some did object to Union market going into the new building. However, the folks that own Union Market are still going to locate a store there. It won't be called Union Market, because it will be slightly down market from that brand. I do not know if the owner decided this independently of the Board's objection.
  • the manager of Key Food on Nostrand asks me occasionally what I 'd like to see in the store, DOes that count as a survey? I appreciated it and notice the store is rethinking its shelf contents constantly.
  • It is an adapt or perish environment.
  • edited June 23
    whynot_31 said:
    Is anyone doing a similar survey in other community boards? Then we would know if CB8 was different. ...and could conceivably try to convince a prospective supermarket that here is a good place to locate. Or something
    I haven't heard of one for CB 9. We could use one though.

There was a general survey of people in the area about what types of businesses they'd like to see.

The CB 8 survey seems straightforward.

• CB9 still has a lot of residents who believe that other people profiting is inherently bad. CB8 seems to have concluded that if people do not profit, nothing will happen.
  • whynot_31 said:
    CB9 still has a lot of residents who believe that other people profiting is inherently bad. CB8 seems to have concluded that if people do not profit, nothing will happen.
    This city is too much if it's at a point where CB8 is considered capitalist!
  • Some are more reluctant than others.