I am back - Brooklynian

I am back

Spoke to Warren on an email and I finally came back knowing how much I missed my blog Love Big Mama Hope I am on the correct page???????

Comments

• Welcome back!!!!! Great to hear from you! The discussion is still going on over here: http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/comment/574040#Comment_574040 Great to have you back sweetie!
  • hi cuz!!! so glAD YOURE BACK HERE.. WE ALL MISSED YOU!.. I am so sad I won't see you Saturday for our shopping day!! wish Mia congrats from me on her dance recital!! talk to you soon.. love ya.. xx
  • good morning friends. hope everyone is well!! Warren, how's it going?? hope you & Carol are doing well.. weather here is beautiful.. summer has arrived.. keep posting, people. :)
  • It was great talking to you this morning right before my workout. It brightened up my day Cuzzie Patsy and it was great touching base with Warren yesterday in an email. I am trying to get the old gang back but they are having a hard time signing in with old passwords etc. Maybe the administrator can email Franny to get her back on. Francesca_brunosaracino@yahoo.com
  • Thank you MOD it is great to be back.
  • Hi Terry, Now if we can get a few of the "old timers" also back, we will have a thriving blog again!!!
  • I think I was posting in the wrong place. lol Happy Sunday to all
  • Terry, we read you loud & clear. Were you in St Pete for all the rain we have been having? We did need rain to put down the brush fires but you know Florida. You go from one extreme to the other. From drought to floods. It still has more pluses than minuses living here. I sure do not miss the SNOW!
  • yes the 3 weeks I was there it rained a lot but it was ok had lots to do with the Condo but it stil was relaxing and I slept later while I was there and had dinner with the cousins and friends. We ate out the three weeks straight because we did not have a kitchen. Can't wait to get back.
  • Hi friends Happy Sunday!! Home relaxing today. Tired from Work all week & out all day yesterday. Cuz it was just me & Mildred yesterday. We need to set another date soon!! My brother Barry & his wife & my nephews Are in from Georgia. Will see them Tomorrow Night. Taking his grandson who is the same Age as my grandson to Adventure Land (Which is the old Nellie Bly) on rides & than To dinner & back to my house for dessert. Cuz, I'll talk to you soon. Xx Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! :)
  • I was down your way today looking for a new car at the Volkswagen Dealership . I think I am going to buy another Beetle. My Beetle is 17 years old next month going to ship it to Florida. I really don't like any other cars lol Have fun with the family..Yes lets get a new date. Where was everyone??? Love ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Hi cuz Happy car shopping. I love Volkswagens. Perfect for you. Going to bed now. I have long day Tomorrow. Talk to u soon. Love ya Xx :)
  • hi friends just stopping in to say hello & enjoy your day!! :)
  • Good Morning all Tomorrow is the last day of school. woo hoo Have a great day
  • This Month I have a Grandson Graduating from High School, a granddaughter graduating from middle school and a Grandson entering his last semester in College out on L.I.. Also a grandson changing teaching jobs from one district in NJ to another. I have a granddaughter who graduated from college two years ago and still is trying to find a job in her major from college. Meanwhile she is working in a vets office. She loves animals so I guess that is not too bad. Another Grandson is in Studies and work on the side from Stevens Institute in Hoboken. Can't keep up with them!!!!
  • Wow You must be one proud Grandpa.. Have a great night. I have the two girls sleeping over tonight because Mommy and Daddy (both teachers) have their end term dinner on the same night tonight. I am exhausted. lol I try very hard to enjoy every minute because it goes so fast. I remember when I first started and found the Dailyslope Mia was just a little baby and now she is 10 and has a sister that is 6. Before I know it they will be your grandchildren's age. xoxoxo
  • good afternoon, friends, want to wish everyone a great weekend!!! relax & enjoy!! warren, I picked up 'murder games' by Patterson today at library. i will start it tonite.. its his latest book... i'll let u know how it is.. say hello to Carol.. :)
  • hi cuz.. i'll talk to u soon. love ya xox
  • Have a great sunday...Nice this morning here in Staten Island around 72 and sunny Not hot yet.
  • hi friends.. have a great 4th of july!!!
  • Have and great and safe 4th.
  • Hot & Humid but what do you expect in Florida in July? We had a barbecue buffet for dinner today along with some liquid refreshment. Followed up with a gathering to sing Patriotic and all the old songs with Bob, his wife and his portable organ. Now just relaxing the rest of the 4th.
  • It was not too bad here in Staten Island. We had a little breeze in the yard.Ate way too much but back on my healthy eating today. Warren I am coming down to Saint Pete the end of the month for about 9 days and probably for a month in October or November. Mike has 4 more yeas left to retire and he said he will be down there for 6 months out of the year. Not me lol Maybe 3 months I want to be home for the holidays with the kids. Have a great day..xoxoxo
  • Just in case anyone is looking for it, the Brooklyn Back When main comment thread is here : http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/comment/574156#Comment_574156 Have a great weekend everyone!
  • MOD said:
    Just in case anyone is looking for it, the Brooklyn Back When main comment thread is here : http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/comment/574156#Comment_574156 Have a great weekend everyone!
    I went on the above thread and it ends and continues on here Is this where we are suppose to be or on the above???? CONFUSED (as usual lol)
  • Have a great weekend....
  • Had quite a rainstorm this afternoon. Our screened Lanai got flooded. (For you Northeners, a Lanai is just a Patio with a fancy name!) Been reading some lesser known Authors of late. Not too shabby. I will have to go across the street to get the latest Higgins. Our Library carries mostly large print and some publishers do not get them that way. I am up to date on Patterson and Woods. T-Bone, when you come down, be sure to bring a rain coat!
  • Good morning friends Hi cuz You're in the right spot! Will talk to u soon Xx
  • Hi Warren I'm reading Patterson's latest book. "Murder Games" Really good & fast moving. We had some rain on & off here, But not too bad. I hope the sun is out now for the Floridians! It's going to be about 90 today here. It's was hot & humid yesterday. Ugh!! I'm not a fan of the summer. I always preferred fall & winter. Enjoy your day!! Tell Carol i said hello!! :)
  • Carol picked up a Patterson book but it was one of the Maximum Ride series which is NOT an adult book. Read two chapters and brought it back to the Library. I thought "Murder Games" was a redo of the "Rio" book. Just watched Venus Williams get whooped by the Spanish girl in the Wimbledon's final. Disappointing. I hope Federer does better tomorrow. The Yankees stunk the place out last night with terrible fielding and they blamed it on the pitching. Oh well, beginning to look like there will be NO New York team at the top of the heap this year. Washington is running away with the Mets division.
  • Interesting article about the Gowanus Canal and its historical significance: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/16/gowanus-battle-of-brooklyn-new-york-history-maryland Hope all remains well for each of you. Take good care & keep smiling! :)
  • hi Richard, thanx for sharing.. hope all is well. :)
  • hi friends.. NY is in a hot spell.. where is autumn??? :)
  • Hey Son, Interesting article, thank you. My Father worked in the Citizen Works plant of B'klyn Union Gas Co. right on the canal for many years before their whole operation switched to the Greenpoint plant with the onset of Natural Gas. I can remember as a kid coming home from Red Hook pool and one of my crazy friends would dive into the Gowanus on the way home. He did not smell to good! There are so many historic places in Brooklyn that people are unaware of. Without going back so far, I wonder how many people who enjoy Prospect Park without realizing that during WW2 it was home to an Anti-Aircraft battery??? Patsy- It is only July. Please, Autumn is a long way off. Turn up the A.C. I
  • Well finally I got on. Was having a hard time for over a week Needed my password. Lucky i can remember anything these days lol Had to reset it AGAIN. Hey Warren I remember my Mom telling me stories of jumping in the Gowanus after she went to the pool. Every time we would drive down that neighborhood she would tell us all the stories of her days as a young girl. Also went to the Bath houses when she was young. She grew up on Carroll Street and after that when she was older she lived on 15th street and 4th Hope all is well
  • Hi friends Happy weekend!! Hope everyone is well. Warren the AC has been on non stop. I dread the bill!! Went down to 3rd Ave last night for Summer stroll. Bay ridge does this 2 Fridays in July & 2 Fridays in August. We took our grandson & we had dinner At Peppinos & we bought him some matchbox Cars & he did sand art. He had a ball & that Made us very happy. We did a lot of walking & the live entertainment thru out the event Was awesome. Lots of different bands & Entertainment along the way. Lots of people But all it seems had a good time! My daughter & her husband are in Cancun & we are watching Gavin & Ace Their Yokie. Hi cuz Glad you got back on. Send my love to all!! Xox Everyone, enjoy your weekend & Stay cool!! :)
  • Warren I am on list for Pattersons next book "The Store". I'm # 100. Not too bad. Last book I was #189 on library list. I have other books in between that I'm Reading. Happy reading. :)
  • Have a great weekend. Went to the Saint Anna's mass today at Saint Johns. So sad. The club was sold and very few people showed up. Will be in saint Petersburg this week coming up. Two weeks of just relaxing..I think it is hotter in New York.
  • Hi all Hot as hell here in Saint Petersburg. Hope all is well. Have a great day and a great weekend when it gets here. xoxooxo
  • edited July 28
    Have no fear T-Bone.. The rain will be back shortly to cool things off a bit. Checked Zillow on our old homestead on 12th street in the slope. $2million. We sold it in 1960 for $8500. Oh well! That's life. We have a new format for our Sunday Afternoon Church Service here at our Independent Living Apartments. Different preachers each week volunteering from surrounding Churches. I am serving Communion and counting the offering. Doubt if I will be preaching.
  • Hi friends Hope everyone had a great weekend. Hi cuz Have fun in Florida. Talk to u soon Love u xox Warren I love that you are always active in Your community. Stay well. Going to get hot again this week Here in NY. Thank God for A/C & pools! Stay cool friends :)
  • Horrible weather here in Saint Pete Rain, rain go away
  • Welcome to July in Florida.... Hot or wet, take your pick!
  • It does not matter we are just taking it easy I would prefer the sun and sit by the pool even for an hour and read my book. It is what it is.
  • Hey T-Bone, looks like you will get your wish this morning. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THIS AFTERNOON. The rain may come back later. Right now where I am the Sun is shining brightly.
  • It was sunny and got to the pool for awhile it was a nice day
  • Had a beautiful morning. This afternoon boomers and heavy rain. Sun is shining again now.
  • Today is August 9. Last entry on here was August 3 by me. Come on people. Lets keep this blog alive.....
  • sorry I was busy enjoying your beautiful weather and having fun lol Home now to reality Oldgoat Enjoyed every minute being in Florida. rain, sun and storms I miss being there already. I can not wait to come back in November
  • Hey Patsy, has the heat gotten to you so bad you can not share your thoughts? I have been reading some different writers efforts lately. One book was written by the wife of one of our blog administrators. I am keeping up with Woods books but having trouble getting some of Patterson's latest. Our librarian sticks mostly to large print books.
  • Beautiful here today in Staten Island. Getting ready for my Baby Boy's wedding September 3rd in Poughkeepsie. woo hoo He was just a baby and now getting married. Time is moving too fast
  • Hi friends Hi cuz Missed you all. Just came back from 8 day Florida & Bahamas cruise. Norwegian cruise line Knows how to party & make their guests Happy! Had a fabulous time. My hubby & I Celebrated our 25th anniversary ( which was In may) but due to our work we could not Get away sooner. Weather was great in Florida & Bahamas. Someday I would like to cruise again. Cuz, good luck with last minute preps for Jonathan's wedding. So happy for all of you. Send my love & talk to you soon., Xox Warren I am reading other authors as well Beside my few favourites. Variety is good. Hope you & Carol are both feeling well. Richard..hope you are doing well too & Enjoying your many sports in person or On TV. Everyone, stay healthy & enjoy!! :)
  • Happy Sunday to all.... Yes Cuzzie the wedding is coming up fast. Congratulations to Toni Ann. You must be proud of all her hard work. Not easy studying to become a nurse . Happy you enjoyed the cruise. I have been on at least 18 cruises and loved every single one...I would love to go on another. Have a good week ALL
  • Patsy don't know if you knew that Tina Barrett lost her third son last month. John passed away. By the Grace of God may he watch over her and her family. She is such a wonderful lady.
  • hi friends yes, cuz I heard about john barrett what a shame. also, sal calciano (joanie red's son)died too right before john. I said prayers & lit candles for both. talk to u soon. love ya, xx
  • hope my blog family & friends are all doing fine!! :)
  • thank u cuz.. yes,we're very proud of Toniann. she worked very hard. but you know how that goes, both your boys are successful... we did something great for our kids to turn out awesome.. :)
  • OMG getting nervous the wedding is 19 days away and my gown just came in today. CRAZY I ordered it in March.Time is moving fast...Yes we did something right raising our kids. Thank God Love u and hope we go shopping before it gets cold. lol
  • Had our youngest son, his wife & 2 grandchildren visit with us over the weekend. Great to see them. It has been awhile. Now they are out in Disney enjoying the sights & sounds. No grandchildren talking marriage yet. The 2 that were here over the weekend are only 17 & 13 so it is too soon for them. We have 5 more Grandchildren with a few getting well up in their 20's. No marriage talk amongst them either. They are all doing well in school and are very responsible young people. We are lucky parents & Grandparents also.