Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 32 - Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

1262728293032»

Comments

• 1-6, The Giants should hang their heads in shame!
  • Yesterday I was on an "Honor Flight" to Washington D.C. We visited most of the memorial monuments for Veterans. I found the Korean display one of the finest. Instead of a single soldier or an obelisk It was made up of what looks like a Platoon on patrol in a field. Very different and inspiring. I did find an acquaintance listed on the Vietnam Memorial Wall. The WWII memorial is huge. We did a great deal in one day and flew back last night and were greeted by about 1000 well wishers. Quite an experience!!!! I am very proud that I was chosen to go,
  • Sad that our Jints aren't doing all that well. But at least the Islanders have a 4-0-1 home ice advantage to start the season. :)
  • Warren So happy for you. What an honor & Great experience!! What s great memory to have.. Hi Richard We’re here rooting for the Dodgers, But the Astros are something else. May the best team win!! Hope everyone is well. It’s 8:50 pm I think the trick or treaters are Done for the night.. Good night, friends.. :)
  • Well, I do not know if the best team won, but Houston is the Champ! Seems strange that a club that could not win in the National League goes to the American and wins it all ????????? I can never root for the Dodgers again since they deserted Brooklyn but I must admit I was looking for them to win the series>
  • I am hanging my head in shame after today's Giant debacle.
  • Come on Folks. This is not a one man show???????????
  • Happy Veteran's Day to all. Sad about the continued lack of success for our Jints. Very glad to see Brian Boyle scoring a goal for the Jersey Devils as he recovers from leukenia. We have cold weather here in the Northlands. But you know the old story - cold hands, warm hearts. ♥ And always remember that Brooklyn is God's Country. ☺ ☺ ☺
  • edited November 10
    Hey Son, My wife & I are living proof that Brooklyn is God's country. We met in Sunday School (Church) Sang in the Choir together and have been married for 57 years after marrying in the Church on 12th street. Remember when they called it the city of Church's? 1 on 9th Street, 1 on 12th street, 1 on 13th street, 1 on 15th street, one on Prospect avenue and so on. I did not even mention the ones on Avenues like Greenwood Baptist, First Reformed, Memorial Baptist, A Synagouge etc:. We did have more Church's then Police Precinct's back then! Nuff said about the giants. Sad, Sad, sad!
  • Hey Goat! Mucho congrats on those wonderful 57 years! I remember visiting a farm in Delaware County and the farmer asked, "is it true that there is a church in every corner in Brooklyn?" I replied, for sure! Churches, synagogues, mosques, store front houses of worship ~ all a part of living in God's Country! ☺
  • hi guys... glad to hear youre all doing ok.. hi Richard...its getting cold here too!! I"m excited the holidays are upon us.. warren.. I'm reading 'missing, a private novel" by Patterson.. I don't know how I missed this one. I never heard of it, but happened to find it on the library shelf.. don't u know I downloaded 2 new books by Danielle Steele, on my nook, than I go to library & the 2 books I downloaded & paid for were both on the library shelf..who knew?? these are 2 new books by her, & usually there is a waiting list an arm long, so I just bought them bc I was anxious to read them!! oh well!!! lesson learned.. I will call or visit library first when I'm itching to read a new book.. have a great day, all! keep posting... :)
  • My reading of late consists of a Woods "Stone Barrington" novel (not his best) and some crazy science fiction character on Carol's Kindle. Not much to brag about but I keep looking. What does "COLD" mean. Cool I understand but "COLD" is no longer in my vocabulary! COLD is below freezing and we seldom see that. In fact lately anything below 75 degrees is cold.
  • good morning friends just want to wish everyone a "very happy Thanksgiving"!! enjoy & be well. xx
  • oh well I tried to post a picture but no go..
  • Did it!! Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!
  • Quite a week for me. Birthday on Tuesday, Thanksgiving today. Okay all you eaters, get started on that bird and all the fixings. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
  • If you had the best record in your league you played in the World Series. Now there is a plethora of playoff games before you get to the World Series. You do not think MONEY has anything to do with it, do you?
    How I long for those great old days of real baseball!
  • A wonderful 'Toikey' day to all. That's how we used to pronounce it in the old days. :) And Go Giants!!
  • They went the wrong way again!
  • Hi guys Happy birthday warren!! Mine is tomorrow!! Glad you all had a great “toikey”day!! Watching TV now & relaxing... Tomorrow dinner out & back home for some homemade Birthday cake & presents... What happened with Eli Manning?.. Is he now a bench warmer?? Ok back to some good tv. Have a great night!!! Warren, I’m reading “The people vs. Alex Cross” Excellent reading...I was #175 on list at library. Took Almost 3 months until I was able to get it. “Missing” by Patterson was a good quick read. :smile:
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY BACK AT YOU patsy!!! The Manning thing is a farce. When they fired Coughlin they should have fired his whole staff. Keeping them on duty is D U M B. Manning led them to 2 Super bowls. He is a very hard worker. Plays with no thought being sent out to him on the field are not his fault!!! Have not found any new Patterson books here lately. Guess I will have to go to the Public Library.
  • Hi guys Just wanted to pop in & say hello..hope everyone had a great weekend!! Almost done with Christmas shopping gifts.. Next step shopping for food for the holidays... Watching giants now in between cooking meatloaf. Tied at 7-7 Go Giants!!! Have a great night... :)
  • Jints will now have a new coach as McAdoo was canned. Hopefully, the management team will be altered so that the entire team can be strengthened to the level that is was in the old days. Enjoy your December as the best part of the year is yet to come. :)
  • And apparently Eli is back to being starter. The way that the previous staff handled that was terrible...
  • When they dumped Coughlin his entire staff should have gone with him. I blame the GM for the whole fiasco and Mara has to take some of the blame for leaving him on the job.
  • Good start, now get rid of the rest of Coughlin's staff!
  • Steve Spagnuolo as interim head coach - long career but never stuck around for too long in one place. Hopefully, this will lead to team success.