MCR Realty? — Brooklynian

MCR Realty?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has any comments about this company -- MCR Realty -- or experiences they can share. I'm thinking of buying a unit in one of their buildings and don't know anything about their reputation...
Thanks!

Comments

• post the unit address :p. maybe we can help look up other stuff.
  • Subject: MCR Realty

There are two buildings -- one at 319 Humboldt and one at 75 Kingsland, both with the same layout...

Here's a link to the listing:
    http://www.mcrrealty.com/realty/index.php?action=listingview&listingID=397

Thanks!
  • Subject: MCR Condos

I toured these buildings, very beautiful!! Seems like good construction and good prices. I used MCR for several apartment rentals and had a great experience, for what it's worth! :)
  • I've heard MCR Realty are fine, and that they themselves own a few buildings.

As with any realtor make sure thats disclosed to you, if you are actually renting from the realtor themselves and then they collect a broker fee for leasing in their own building; then thats not on.
  • Thanks for the comments. Every bit of info helps...
    I'm moving forward on buying a 1-bdr condo unit from them (I think the Realty company and the Development company are basically the same entity), so I'll hope for the best!
  • Subject: 75 Kinglsand / MCR

I'm also thinking of buying at 75 Kingsland. Looks good to me, and MCR seems great. Which building and unit are you thinking about?

I'm working with them to find a condo and they seem to be pretty darn good. They were referred to me from a close friend who had rented through them last summer and had only good things to say. I know how hard it is to find a realtor you can trust. Good luck!
  • I saw Kingsland first and liked the layout, but was swayed by Humboldt's proximity to the subway -- otherwise the units inside are almost identical, depending on the floor...
    So far so good with MCR, and hopefully the building will be ready for move-in before the summer!
  • Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I sublet from someone renting from MCR (at Lorimer and Metropolitan). They had a sweet house with back yard, porch, etc. and were just told to move out in a month (they'd been renting for over 7 years!) because MCR is selling the building/tearing it down. I am not at another sublet coincidentally owned by MCR. It is in Greenpoint and they have been trying to sell the building. It is completely crooked and who knows if it will fall over. Just not sure how well they maintain their properties. I had to pay our utility bill through them (they paid half, we paid half) and their part of the bill was really late. I also tried to rent with them when the first sublet was up, I filled out an application, told them when I was moving, and they called me about a month after my expected move out date (?).
  • I'm not really sure what this last post has to do with the general subject of this forum which is in regards to new condos being shown through MCR. First of all the last comment is from a subletter of someone who rented through them??? It is unfortuate that sometimes landlords sell their buildings and people are displaced, but that's one of the perils of being a renter especially in NYC. That's why we are here discussing buying something!!

Thanks for the two cents, but I'm not really sure what you're complaining about or how it relates to these brand new condos. I guess I'm biased by my good experiences but I just don't think it's cool to throw around negative opinions for no good reason.
  • Sorry if my comments were unwarranted/out of place/overly negative. I was merely trying to pitch in with my experiences with the company. In my opinion, if a company mistreats one portion of their consumers, they are more likely to mistreat another portion. I don't really see how it is unrelated since I thought the original poster was soliciting opinions of the company. Sorry if this wasn't helpful to you guys!

Actually, I do appreciate all sincere input, so there's no need to apologize. I'm smart enough to evaluate the comments on my own and figure out how relevant they may or may not be to my situation. More information is always better than none...
  • Subject: 75 Kingsland

For those of you who have viewed these condos, did any of you notice the falling down house 2 doors away? The guy that owns the house has no plans to sell and he isn't on the brink of death. There are rats in his house and on the block (you can see them running around at night). Also, there are filthy pigeons all over his house and the surrounding area and there is a bus stop right there. I would think long and hard before plunking my money down on this one.
  • Subject: 75 Kingsland

For those of you who have viewed these condos, did any of you notice the falling down house 2 doors away? The guy that owns the house has no plans to sell and he isn't on the brink of death. There are rats in his house and on the block (you can see them running around at night). Also, there are filthy pigeons all over his house and the surrounding area and there is a bus stop right there. I would think long and hard before plunking my money down on this one.
  • Subject: Kook

I've lived on that block for many years. The old guy is def. way out there and his building is a serious health hazard. There is rats everywhere around his property and a smell coming from the house (especially in summer).
    That being said, he is crazy but also completly harmless, a nice guy actually.
    You are right, he will never sell his place either. I don't know if all that is priced into the units on Kingsland.
This discussion has been closed.