Dancing dancing dancing
  • Picking this up from a completely unrelated thread -

So what dance floor options are in the vicinity? And why can't someone open a decent club down by the Gowanus or somewhere suitably non-residential? (No offense to anyone who does live by the canal.)

Good DJs? Spendy drinks? Likes/dislikes? Or are we all forced to cross the river and spend $25 coming home from obnoxious places in Chelsea?

(God I miss the old-old Twilo)
  • Southpaw has dance related events (ie The Rub) and the Organic Grooves have thrown parties in warehouses near Gowanus....

Five Spot on Myrtle Ave has some cool parties as well...

There are no uber-clubs that I am aware of...
  • cattyshack is a pretty diverse place. the weekends are usually bumping and there is quite a mixed crowd alah old school new york. check it out.

and pete c., in response to your post on another thread: a group of laid back straight girls would never have any trouble going to a predominatly dyke bar :lol:
  • starlite lounge?! CH.
  • Royale on 5th.

'cept the last time I was there some narcissistic 20 something was trying to do the humpty dance on my wife! I almost had to bitch slap him.
  • nice... some one should put together a list of good places to go.
  • candicissima took me to a party on flushing&classon this past saturday night (sunday morning -- I'm still covered in glitter -- how do these things happen to me?). $10 at the door, $4 drinks. several rooms of DJs, live bands -- basically, anything and everything going on. VERY fun. highly recommended. called rubulad, I believe.
  • They also have dancing at 200 Fifth.
  • Oiseau wrote: 'cept the last time I was there some narcissistic 20 something was trying to do the humpty dance on my wife! I almost had to bitch slap him.

Narcissistic 20 something? Are there any other kinds? :wink:

I second The Royale and 200 Fifth was pretty lively one day when I passed through. Rubulad only throws parties once a month though.
  • Candicissima wrote: [quote=Oiseau]'cept the last time I was there some narcissistic 20 something was trying to do the humpty dance on my wife! I almost had to bitch slap him.

Narcissistic 20 something? Are there any other kinds? :wink:

I second The Royale and 200 Fifth was pretty lively one day when I passed through. Rubulad only throws parties once a month though.

the royale is pretty lively but requires a pointed takeover. amass a group, show up at 10, take all the seats.
    no clue how 200 fifth rolls.
  • Reign on Washington and Flushing.
  • alafairnadia wrote: no clue how 200 fifth rolls.

I've been there before with people from work. It's basically a sports bar.
  • Oiseau wrote: Royale on 5th.

'cept the last time I was there some narcissistic 20 something was trying to do the humpty dance on my wife! I almost had to bitch slap him.

"Big like a pickle, but I still get paid."

I had some guy tell me to work the other side of the street at Soda in re my wife recently. I explained to his 25-year-old ass that I have been to jail in NYC before and don't give a fuck to go again, he seemed to move on rather quickly to some other woman who was totally out of his league.

Dance clubs: Yeah, Brooklyn has few other than show nights.
  • Carnivore wrote: [quote=alafairnadia]no clue how 200 fifth rolls.

I've been there before with people from work. It's basically a sports bar.
    It is but after I think 11:30 the right side of the bar becomes the dance floor and the left side stays a bar/restaurant. The music is pretty good (they throw in salsa which is so much fun to dance to). My husband and I like to go - it an older (meaning everyone is definitely over 21), fun crowd.

There are a couple of places along 4th Avenue in the upper 70's and 80's in Bay Ridge but I haven't been to them in a while. I used to go to Bentleys which was a fun place.
  • I have been searching this site for a good place (in Prospect Heights or Crown Heights area) for dancing. Every post I have found here is a few years old and most of these bars have closed.
    Is there some really good funky place to dance?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook