Is there a way to SEARCH this forum? — Brooklynian

Is there a way to SEARCH this forum?

edited 6:25AM in Site Issues
I always see listings here of people saying to search the posts, but i can't find anywhere to do this. Lets say i wanted to search for any posts about 'rent' – is there somewhere I can type this in rather than click through all the pages? Please help!
Thanks

Comments

• Look across the top (under the ads)

Neighborhoods Stuff Marketplace Community SEARCH etc etc
  • Flexichick wrote: Look across the top (under the ads)

Neighborhoods Stuff Marketplace Community SEARCH etc etc
    Is it possible to search just one section? I want to search for something specific to one neighborhood... not all or Brooklyn. I'm trying to research previous conversations related to my question before I post something that may have already been covered.

Thanks,
    Holly
  • Unfortunately we lost that function. You'll have to use those google skillz and do something like

+"Park Slope" +hollyhock +"title of the thread or topic .. etc"

Or something like that.
  • Mamacita wrote: Unfortunately we lost that function. You'll have to use those google skillz and do something like

+"Park Slope" +hollyhock +"title of the thread or topic .. etc"

Or something like that.
    Ugh... really? That makes searching pretty much useless. If I post something under a specific neighborhood board I might not say the name of the neighborhood in my post. So searching that way may result in some information for very specific searches (restaurants, shops, etc... that only have one location and such) but not more generic.

My example is a good one. I was going to search for pharmacy information in Park Slope. But people that posted about a specific pharmacy and their experiences might not say the neighborhood by name in the post since they were already posting in the Park Slope area.

oh well... thanks for responding.
  • for the record, mamacita is right (except you don't need the + in google). if you add "park slope" to your search, it will also return hits from the PS board that don't have "park slope" in the thread, because they have "park slope" in the page title if there on that board.

(terminology may be wonky above. sorry.)

you may get a couple of false positives, too, say if someone on the Bay Ridge board asked about pharmacies but also mentioned PS, but frankly, most of the pharmacy talk i recall has been on the PS board anyway.
This discussion has been closed.