Attempted Mugging on Park Place bw Classon and Washington - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attempted Mugging on Park Place bw Classon and Washington

Just a heads up, y'all. I was walking home from work last night, around 9:30pm, when a group of three teens—two boys, about 12 to 14, one girl, about 10—tried to mug me. It started in front of the basketball court, then I crossed the street. They followed. One took a swing. I ducked. Another punched me in the right shoulder. I dashed down to the corner bodega. They took off. I called the cops. Kids had disappeared. No dice.

Just a reminder to keep your eyes peeled on this stretch.

Comments

• So young. Just ridiculous. Glad they didn't getcha!
  • Hmm, I wonder if these are the same kids that pelted me with a water balloon two nights ago on the corner of Prospect and Classon. They match the same general description.

Anyway, glad you got out of it safely with your money/belongings.
  • Were they after anything in particular? phone, ipod, etc. Just curious. Glad you beat them at their game.
  • Look on the bright side - these kids will help keep corrections officers employed in the future.
  • I had been on my phone (nothing special, but it has a blue cover so it looks fancier) when I noticed them following me. I got off my phone. Put it in my bag. Crossed the street. Then they came after me. Note to self: never pull out your phone after dark.
  • Thank god you are okay and everything worked out for you. I was returning home @ the same time when I saw lots of cop cars on Park pl & Rogers wonder if that was the same situation.
  • Maybe you could take the cover off your phone so it looks less fancy?

I generally don't make calls after dark unless I'm inside, but I will answer the phone. But then, my phone is so obsolete (worthless) that no one's going to mug me for it.

Unless they are as stupid and desperate as Boston car thieves. They once stole my dad's 1976 Dodge Dart... in 1984! Fortunately, we got the car back the next day because my dad (typically) forgot to put gas in the car so they ran out after half a block.
  • I've lived in the neighborhood six years, and I'm usually super-careful about walking around after dark—no phone usage, keep my eyes alert. I was talking to my parents and had a momentary brain fart. A moment of vulnerability is all it takes for opportunity to appear.
  • Can you add a little more detail? Did they call out to you, whereupon you turned around and then dodged the swing? Or did the swing at you from behind? I am just curious to see how they attempted to orchestrate this attack. [N.b.: I just started taking krav maga and I am genuinely interested in how these things break down.]
  • sillybilly wrote: I am just curious to see how they attempted to orchestrate this attack. [N.b.: I just started taking krav maga and I am genuinely interested in how these things break down.]
    Yah right! You're an attacker looking to learn from these muggers' mistakes!

[tin foil hat]

:mrgreen:
  • daver wrote: [quote=sillybilly]I am just curious to see how they attempted to orchestrate this attack. [N.b.: I just started taking krav maga and I am genuinely interested in how these things break down.]
    Yah right! You're an attacker looking to learn from these muggers' mistakes!

[tin foil hat]

:mrgreen:
    He'd probably learn more from watching a pack of dingos hunting...
  • A DINGO ATE MY BABY~!!!!

Ahem. Sorry, nervous tic. As you were...
  • jeffrey wrote: A DINGO ATE MY BABY~!!!!
    yer doing it wrong
    or
  • ***meh. deleted my post due to overly tasteless nature.
  • Um ... ok Dingo freaks take a chill pill. Shesh, I ask an honest question and I get pounced on.

Hope these punks don't take a swipe at you. :roll:
  • sillybilly wrote: Um ... ok Dingo freaks take a chill pill. Shesh, I ask an honest question and I get pounced on.

Hope these punks don't take a swipe at you. :roll:
    That was not a pounce, my thin-skinned friend, but merely a diversion.
    :D
    Glad you're okay, JoshB
  • Very sad. On one hand, they are just kids. on the other hand, they are dangerous.

What is one to do.

You must know that sooner or later, the wrong person will shot one of them. It is only a matter of time.

It might sound sad, but it is only a matter of time.

H
  • brooklynboy3 wrote: Very sad. On one hand, they are just kids. on the other hand, they are dangerous.

What is one to do.

You must know that sooner or later, the wrong person will shot one of them. It is only a matter of time.

It might sound sad, but it is only a matter of time.

H
    More likely that one of these knuckleheads will wind up really hurting somebody over nothing (like a nothing cell phone w/ a fancy cover).
This discussion has been closed.