Frenzied, flag-waving Polski cruising Greenpoint — Brooklynian

Frenzied, flag-waving Polski cruising Greenpoint

Does anyone know why there was a some sort of Polski flag-waving motorcycle/rice burner parade on Sunday afternoon? There were also a lot of people draped in Polish flags and/or colors on the streets.

I assume it was a soccer thing.

Comments

• Ah, thanks. I was hoping that maybe Poland's Ultimate Soccer team had defeated both Russia and Germany simultaneously.
  • Wow. That frenzied, huh? :lol:
  • Yeah it was pretty wild. TONS of people on the streets in full Polish colors and clothing bearing the flag. Pretty damn cool. Isn't it also Polish Heritage month? or I could be totally making that up.
  • They just found out World War 2 was over
  • Welcome to the neighborhood, it happens every year. Personally I like to go out to Manhattan Ave and embrace it, but some people I know look at Pulaski Parade Day as a day to stay inside and wait out.
  • Do they have food vendors set up at that parade, or is it just strictly a parade? I do love Polish food. That would motivate me to swing by next year.
  • Just to be clear, caaahyoko, the parade is on 5th Ave in the city. The locals, though, celebrate in Greenpoint into the night.

So I've never been to the parade; no idea what might be going on there.

There are several Polish restaurants in Greenpoint though, so you could swing by any time.
  • bleibtreu wrote:
    There are several Polish restaurants in Greenpoint though, so you could swing by any time.
    Yes! Check out Lomzynianka on Manhattan btw Bedford and Norman. Super cheap, BYOB and really good pierogies.
  • bleibtreu wrote: Just to be clear, caaahyoko, the parade is on 5th Ave in the city. The locals, though, celebrate in Greenpoint into the night.

So I've never been to the parade; no idea what might be going on there.

Oh, ok. I knew there was one in the city, but I wasn't sure if they also had some smaller parade or fair the same day in Greenpoint. Thanks for clearing that up. I will definitely check out a Polish restaurant or two :wink:
This discussion has been closed.