What is at 300 Skillman Ave near Cooper Park? — Brooklynian

What is at 300 Skillman Ave near Cooper Park?

Does anyone know? There are about 15 sex offenders registered at that address. Is it a shelter? Can people come and go as they please?

Comments

• Do you have Google on your internet?
  • well you're a bitch, huh?

yeah I had already googled it, but nothing with very much info or a definitive answer came up, but thanks!
  • well 300 Skillman would probably be an address of the old Greenpoint Hospital. So my guess is maybe those numbers are residents at the Cooper Park Houses that kinda surround the old hospital.
  • Subject: Re: What is at 300 Skillman Ave near Cooper Park?

aimeanda wrote: Does anyone know? There are about 15 sex offenders registered at that address. Is it a shelter? Can people come and go as they please?
    I looked up that address at NYC.GOV...DCAS owns it(Dept of Citywide Administrative Services)...the building is classified as a "miscellaneous asylum". It is a 5 story,corner property.
  • Guess that speaks to all the empty new developments in that area..

Who wants to have a kids grow up there after learning this...
    - not me, there are other much better options on Brooklyn then!

:roll:
  • I was wondering why there were so many sex offenders listed in 11211. Turns out many of them are housed in the same building. This government site gives a profile of each one (including photos)
    http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/nsor/search_index.htm
  • Subject: 300 Skillman Ave

Yes, 300 Skillman Ave is a homeless shelter for men. I saw the same thing on the sex offeders website. I am presently a client (not an offender though) and I see these guys daily and must resist the temptation to cut their throats.

There is a 10pm curfue every night, but if you are employed on an evening job then you can get a late pass.
  • I used to live on Devoe and Bushwick until a deranged young man, decided to rob a neighbor for her bag and when she refused (silly I know) to hand it over, he almost severed her hand with a meat clever. Not a pretty sight. In any case, we were all pretty certain the guy came from there. They have a "security post" in front, but it is all but a joke.

Little know fact. The Greenpoint Hospital, now a decrepit homeless shelter is featured in the Al Pacino movie Serpico!
  • Subject: Transitional Shelter

The corner of SKillman and Kingsland there is a transitional shelter. It is for people that are coming out of the shelter system and waiting for permanent housing. People do have to adhere to rules there, including a curfew.

I worked as a social worker in supportive housing for almost two years, that is why i know this.
  • FYI-A 23 YEAR OLD FEMALE WAS RAPED AT 4:30AM-JAN-1-2012-BTW MASPETH/KINGSLAND, WILLIAMSBURGH, BROOKLYN.

GO TO NBC NEWS FOR DETAILS. WHAT BOTHERS ME IS THAT A YOUNG LADY OF SIMILAR AGE WAS VICIOUSLY ASSAULTED AT 6:40-AM 3-BLOCKS AWAY,2-HRS-10-MINS LATER. ATTEMPTED ROBBERY WITH PHYSICAL VIOLATION.REQUIRING HEAD STITCHES.

1-THE DESCRIPTIONS OF ASSAILANT CLOTHING ARE SIMILAR IN BOTH

2-THE IRONIC 3-BLOCK DISTANCE OF BOTH CRIMES

3-THE INTENT OF BOTH CRIMES PHYSICAL VIOLATION THE SAME.

EVEN IF THESE ARE COINCIDENCES, WHY DO WE FIND OUT ABOUT THE FIRST CRIME 3-DAYS LATER, AND WHY HAVE WE YET TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE CRIME THAT OCCURRED, 2HRS AFTER. I WOULD RATHER ASSUME THE WORST CASE SCENARIO OF A SERIAL RAPIST AND HAVE THE COMMUNITY ON ITS HIGHEST ALERT, THAN TO HAVE A REPEATED VIOLATION OF INNOCENCE. I HAVE POSTED A POLICE SKETCH OF THE RAPIST THROUGH OUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD, ALTHOUGH THE COLD WEATHER HAS MADE IT SOMEWHAT DIFFICULT. ATTACHED IS A COPY OF SEX OFFENDER. PLEASE PRINT AND POST IMMEDIATELY. I HAVE MORE INTERESTING INFORMATION DISCOVERED, DURING THIS ORDEAL THAT WILL HAVE MANY OF US ASKING MANY QUESTIONS.

(WHEN AND WHERE THE GOOD LAY SILENT THE DEVIL REIGNS)

Attached files sexual_assualt.docx (238.7 KB)
This discussion has been closed.