Lebanese food, or, specifically, kibbee nayee - Brooklynian

Lebanese food, or, specifically, kibbee nayee

Try as I may, I have yet to find a Lebanese restaurant in NYC that serves kibbee nayee.

Lil help?

Comments

• Subject: Re: Lebanese food, or, specifically, kibbee nayee

Lo Kee wrote: Try as I may, I have yet to find a Lebanese restaurant in NYC that serves kibbee nayee.

Lil help?
    Did you try Tripoli Restaurant which is on Atlantic and Clinton?

There is another place I heard of I think its Yemen Cafe or Yemen Place (also on Atlantic).
  • No and per the website Tripoli serves it! Thanks.
  • Subject: Re: Lebanese food, or, specifically, kibbee nayee

Lo Kee wrote: Try as I may, I have yet to find a Lebanese restaurant...
    they prefer to be called little people

i might be mistaken
  • Also, try Sally's & George's in Bay Ridge
  • Tanoreen in Bay Ridge. YUM.
  • My mom is lebanese and i took her to tripoli and she loved it!! So, try it!! It's real close to the trader joe's on Court st.
  • While D'Vine Taste isn't a restaurant the owner and cooks are all from Lebanon. It's located on 150 7th Ave by 1st Street. They can make pretty good stuff.
  • oh yum! while not NYC, there is a fabulous lebanese joint in quito, ecuador. they make felafel with fresh, local peas. so delicious!
  • I found the same thing in Baranquillia, Colombia. A totally different take than what you get in NYC but delicious non the less.
  • Eve wrote: Also, try Sally's & George's in Bay Ridge
    Although it's a hike I did some word of mouth research and Sally and George's has a ridic good rep.

Maybe I'll make the trip out there.

I had a lebanese friend growing up and I miss the eats.
  • oh wow, my mother used to make this ! my whole family loved it ! her and my father have both passed away and now we can not find the recipe, all we remember is she would get fresh ground lamb from the butcher, then the night before she would soak some white smallish ingrediant in a small bowl of water overnight, and the next day she would make the dish and served with fresh pita bread. Oh how I miss that, having moved out of new york, and my mom passed away, none of the lebanese restuarants here make it. Not even the yearly lebanese food festival has it. They say because it is a raw dish, they can not serve it, although many here have never heard of it.
  • I am betting that kibbee nayee is not served here because it is raw. I am Lebanese and have been to pretty much every Lebanese and Middle Eastern restaurant imaginable and never seen it. However, if you duck into one of those smaller, more "authentic" places on Atlantic Avenue, they might be able to hook you up.
  • llili. Food there is awesome. I love lebanese food like I love lebanese women.
This discussion has been closed.