Yummy Taco?
  • Sorta seems like the the Chinese folks at New Dragon Garden think there's more money in Mexican than Chinese.

Although the idea of a quick mexican place on my way home from the subway sounds good, not too sure about this.....will they use a wok?
  • that's a trend we like to call mexinese
  • chexican
  • I looooooove Yummy Taco. Chinese-made Mexican food may be anathema to anyone who hails from west of the Hudson River, but there's nothing quite like a bean curd burrito. So good.

By only complaint: they have NO idea - none whatsoever - how to wrap a burrito. They actually roll the foil wrapper along with the tortilla, so you have to unroll the whole thing to eat the burrito. I'm more accustomed to the west-coast, peel-off-the-top style of foil wrapping.
  • Wait, so Yummy Taco is a chain of Chinese owned Mexican restaurants?
  • I hate chinese made Mexican food!
  • Before I civilized my now husband, he used to live on Scummy Taco. I mean he used to eat there daily. Seriously. EEEEWWWWW!
  • yummy taco turns tummy yucko
  • Oh man, Yummy Taco is NAAAAAAASTAAAAYY!

Seriously, I keep trying these "mexinese" places here and in Manhattan and they are always horrid.
  • one of the very first things i remember reading on this board was "yummy taco is distinctly un-yummy".

ah, memories.
  • total false advertising...i live right close by, i give directions to people to "look for yummy taco, which by the way is not."

this is one of those places in the nabe i walk by and think what a bunch of sadsacks eating inside.
  • Rule #1 - Don't patronize ANY eatery that has to declare their tastiness in their name...
  • I love all the "happy fresh tacos" places. Or "Happy tortilla"
    Cracks me up.
  • what does a person's nationality have to do with the type of food they serve or sell?
  • All of you should know that this establishment is proudly in in PH.
  • it's actually a pocket of park slope known only as flaafl

(funny looking area above flatbush)

now populated by the descendants of ulesbo

(under the lower eastside bridge overpass)
  • ....next you'll claim try to claim Bergen Bagels!

Asking someone, "so are from ulesbo?" seems like a bad idea.
  • one never asks

one just knows
  • I've always considered Tummy Yucko to be in Trafe: TRiangle Above Flatbush Extension. In fact, Tummy Yucko is Trafe. It was a heck of a sign store.
  • The one I'm talking about is about to open on 8th Avenue between 11th and 12th.
  • Testiculon wrote: The one I'm talking about is about to open on 8th Avenue between 11th and 12th.

There's a chain of them ...ours is already special.
  • What about Fresco/Wei Ling on Flatbush at Park Place.

I love that place!
  • You people are high. The bean curd burrito is da bomb.
  • want bean curd burrito. where is this place?
  • Bergen and Flatbush.
  • 8thandPrez wrote: You people are high. The bean curd burrito is da bomb.

tofrito bomb?
  • I had an obsession for a while with the Fresco Tortilla places.....especially the one next to Carneviento. Someone told me that those tortillas are cooked in pure lard, which alienated me from them. They're still not bad on occassion when you need something really cheap and really quick.

They're also not fully an NYC thing. I know of at least one, with the same damn menu, in New Haven.
  • Testiculon wrote: The one I'm talking about is about to open on 8th Avenue between 11th and 12th.

and yet you can see that sign from Flatbush :shock:
  • Someone told me that those tortillas are cooked in pure lard,

The Lards of Flatbush

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook