Good cell phone service in Windsor Terrace? — Brooklynian

Good cell phone service in Windsor Terrace?

ATT service is basically non-existent in our new home in Windsor Terrace.

Any recommendations for what we should switch to?

Comments

• I have lived in WT for 13 years. My AT&T was perfectly fine until about a week ago, and now I am dropping calls like crazy.

I had good reception with Verizon for years, and also fine reception with T-Mo. However, T-Mo has a big dead spot on 5th Ave/10th Street - ironically, right in front of their store.
  • Verizzle is the shizzle but I'm wondering if anyone uses metro pcs or boost, something that will cost me closer to $50/month than the $99 i pay verizon.
  • Subject: AT&T

I called AT&T about this. They said there were three (yes THREE) towers around Park Slope and Windsor Terrace that have been down since Feb 11th. They said AT&T was working on it but it's been more than a week since then. I seemed to have better texting success today but I am still not able to make calls. All I know is that AT&T is aware of the problem, but nothing seems to be improving.
  • ^ thanks for that info, Jacks....good ammo to use when fighting for credit
  • vidro3 wrote: Verizzle is the shizzle but I'm wondering if anyone uses metro pcs or boost, something that will cost me closer to $50/month than the $99 i pay verizon.
    Stick with Verizon and go Page Plus they are a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and use Verizon Network pagepluscellular.com

What do you get for $99 month?
  • BTW, I have zero problems with Verizon
  • something like 450 minutes,unlimited text and data
  • oh yea i have no problem w/ verizon except the price. i also have $3.99/month international calling and i think 5.99 for insurance on the phone
  • Never have any problem anywhere in Windsor Terrace with Verizon. I think once I lost a signal in Prospect Park for a minute on the Windsor Terrace side.
  • Vidro re: international calling - you can usually do this cheaper with a calling card

re Insurance, Personally I think this is a rip off you still have to pay a $50 deductible last time I checked. The better bet is to just get a 1 year contract instead of 2, and no insurance. You'll be eligible for an upgrade in 10 months instead of 18.

How much data and texting do you actually use? Log into your vzw online account and check the detail. You can port your number and use the same phone on the same Verizon network on Page Plus and for $30 month, including taxes, you get 1,200 minutes + 1,200 messages + 50 mb data
  • my usage is sporadic, i'll be at like 400 texts one month and 1400 the next.
    and everyone knows what happens if you go over your limit .

but that $30 a month plan should definitely handle my usage.

Re international: my understanding is that I need the $3.99 to even allow my phone to call international - rate for the call itself is extra.

Re insurance: I should probably "break" my phone to get back into the + side on that. When I got insurance they said something like if I remove it I can't get it back again.
  • Subject: Re: AT&T

I've been having the same issues, I'm at 15th & 7th Ave. After much fighting with AT&T I got put through to a high level tech guy for the east coast. He was actually pretty bright and helpful and gave me his direct contact info.
    He said there's an 88% failure rate in our area. Two weeks ago a crew from Lucent serviced the tower and I got endless phone calls and texts from AT&T telling me the problem was fixed.
    Within 3 or so days the problem started up again. I've since gone back and forth with this guy and through him AT&T has released me from my contract.
    Unfortunantly I'm now addicted to my damn iPhone so I'd rather they just fix it before I go back to Verizon.
    Contact the guy I dealt with and let him know you're having problems too
    Carson Proctor CP9173@att.com
    Here's his last email to me on 3/4/10
    "my apologies for not responding to you in a more timely manner,it looks like RF are retesting something at the site.‬ our ticket suggest that PiMs tested and reset...case being monitored if no resolution by 3/4, will notify RF A. We are working diligently on getting your service issue resolved"
    No idea what any of the tech stuff means
    jacks1219 wrote: I called AT&T about this. They said there were three (yes THREE) towers around Park Slope and Windsor Terrace that have been down since Feb 11th. They said AT&T was working on it but it's been more than a week since then. I seemed to have better texting success today but I am still not able to make calls. All I know is that AT&T is aware of the problem, but nothing seems to be improving.
  • Thank you. I just wrote to Carson.
  • I feel committed to AT&T (or I should say stuck) because I have an iPhone which I love. However, if I were going to switch, I would choose Verizon as they have outstanding national coverage and reasonable International Calling Phone Service is you set up in advance.
  • verizon has issues in windsor terrace as well.

starting about 2 months ago my service started to suck hard.

just switched to the iPhone and expect to start having lots of sex soon.
    http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/dont-be-ugly-by-accident/
  • How bad are the Verizon issues? (Kinda want one of those Android phones they have.)

David
    Voip for Small Business
  • verizon was great until about 2 months ago, give or take. Then I started dropping calls like crazy while sitting in my apartment where I had always had fine service.

i called and they told me they had tower issues in my zip code
This discussion has been closed.