Cop Shot on 21st? [night of 20th] — Brooklynian

Cop Shot on 21st? [night of 20th]

Hey everyone.

On 21st at Regent Pl there was a swarm of police, the streets taped off, and on-lookers reporting that a cop had been shot.

I can't seem to find anything online or in the news about this. Does anyone know what happened?

OrbitBoy

Comments

• This would explain the 3 police vehicles that tore down Cortelyou Road last night going 80 mph.... and other siren sounds coming from Beverley.
  • tybur6 wrote: This would explain the 3 police vehicles that tore down Cortelyou Road last night going 80 mph.... and other siren sounds coming from Beverley.
    Yeah, I have a friend who lives on Regent Pl who was right in the middle of the mess, but still doesn't know exactly what happened. I'm trying to find out.

God, Flatbush is so violent, and not even as violent as East Flatbush or Brownsville, but still so violent. Near Regent Pl alone there have been at least 2 or 3 murders just in the past year.

Orbit
  • i work on the weekends at east 28th and ave D. near nostrand ave. please tell me about this neighborhod if anyone knows. so far it seems like a nice neighborhood.
  • bococalady wrote: i work on the weekends at east 28th and ave D. near nostrand ave. please tell me about this neighborhod if anyone knows. so far it seems like a nice neighborhood.
    It's actually not a "bad" neighborhood on the surface, but ghetto culture isn't one of the most pleasant cultures. There is an undercurrent of violence and crime that's not easy to ignore. It's a minority of people creating the trouble, and most people are really pretty great around here, but all it takes is one man with one gun to ruin everything.

I've lived here for almost 3 years and I've never had anything happen to me, thank god, but it's very upsetting to know that three people were murdered on my block, and that my friend had two people murdered on his block, or seeing McDonald's workers mop up blood from another knifing or shooting, or hearing about children being killed by stray bullets at a nightclub at 3am (why children are in a nightclub at 3am is beyond me)... it can be extremely overwhelming.

Based on reports from the local precincts, almost all of the violence is at night, and mostly Black on Black, and contained to domestic, club, or drug related activities. But no matter who you are, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time...
  • Subject: Shooter in custody

Apparently it was this...

http://www.spotcrime.com/crime/9378438-98f9c4bae680278c63be849e3c892d71

03/21/2010 12:45 AM
    Shooting/Stabbing. Confines 70pct - PD o/s confirmed person shot, shots also fired @ PD, suspect w/ firearm in custody.
This discussion has been closed.