why would ny protect criminal illegal aliens? — Brooklynian

why would ny protect criminal illegal aliens?

This i don't understand at all. if they commit crimes they should be deported. Illegal immigrants who aren't criminals(besides the illegal part), they provide services to citizens. but criminals on the other hand don't.

I never knew ny protect them till i read this article.

Each was previously deported from the United States, as far back as the 1990s, after being convicted of crimes that involved, for example, drug or weapons offenses.

In the ensuing years, the men returned to the United States illegally, prosecutors said, and were arrested in New York, in some cases for minor transit violations. Those cases were apparently dropped or otherwise not pursued by the authorities, and under New York law, the records were sealed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/nyregion/records-release-leads-to-dispute-over-immigrant-prosecutions-in-new-york.html?ref=nyregion

Comments

• I guess the Man needs to take NYC to court. Maybe even bring criminal charges for knowingly protecting criminals.

• A lot of New Yorkers have misguided sympathies, thinking that these people are committing crimes because they can't get work or whatever. The reality is that the pickings for their criminal enterprise were slim in their home country, so they come here. Personally, I think that law enforcement agencies at all levels of government should cooperate and coordinate their efforts.

• Because political correctness, even against the interests of public safety, is "progressive"

• Whats up setting is that the state government is like sorta apologizing for "accidentally" releasing these names to the feds. They have nothing to apologize for!!

• Some ppl come here specifically to engage in criminal activities and take advantage of "safety net" programs when they have children born here. It is a scandal. The Bloomberg admin does not care.

• Some ppl come here specifically to engage in criminal activities and take advantage of "safety net" programs when they have children born here. It is a scandal. The Bloomberg admin does not care.

• We recently had a pretty good conversation on the governments efforts to deport illegal aliens who commit crimes here: http://brooklynian.com/forum/brooklyn-politics/illinois-gov-withdraws-from-federal-immigration-and-customs-enforcement-program/page/1

• We recently had a pretty good conversation on the governments efforts to deport illegal aliens who commit crimes here: http://brooklynian.com/forum/brooklyn-politics/illinois-gov-withdraws-from-federal-immigration-and-customs-enforcement-program/page/1

• Oy vy, NY deports prostitutes/spies, but not violent criminals?

BTW Armchair-nice icon, retro cool.

• Oy vy, NY deports prostitutes/spies, but not violent criminals?

• So, a friend of mine's wife was a landlord. She has three daughter born in the US, aged around 11-18. One of her tenants decided not to pay rent, and so he decided to tell the INS that my friend's wife was here illegally.

She spent about six months in detention for the heinous crime of having a bad tenant.

My friend's wife was not relying on government handouts. She wasn't looking for them. Detaining her did no good, unless you want to alienate her daughters, all US citizens. And her detention was paid for by US tax dollars.

After what my friend and these poor girls went through, I have NO sympathy for the broad brush used by anti-illegal immigrants.

• i said in my original post, i have problems with criminals that they are protecting who happen to be illegal immigrants, not illegal immigrants. i like illegal immigrants they do jobs that alot of native born americans wouldn't ever do.

makes no sense to protect criminals, the law can differentiate between the two unless they are completely brain dead.

• MarvelGirl said:

Oy vy, NY deports prostitutes/spies, but not violent criminals?

I stole it off the net, didn't notice that part of your post. I'm very guilty of skiming post as most posters know :p. i mean i shrink it down from this into the icon.

I love the picture.

• America is slowly dying before our eyes, we think nothing will happen to us but I believe the time is coming we will collapse. Congress has been purchased by major corporations, even other countries like China lobby our congressmen to do business taking away all jobs.. Now they want Illegals to come in here criminals or not take our Jobs. In my neighborhood American citizens don't have jobs, only illegals go to work..

The Mayor of New York City, a billionaire want to protect Illegals even if they rape our women, kill, sell drugs.. We have Fallen, as a nation we have evicted God, Christians are labeled Terrorists... Well, judgement will come I just pray all with a good heart will open heart to our Creator, yahweh.. seek forgiveness. As a nation We were bless the Greatest country in history... now we are cursed. God bless u guys.

• America is slowly dying before our eyes, we think nothing will happen to us but I believe the time is coming we will collapse. Congress has been purchased by major corporations, even other countries like China lobby our congressmen to do business taking away all jobs.. Now they want Illegals to come in here criminals or not take our Jobs. In my neighborhood American citizens don't have jobs, only illegals go to work..

The Mayor of New York City, a billionaire want to protect Illegals even if they rape our women, kill, sell drugs.. We have Fallen, as a nation we have evicted God, Christians are labeled Terrorists... Well, judgement will come I just pray all with a good heart will open heart to our Creator, yahweh.. seek forgiveness. As a nation We were bless the Greatest country in history... now we are cursed. God bless u guys.

This discussion has been closed.