visiting Brooklyn College, need advice re: subway — Brooklynian

visiting Brooklyn College, need advice re: subway

Hello,

I am visiting Brooklyn College next week. I am coming from Astoria and see that I can take the 2 or the 5 to the Flatbush/Nostrand station or the H. What is recommended? The Flatbush stop is closer, how is the neighborhood there?

Also, since I have a bit of travel anxiety, at the Flatbush station, I was wondering is someone could tell me what part of the train to be on so as to be close to the location of the exit on the platform when the train pulls in.

Thank you very much!

Comments

• The 2 runs all the way to BC all of the time, whereas the 5 sometimes only goes as far as Bowling Green.

The neighborhood around Brooklyn College is packed with students and commuters. The front of the train is closest to Brooklyn College.

There is a Target Department store in the immediate area.

• thank you whynot, so if I sit at the front of the train then the actual exit on the platform will be near?

• If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you should check out the app "Exit Strategy", which tells you where the exits and transfers are along practically every platform. (It may be on android too, I just don't know). Good luck with your trip!

This discussion has been closed.