Bar/Restaurant next door to Pavillion — Brooklynian

Bar/Restaurant next door to Pavillion

So, I saw the construction going on for a while at what used to be Circles (right next to the Pavillion in the circle) and realized today it's open (I think it's called Park Grille or something).

Is this just Circles in disguise or truly something new? Circles was (IMO) horrible! I went there once, got a Caesar salad. It consisted of iceburg lettuce, boxed croutons (not even the big ones, I'm talking tiny lower-rent Pepperidge Farms) and bottled dressing.

Anybody know?

Comments

• i actually had one of the worst meals of my life at circles... (alas, it was the company. the food was just iffy...)

but it's my feeling that there are two restaurants coming up there. the first is already up, but there's lots of construction in what seems to be the back room of circles; wondering if it's a second restuarant?
  • I noticed that too (the 2 sections).

Circles sucked. I think it only survived because of the proximity to the theatre/subway and because some of the old-timers (like my landlord) in the 'hood just have simple(r) tastes.
  • i hope it's 2, and the new one is in some way interesting, because the first one looks like it'll get the crowd who'd have gone to beefsteak charlie's
  • brooklynpotter wrote: i hope it's 2, and the new one is in some way interesting, because the first one looks like it'll get the crowd who'd have gone to beefsteak charlie's
    beefsteak charlie's?
    what's that :P

anything will be better than circles.
    even their beer tasted nasty :cry:
  • quijibo wrote:
    beefsteak charlie's?

OMG - you don't know what Beefsteak Charlie's was? They did this all the shrimp and salad you could eat deal with dinner and you used to see the most immense people there with platefuls of peel and eat shrimp. :shock:
  • it was insane. it was like the klein's basement of restaurants.
  • Beefsteak Charlies......ah, memories. Scary memories!
  • i remember beefsteak charlie's
    i was just kidding :P

ahhh. memories of all-you-can-eat dinner
    and polyester pants with elastic waistbands :cry:
  • prusik wrote: [quote=quijibo]
    beefsteak charlie's?

OMG - you don't know what Beefsteak Charlie's was? They did this all the shrimp and salad you could eat deal with dinner and you used to see the most immense people there with platefuls of peel and eat shrimp. :shock:

Yes! All you can eat shrimp bar...with those annoying commercials where people packed their faces with shrimp and exclaimed, "SHRIMP! oh shrimp..." in various states of orgasmic bliss. I ate there once with my parents and being a rookie at the shrimp game I dumped all the tails back into the salad bar when I went up for seconds...dumb.

I personally hope it's a nice Lums.
  • Flexichick wrote: Beefsteak Charlies......ah, memories. Scary memories!
    Screw Beefsteak Charlies - give me some Tony Romas with their blooming onion :)
  • Ugh. I just walked by. It's called Park House and has the old Circles menu in the window.

The back half is still under renovation, but I'm guessing it's just a party room or extension of the Park House.

Too bad :(
  • Subject: The hell with that

stacey wrote: [quote=Flexichick]Beefsteak Charlies......ah, memories. Scary memories!
    Screw Beefsteak Charlies - give me some Tony Romas with their blooming onion :)

I wanna Cooky's Steak Pub!
    Then a nice Carvel Cookie Puss afterwards ....
    with a trip next day to Crazy Eddie's.
    Fab!
  • Flexichick wrote: Ugh. I just walked by. It's called Park House and has the old Circles menu in the window.

The back half is still under renovation, but I'm guessing it's just a party room or extension of the Park House.

Too bad :(
    I never looked at the old Circles menu, but the menu I (coincidentally) looked at an hour ago on my evening walk looked... ehhhh. Too expensive for my blood, given how middle-of-the-road the entrees appeared. I can go to a nicer, established place and pay a few dollars less for a guaranteed good meal.

I'm still holding out hope the back half houses an entirely separate entity.
This discussion has been closed.