I try not to comment on the lin story, but come on your wife is asian makes - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I try not to comment on the lin story, but come on your wife is asian makes

it okay to say stupid racist shit??? I known white guys in the past that would date asian girls to dominate them and still hate asians in general but love asian girls. doesn't mean they aren't racist hell there is alot of self hate among asian girls.

In a statement, ESPN apologized for the "offensive and inappropriate comments." ESPNews anchor Max Bretos, who was suspended 30 days for saying the phrase on air, apologized on Twitter.

“My wife is Asian, would never intentionally say anything to disrespect her and that community,” Bretos said. “Despite intention, phrase was inappropriate in this context.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-jeremy-lin-espn-headline-20120220,0,3952849.story

Comments

• No, that's not what he was saying.

At all.

• think what you want. he deliberately made a racist comment and he thought he could get away with it as same old line as oh i have black friends, this is even richer I married asian lady LOL.

• All I can surmise is that he thought only his friends watched ESPN.

Which is silly, because from what I hear, lots of people sports and the network has a pretty big viewership. :)

• I honestly do not think he meant it to be offensive. I just watched the video. I am half asian and the product of a white dork marrying an asian chick straight off the boat in the 70s. You know, "my dad just wanted to date asian girls to dominate them and still hate asians in general but love asian girls".

I think in the other incident in print it was racist, but in the case of the news guy he just got caught up in the stupid sports lingo and made a bad mistake, though unintentional. He will not make this mistake again.

• ribbons said:

I honestly do not think he meant it to be offensive. I just watched the video. I am half asian and the product of a white dork marrying an asian chick straight off the boat in the 70s. You know, "my dad just wanted to date asian girls to dominate them and still hate asians in general but love asian girls".

I think in the other incident in print it was racist, but in the case of the news guy he just got caught up in the stupid sports lingo and made a bad mistake, though unintentional. He will not make this mistake again.

You and I have different experiences in life.

they would on one hand tell the chinks and gooks to move out of their neighborhood and because we are lowing their property values and beat up asian kids.

the other hand they would date dumb self hating asian girls because they got tight pussies. they love to share this with the asian guys.

In response to Lin’s great performance, FoxSports.com columnist Jason Whitlock tweeted, “Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple of inches of pain tonight.”

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/jason-whitlock-apologizes-for-racist-tweet_b53112

stuff like this isn't new. its acceptable by both whites and blacks when its racist comments on asians in the media.

• Like i said I try to ignore the whole lin thing, but that white guy has balls to tell the world its okay because he has some stupid asian girl as a wife?

I'm sure the KKK members have best friends that are black etc...

white guy let me get you a medal for you screwing some stupid asian girl and married her so you can have some nice home cooking and tight pussy.

• the guy who made ching chong racist taunts come to defense of dude for using the term.

Glenn Beck Defends Max Bretos for "Chink" Comment at Jeremy Lin

since Glenn Beck is definition of not a racist. I'll take his word for it.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/302959/20120222/bretos-espn-jeremy-lin-asian-beck-chink.htm

• While there are some gawd-awful white guys (like every other race) and there are some that express those ignorant and stupid opinions, it is just as ignorant to believe that is what EVERY single white guy who dates an asian girl thinks.

Besides, what does that mean for couples where the guy is asian and the girl white?

• I didn't say every single white guy, i only say the white guys who date asian girls who into that. not all the white guys are into that and not all asian girls who date white guys hate themselves etc...

other wise total different issue.

This discussion has been closed.