This site is closed to new comments and posts.

Notice: This site uses cookies to function.
If you are not comfortable with cookies then please don't browse this website.

Hudson Companies Residential Development on Flatbush Ave. in PLG - Page 6 — Brooklynian

Hudson Companies Residential Development on Flatbush Ave. in PLG

12346»

Comments

• The views from the top floors are going to be nice. 
  • oooh, maybe we'll see floorplans as early as this summer.. I'm really curious as to how the top floors are going to be divided. also, i'm not sure if there'll be any way to find this out online, but i'd be super curious as to how the affordable units are distributed. obviously none of the tippy top floors will be affordable, but it's possible some will be on the higher floors on the non-park-view sides
  • edited March 2016
    oooh, maybe we'll see floorplans as early as this summer.. I'm really curious as to how the top floors are going to be divided. also, i'm not sure if there'll be any way to find this out online, but i'd be super curious as to how the affordable units are distributed. obviously none of the tippy top floors will be affordable, but it's possible some will be on the higher floors on the non-park-view sides
    If one is looking east, one probably can see planes as they approach JFK on a good day. 
  • or you could look at the kings county hospital building, the only other tall building that seems to exist to the east

• I heard from somebody who was involved with the bookstore that they are aiming for fall occupancy for both building and store. 
    It won't be fall. I'm going through the application process right now.
  • edited April 2016

This drone video shows how nice the views from the upper floors will be:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/153425108?autoplay=1&loop=1&title=0&byline=0&portrait=0

Also, we may want to note that they are now referring to the building as "The Parkline"

• edited May 2016
    I wonder why there are absolutely no pics of the inside available any where.
  • edited May 2016
    Here's the website.
  • edited June 2016

Here's the pricing:

"The least expensive rentals among them will start at $2,123/month for a studio and $2,584/month for a one-bedroom. Two-bedroom rentals will start at $3,553/month with three-bedrooms asking from $4,430/month. It should be noted that these prices include one month of free rent on a 13-month lease, at least."

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/6/28/12051954/prospect-lefferts-gardens-626-flatbush-avenue-pricing

...which is similar to prices at the building located at the corner of Eastern Parkway and Franklin:  http://streeteasy.com/building/341-eastern-parkway-brooklyn

• i took a tour of this building. it's actually quite nice inside for a new building. pretty tasteful and neutral but obviously modern fixtures and finishing. the rep said only apartments through the 16th floor are being rented at the moment (expecting august 1st move-in...which seemed ambitious to me since all the common areas were incomplete and the driveway isn't really done). those are the same floors that the affordable units are on, and the market ones from 16th floor down cap out at about $5500. apparently once they've filled that part of the building, they will start renting out the top floors for a lot more.

the views were incredible. even the ones not facing the park were pretty spectacular. once you're above the 7th/8th floor it seems like you get some pretty amazing vantage points. a pro for anyone looking to live in an amenity-stuffed building is that the top floor is entirely a common area, with lounges and a shared roof space and everything. so even someone on the 4th floor looking at nothing will be able to go up to the roof whenever they please. a con is that apparently smoking is banned in the whole building? even outdoors?? i thought that was super weird, and i don't even smoke. also, they have a sweet bike room, but it's an additional fee and you're absolutely not allowed to bring your bike into the elevators/presumably your apartment. basically, it sounded like there was a lot of rules that kind of sucked. but hey, people love their in-unit washer machines and sink garbage disposals.

there are a few terraces facing flatbush avenue--apparently they are for some of the affordable units, so that's kind of nice.

oh, also the apartments were really nice inside except for one thing: the PTACs are HUGE and really loud. i'm actually shocked that it's 2016 and PTACs don't come in a sleeker less protruding/noisy variety. ...or if they did, hudson didn't want to shell out.
  • PTACS are a way for the building to save on heating costs.  

...the costs are borne by the tenants.  

• My understanding of the way these new buildings work is that a significant portion of the affordable is located on the lower, less desirable floors with affordable units reducing as you go up. My friends live in the Shelton in Bed-Stuy for example and affordable is 100% below the 9th floor with only a couple on 8 and 9 and the number of affordable units increasing the lower you get. Given this buildings size and the report on views, I'd say most will probably be on 8 or below. 

The bike room thing is also pretty standard, although it is also tricky as the buildings don't offer bike parking for visitors, and I've seen that various ways (some buildings have an absolute prohibition and you've got to chain your bike somewhere off property at your own risks, others will have doormen/maintenance open the storage room for temporary parking, and others will allow visitors to take bike to the apartments they are visiting). 
  • apartments now being shown.     Here are photos of the view 

(photos not by me)

626 - 2 626 -1