Corner of Franklin Union
  • specifically directy @ Mr. Whynot:

you know the rumor you posted that a sizeable entity was interested in the corner shops, provided the bodega was willing to vacate?

just walked by last nite-- they've moved to president street.

and speculation in 3,2,......

• talk to me.

• Who is "they" that are moving to President St.?

• A few months ago, I had heard that a large restaurant/bar was in conversations with the landlord that controls the storefront on the west side of Franklin, between EP and Union.

The entity can not be named by me.

Terekete seems to be stating that this entity is now considering similarly large space on President.

It is clear that "they" are very interested in Crown Heights, but it is not clear whether they will find a place that meets their preferences.

• There are 3 small store fronts on Franklin, between President and Carroll that have been vacant for years. They are all in a row and would make one large space assuming they could be combined. TeReKeTe, is that what you are referring too?

• Speaking of this area... i noticed that Nino's rebranding of themselves has happened online but not in real life.

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/italian-passion-pizza/menu

• I can confirm that the entity that was looking at the corner of 820 Franklin, along with the adjoining storefronts is no longer interested.

As stated above by terekete, the bodega moved. The corner storefront is now for rent: 

• I heard the Bob & Betty's/Pulp & Bean team is considering a second spot on that block... maybe this location?
  • I heard the Bob & Betty's/Pulp & Bean team is considering a second spot, on that block... maybe this location?
  • Bob and Betty's owns the former Key Food on Franklin near Union that is presently dormant, and has been for a while. If the neighborhood changes enough to support an upscale food market, they will make it into one. 

If they get a better offer, they would take it.

They are not interested in 820 Franklin Avenue.
  • One month later, 820 Franklin is still listed on CPEX's website as being available.

This landlord took a gamble and vacated several storefronts (820, 818, 816), under the belief that the entity referenced above (or a similar entity) would snatch them up and make them one unit.

As of now, this move has only made them vacant;   The entity that wanted to combine them is no longer interested, the corner location is still on the market:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook