Brooklyn Photo Section-Junkies of Windsor Terrace — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Photo Section-Junkies of Windsor Terrace

Has anyone seen this post, it's mind boggling that this was being done in the open.

http://www.tupelo35.com/

Comments

  • Subject: Junkies

    OMG. What sad and terribly pathetic pictures.
    And the guy with his butt hanging out was way toooo much info.
  • I didn't see any captions and am not sure what I was looking at.
  • Subject: haven't we been through all this before???

    Fri May 04, 2007 11:13 am Post subject: Junkies in Park Slope

    same pics. same intro.

    last time the images were redacted by the mods.

    what's up????
  • Subject: Re: haven't we been through all this before???

    1646412 wrote: Fri May 04, 2007 11:13 am Post subject: Junkies in Park Slope

    same pics. same intro.

    last time the images were redacted by the mods.

    what's up????
    ***************************

    Are you sure,if so why is it back and moved from the Park Slope menu to Windsor Terrace
  • Oh shit, I know most of those guys, lol.. :lol: :lol:

    Joey Carrar in the blue button down, word has it that he could knock out anyone back in the day, of course this is going back decades.. and that's Sweat downing the double deuce. :P The glue-sniffing guy has been doing that on the parkside literally since I was a toddler. Some old holdouts right there. :shock:

    Yeah they may be repulsive, but at least they have roots here. Would take them over a bunch of exorbitant rent-paying yups any day. :roll:
  • Restless Native wrote: Oh shit, I know most of those guys, lol.. :lol: :lol:

    Joey Carrar in the blue button down, word has it that he could knock out anyone back in the day, of course this is going back decades.. and that's Sweat downing the double deuce. :P The glue-sniffing guy has been doing that on the parkside literally since I was a toddler. Some old holdouts right there. :shock:

    Yeah they may be repulsive, but at least they have roots here. Would take them over a bunch of exorbitant rent-paying yups any day. :roll:
    Joey and the glue sniffer are usually seen outside Luv's candy store on PPW. They jusy keep on going, I think their DNA should be studied, it may help mankind.
  • Hamilton wrote: [quote=Restless Native]Oh shit, I know most of those guys, lol.. :lol: :lol:

    Joey Carrar in the blue button down, word has it that he could knock out anyone back in the day, of course this is going back decades.. and that's Sweat downing the double deuce. :P The glue-sniffing guy has been doing that on the parkside literally since I was a toddler. Some old holdouts right there. :shock:

    Yeah they may be repulsive, but at least they have roots here. Would take them over a bunch of exorbitant rent-paying yups any day. :roll:
    Joey and the glue sniffer are usually seen outside Luv's candy store on PPW. They jusy keep on going, I think their DNA should be studied, it may help mankind.
  • gee, i'd recognize those guys anywhere... because live on my fucking street. and one of them, i won't say which, took a shit in our basement stairwell. and they hang out a lot in the adorably designed circle where now nobody can hang out because it's filled with drunks and addicts.

    bitter? me? i don't know why you'd think that...
  • Restless Native wrote: Yeah they may be repulsive, but at least they have roots here. Would take them over a bunch of exorbitant rent-paying yups any day. :roll:
    Let me get this straight - as a homeowner, which you claim to be, would you rather rent to the junkies with local roots or the suburb-born white collar family?
  • Restless Native wrote: Yeah they may be repulsive, but at least they have roots here. Would take them over a bunch of exorbitant rent-paying yups any day. :roll:
    Seriously? hahaha that's laughable.
  • [quote="brooklynpotter"]gee, i'd recognize those guys anywhere... because live on my fucking street. and one of them, i won't say which, took a shit in our basement stairwell.

    ********************************************************
    Joey is famous for doing that, he doesn't know toilets were invented,
    he drops his poop under your stoop and walks away contented ...........
    javascript:emoticon(':P')
  • perhaps we need to remind him about a: toilets, and b: clean up. give the guy some paper towels or something.

    seriously, do we think this group of guys would be hanging down here if the shelter weren't down here?
  • brooklynpotter wrote: perhaps we need to remind him about a: toilets, and b: clean up. give the guy some paper towels or something.

    seriously, do we think this group of guys would be hanging down here if the shelter weren't down here?
    ****************************
    If you live on 15th between 8th and PPSW there are two reasons why they hang around there .
    1-One of the junkies has a family living on your block
    2-There was a drug dealer living at 1408 8th ave who was their supplier, the 72nd knew it and did nothing...The dealer was forced to move out when his building was damaged by a reckless builders on 15th st.
    He is now doing his business in Sunset Park and it's to far for them to go.
  • Hamilton wrote: [quote=brooklynpotter]perhaps we need to remind him about a: toilets, and b: clean up. give the guy some paper towels or something.

    seriously, do we think this group of guys would be hanging down here if the shelter weren't down here?
    ****************************
    If you live on 15th between 8th and PPSW there are two reasons why they hang around there .
    1-One of the junkies has a family living on your block
    2-There was a drug dealer living at 1408 8th ave who was their supplier, the 72nd knew it and did nothing...The dealer was forced to move out when his building was damaged by a reckless builder on 15th st.
    He is now doing his business in Sunset Park and it's to far for them to go.
  • Subject: Re: Brooklyn Photo Section-Junkies of Windsor Terrace

    Hamilton wrote: Has anyone seen this post, it's mind boggling that this was being done in the open.

    http://www.tupelo35.com/
    Hamilton: how are these pictures so 'mind boggling' to you?!?

    You post the link with that statement, say you had no idea it appeared earlier this year and seem skeptical when I gave you the date, time and header it appeared under...

    and to top it all off...

    it turns out that the guys who do all this 'mind boggling' stuff 'in the open' are people you can identify by name and tell your stories about.

    if you're trying to stir the sh*t, just say so, why do you have to play it so cute?
  • Subject: Re: Brooklyn Photo Section-Junkies of Windsor Terrace

    1646412 wrote: [quote=Hamilton]Has anyone seen this post, it's mind boggling that this was being done in the open.

    http://www.tupelo35.com/
    Hamilton: how are these pictures so 'mind boggling' to you?!?

    You post the link with that statement, say you had no idea it appeared earlier this year and seem skeptical when I gave you the date, time and header it appeared under...

    and to top it all off...

    it turns out that the guys who do all this 'mind boggling' stuff 'in the open' are people you can identify by name and tell your stories about.

    if you're trying to stir the sh*t, just say so, why do you have to play it so cute?
    ******************************************************

    I first saw it last week it was originally posted by tupelo35 , When I tried to locate your reference date but I couldn't locate it , that is not a challange and far as mind boggling, i don't know where you live ,but I find junkies shooting it up in broad daylight mind boggeling
    .[sorry about that]
    I live in Windsor Terrace and know who these people are as well as everyone else in the neighborhood does.
    I didn't think it was my duty to ID them when I first saw the posting
    , not my job .If you check the thread you will see someone else
    gave up the name Joey.
    I'm not trying to stir up any shit,Your doing a good enough job .
  • brooklynpotter wrote: and they hang out a lot in the adorably designed circle where now nobody can hang out because it's filled with drunks and addicts.
    Er, "now"? The park circle has been like that since longer than you or I have been alive. :wink:
  • WhyFi wrote: [quote=Restless Native]Yeah they may be repulsive, but at least they have roots here. Would take them over a bunch of exorbitant rent-paying yups any day. :roll:
    Let me get this straight - as a homeowner, which you claim to be, would you rather rent to the junkies with local roots or the suburb-born white collar family?

    How do the landlords make their money in Compton? Or how about the real question, where do these yups find the money to be paying my rent while wandering around 7th Ave with yoga mats at 11am every weekday morning? Hmm..

    Me, I'm doing just fine - and will continue to get this paper long after Park Slope is no longer the cat's meow. 8) :lol:

    Restless "Paper Chaser" Native
  • What a graceful ducking of the question. :roll:
  • Restless Native wrote: [quote=WhyFi][quote=Restless Native]Yeah they may be repulsive, but at least they have roots here. Would take them over a bunch of exorbitant rent-paying yups any day. :roll:
    Let me get this straight - as a homeowner, which you claim to be, would you rather rent to the junkies with local roots or the suburb-born white collar family?

    How do the landlords make their money in Compton? Or how about the real question, where do these yups find the money to be paying my rent while wandering around 7th Ave with yoga mats at 11am every weekday morning? Hmm..

    Me, I'm doing just fine - and will continue to get this paper long after Park Slope is no longer the cat's meow. 8) :lol:

    Restless "Paper Chaser" Native
    ****************************************
    The influx of young people into the neighborhood echos the immigrantion of the twenties and thirties when it took multiple tenants to meet the monthly rent,
    .The fifties ended that as people started to prosper and extra boarders disappeared.
    Well when the shit hits the fan with Wall Street and it will,then the uppity yuppies will probably go back to where they originated

    Then neighborhoods will become neighborhoods again
  • brooklynpotter wrote: perhaps we need to remind him about a: toilets, and b: clean up. give the guy some paper towels or something.

    seriously, do we think this group of guys would be hanging down here if the shelter weren't down here?
    Most homeless don't use the shelters. Ironically, sleeping in the park - in this weather - is preferable.

    NA meetings are great places to score, as are methadone treatment centers (of which there are many in the area). There is also a lively drug trade at the 4th avenue subway.
  • i'm talking about the women's shelter at the armory
  • WhyFi wrote: [quote=Restless Native]Yeah they may be repulsive, but at least they have roots here. Would take them over a bunch of exorbitant rent-paying yups any day. :roll:
    Let me get this straight - as a homeowner, which you claim to be, would you rather rent to the junkies with local roots or the suburb-born white collar family?

    Who said they can't be both? I know several junkies (and one acid casualty) from very nice, upper middle class families.

    while not condoning junk or drug use, I will tell you that it is very possible to maintain a "normal" life as a junkie. You do not instantly become a homeless person. That's another head trip altogether.
  • but the people we're talking about are homeless junkies. and they live on my block. lucky me
  • brooklynpotter wrote: i'm talking about the women's shelter at the armory
    The group presented in Tupilo 35s photos with the exception of the black guy drinking alcohol have nothing to do with people housed in the armory.
    His name is Sweat and he and his brother are the ones who draw the armory women and other alcoholics into the square where the drink ,scream, argue and throw bottles at each other.
    For some reason they are totally ignored by the 78th pct.
    Infact one of the addicts complained to a friend of mine that they were being harassed by the 78Th and the "Drunks" were being given a free ride.
    I'm going to make a recommendation that will outrage
    some of our new and indifferent neighbors call the 78th and complain.718-636-6411...If they don't respond keep calling till they do and threaten that you will go to local papers with this problem....it works.
  • well, they hang out around the armory. hang out with the women who stay at the armory. etc etc. connect the dots
  • Hamilton wrote:
    The influx of young people into the neighborhood echos the immigrantion of the twenties and thirties when it took multiple tenants to meet the monthly rent,
    .The fifties ended that as people started to prosper and extra boarders disappeared.
    Well when the shit hits the fan with Wall Street and it will,then the uppity yuppies will probably go back to where they originated

    Then neighborhoods will become neighborhoods again
    I think comparing dirt-poor European immigrants flocking to tenements here for any work they could find, to starry-eyed 20-something suburban-sitcom-kids flocking here on mom and dad's dole to live out their 'FRIENDS' fantasy is tenuous to say the least.

    I don't care how much these people save by living with roommates - going to film or grad school does not pay the rent. :lol:

    However, I do agree with you that they'll be gone in the not-too-distant future, once their funding runs out. :wink:
  • yawn. are we having this conversation again? it's terribly boring.

    let's get back to the junkies, shall we?
  • Restless Native wrote: [quote=Hamilton]
    The influx of young people into the neighborhood echos the immigrantion of the twenties and thirties when it took multiple tenants to meet the monthly rent,
    .The fifties ended that as people started to prosper and extra boarders disappeared.
    Well when the shit hits the fan with Wall Street and it will,then the uppity yuppies will probably go back to where they originated

    Then neighborhoods will become neighborhoods again
    I think comparing dirt-poor European immigrants flocking to tenements here for any work they could find, to starry-eyed 20-something suburban-sitcom-kids flocking here on mom and dad's dole to live out their 'FRIENDS' fantasy is tenuous to say the least.

    I don't care how much these people save by living with roommates - going to film or grad school does not pay the rent. :lol:

    However, I do agree with you that they'll be gone in the not-too-distant future, once their funding runs out. :wink:
    ***************************i didn't mention dirt poor or on moms dole, but they both have the same problem they need help to survive ....Lets change the subject as Brooklynpotter is getting bored and wants to get back to the junkies.got any good junkie stories
  • brooklynpotter wrote: yawn. are we having this conversation again? it's terribly boring.

    let's get back to the junkies, shall we?
    If you live on 15th st you may have an additional junkie problem, a friend of mine who lives on that block has said he noticed a group who use to deal on the parkside creating activity on his block..
    One was a short fat guy who wears a red hat and oversized red shirt,another is a black guy who's hair is pulled back and held back by what appears a womens band.
    The best to come is some lowlife who brings his two year old son on his heroin deals, in fact he was arrested with his son about six months ago, for some reason he's still dealing.
  • Subject: Windsor Terrace junkies

    Another spot where addicts and dealers have been seen hanging out is outside- Hot Diggity Dog-on PPW between 17th and Prospect Ave
    The 72nd is aware of this ,lets hope their working on it
  • Subject: the old way of life, mostly

    my dad grew up on prospect ave in the 50s and to hear him tell it, most of the kids he grew up with quickly became junkies, drunks, whores, etc., and most of the "kids" he knew then are dead now. these remnants are sad, probably needed professional help about 30 or 40 plus years ago, are too far gone now and i'm sure they will all die off soon enough so you can rest easily at night knowing there won't be too many more around to lower your property values.
    that said, i would HATE if some shit in my stairwell. i can barely stand the dog poo in my garbage pails in the front yard!!!!
  • Subject: Re: the old way of life, mostly

    puppycup wrote: ...are too far gone now and i'm sure they will all die off soon enough so you can rest easily at night knowing there won't be too many more around to lower your property values.
    this was unnecessary.

    more to the actual point, would you want to live with this shit--no pun intended--on your street?
  • Subject: Re: the old way of life, mostly

    puppycup wrote: my dad grew up on prospect ave in the 50s and to hear him tell it, most of the kids he grew up with quickly became junkies, drunks, whores, etc., and most of the "kids" he knew then are dead now. these remnants are sad, probably needed professional help about 30 or 40 plus years ago, are too far gone now and i'm sure they will all die off soon enough so you can rest easily at night knowing there won't be too many more around to lower your property values.
    that said, i would HATE if some shit in my stairwell. i can barely stand the dog poo in my garbage pails in the front yard!!!!
    ******************************************************
    Originally drugs were introduced to the neighborhood by a junkie named Jimmy Lee, who came from the Navy Yard area in the Mid 50ths-he hung around with a few of a gang called the Tigers ,who he turned on to heroin,a couple of them died from overdoses,some survived it only to have their children follow in their footsteps.
    The next generation was Sissy Lauterbach[murdered] Freddie Abel[in prision],Oscar[aids] Joey and Harry[cj] both are still hustling for drugs....They all had extensive therapy but inspite of all the help they received they keep going back to the street life.
    The problem isn't shit in the stairwell or property values[ I'm a renter] it's quality of life ,why should anyone have to be exposed to junkies nodding out and doing the junkie dive in front of familys
    on PPW.
    The next generation will be the groups who hang out by Prospect Ave. on PPW and at 180 at PPW.
    If the community continues to ignore this activity ,property values won't be the problem it will be the possibility of their children accepting this lifestyle
  • [quote="Restless Native"]Oh shit, I know most of those guys, lol.. :lol: :lol:

    Joey Carrar in the blue button down, word has it that he could knock out anyone back in the day,
    ********************************************************
    He still can if you stand to close to him.
  • is there anything we can do about these guys? seriously.

    i don't mean to be cold-hearted, i don't. and i don't want to be one of those "not in my neighborhood" kind of people. but christ, i don't want to keep running into them on the street, barely walking, smelling, saying crazy drunken things to me.

    as a woman often walking alone on this block, i don't feel safe with these guys hanging around. i don't feel safe with the shelter women and their drug addict boyfriends hanging around.

    you think some of these addicts (near the shelter, more likely) aren't carrying? dealing on my corner? this should make me feel safe?
  • i'm starting a letter writing, calling, emailing campaign. JOIN IN:

    Borough President Marty Markowitz
    209 Joralemon Street Brooklyn, NY 11201
    (718) 802-3700
    askmarty@brooklynbp.nyc.gov

    Council Member Bill de Blasio
    2907 Fort Hamilton Parkway
    Brooklyn, NY 11218
    (718) 854-9791
    deblasio@council.nyc.ny.us

    Assembly Member Jim Brennan
    416 Seventh Avenue
    Brooklyn, NY 11215
    (718) 788-7221 brennaj@assembly.state.ny.us
  • Subject: Contacts

    It would be beneficial to contact Randy Peers,Chairman at Community Board 7 and request a community meeting be held at the basement of Holy Name Church and ask J. Brennen along with the Captians of the 72nd and 78th to attend.
    They can review the problems presented before the meeting and advise what action is being taken to resolve the drug/drunks situation plaguing our neighborhood

    Community Board 7
    4201 4th Ave.
    Bklyn Ny 11232
    718-854-0003
    E MAIL
    communityboard7@yahoo.com

    t
  • Subject: Brooklynpotter

    Have you received any responses from the officials you were contacting?
  • no.

    not from brennan, deblasio, markowitz, or gotbaum. not even an automated response.

    hell, when i wrote to shumer about specific war issues i got at least that.
  • Subject: Brooklynpotter, community meeting

    I spoke with John Davenport who is a community activist and he is in the process of putting a meeting together for Nov.20th,which will be held at Shepards Hall in the basement at Holy Name Of Jesus on PPW.

    He's contacted The 72nd pct,78thpct and a representitive of the D.A.'S Office. I'm going to contact the Director of the Armory and request He also attend.

    The best way to address this group is to present complaints , photos prior to the meeting. This forces an answer instead of the classic response [ we'll check it out and get back to you ].

    Try to get additional complaints from your neighbors and advise them to attend this important meeting, this is the only way to clean up the neighborhood

    I'll give you an update in a couple of days.
  • Thanks for the info, Hamilton.

    Here's a complaint: one of those losers stood in front of my building Sunday afternoon and bellowed "HELLO?" for five minutes straight. I thought it was one of the neighborhood kids until I looked out the window and saw a very wasted, slobby white guy in filthy clothes and a straw cowboy hat. It then stumbled around to the side of the building and started banging on the trashcans with a broom. Charming!

    I wonder if the cops want to stay out of this because so many of them hang out around Farrell's and don't want to start trouble near their local watering hole. Hell, I see a lot of those junkies IN Farrell's.
  • Yosimite Samantha wrote: Thanks for the info, Hamilton.

    Here's a complaint: one of those losers stood in front of my building Sunday afternoon and bellowed "HELLO?" for five minutes straight. I thought it was one of the neighborhood kids until I looked out the window and saw a very wasted, slobby white guy in filthy clothes and a straw cowboy hat. It then stumbled around to the side of the building and started banging on the trashcans with a broom. Charming!

    I wonder if the cops want to stay out of this because so many of them hang out around Farrell's and don't want to start trouble near their local watering hole. Hell, I see a lot of those junkies IN Farrell's.
    ******************************************************
    The junkie you mentioned is Frankie Rogers, who has a wife [ex-wife] and daughter who live on your block, when he gets wacked out on heroin he rants and screams out of control, or sits on a stoop and nods out.

    Next time call 911 or the 72nd pctor just drop a pot of water on him[as lethal as it may be]and tell there is a deranged man out of control outside of yor building.

    He is well known by both the 72nd
    and 78th Pcts and he constantly complains about them harassing him.

    The junkies you see outside of Farrells are looking for money to buy drugs and for some reason, some of the patrons give it to them.

    I assume the cops that drink in Farrells are from other Pcts or know the problem and wont get involved because the courts are to lenient.

    This will be presented when the meeting takes place, in the mean time call the police if the problem occurs again
  • Yosimite Samantha wrote: Thanks for the info, Hamilton.

    Here's a complaint: one of those losers stood in front of my building Sunday afternoon and bellowed "HELLO?" for five minutes straight. I thought it was one of the neighborhood kids until I looked out the window and saw a very wasted, slobby white guy in filthy clothes and a straw cowboy hat. It then stumbled around to the side of the building and started banging on the trashcans with a broom. Charming!

    I wonder if the cops want to stay out of this because so many of them hang out around Farrell's and don't want to start trouble near their local watering hole. Hell, I see a lot of those junkies IN Farrell's.
    ******************************************************
    The junkie you mentioned is Frankie Rogers, who has a wife [ex-wife] and daughter who live on your block, when he gets wacked out on heroin he rants and screams out of control, or sits on a stoop and nods out.

    Next time call 911 or the 72nd pct or just drop a pot of water on him[as lethal as it may be] and tell them there is a deranged man out of control outside of your building.

    He is well known by both the 72nd
    and 78th Pcts and he constantly complains about them harassing him.

    The junkies you see outside of Farrells are looking for money to buy drugs and for some reason, some of the patrons give it to them.

    I assume the cops that drink in Farrells are from other Pcts or know the problem and wont get involved because the courts are too lenient.

    This will be presented when the meeting takes place, in the mean time call the police if the problem occurs again
  • Yosimite Samantha wrote: Thanks for the info, Hamilton.

    Here's a complaint: one of those losers stood in front of my building Sunday afternoon and bellowed "HELLO?" for five minutes straight. I thought it was one of the neighborhood kids until I looked out the window and saw a very wasted, slobby white guy in filthy clothes and a straw cowboy hat. It then stumbled around to the side of the building and started banging on the trashcans with a broom. Charming!

    I wonder if the cops want to stay out of this because so many of them hang out around Farrell's and don't want to start trouble near their local watering hole. Hell, I see a lot of those junkies IN Farrell's.
    ******************************************************
    The junkie you mentioned is Frankie Rogers, who has a wife [ex-wife] and daughter who live on your block, when he gets wacked out on heroin he rants and screams out of control, or sits on a stoop and nods out.

    Next time call 911 or the 72nd pct or just drop a pot of water on him[as lethal as it may be] and tell them there is a deranged man out of control outside of your building.

    He is well known by both the 72nd
    and 78th Pcts and he constantly complains about them harassing him.

    The junkies you see outside of Farrells are looking for money to buy drugs and for some reason, some of the patrons give it to them.

    I assume the cops that drink in Farrells are from other Pcts or know the problem and wont get involved because the courts are too lenient.

    This will be presented when the meeting takes place, in the mean time call the police if the problem occurs again
  • Yosimite Samantha wrote: Thanks for the info, Hamilton.

    Here's a complaint: one of those losers stood in front of my building Sunday afternoon and bellowed "HELLO?" for five minutes straight. I thought it was one of the neighborhood kids until I looked out the window and saw a very wasted, slobby white guy in filthy clothes and a straw cowboy hat. It then stumbled around to the side of the building and started banging on the trashcans with a broom. Charming!

    I wonder if the cops want to stay out of this because so many of them hang out around Farrell's and don't want to start trouble near their local watering hole. Hell, I see a lot of those junkies IN Farrell's.
    ******************************************************
    The junkie you mentioned is Frankie Rogers, who has a wife [ex-wife] and daughter who live on your block, when he gets wacked out on heroin he rants and screams out of control, or sits on a stoop and nods out.

    Next time call 911 or the 72nd pct or just drop a pot of water on him[as lethal as it may be] and tell them there is a deranged man out of control outside of your building.

    He is well known by both the 72nd
    and 78th Pcts and he constantly complains about them harassing him.

    The junkies you see outside of Farrells are looking for money to buy drugs and for some reason, some of the patrons give it to them.

    I assume the cops that drink in Farrells are from other Pcts or know the problem and wont get involved because the courts are too lenient.

    This will be presented when the meeting takes place, in the mean time call the police if the problem occurs again
  • sorry about the duplication,tried to adjust spelling
  • Frankie Rogers, who has a wife [ex-wife] and daughter who live on your block
    God, that's so sad. Does he live on the street or does the family take whatever care of him they can? I think Huffing Man (older guy with the mustache) must have some sort of support system in the neighborhood because every few weeks he'll turn up clean-shaven and (comparatively) neatly dressed.
  • Subject: the street

    Both of them live on the street and this is by choice, the huffer survives on a small income he receives for keeping a building clean on 16th street and collecting bottles and money given to him by friends, he sleeps by the real estate office on 16th st. off PPW.

    Cowboy Frankie sleeps where ever he can,the park, the armory and any stairwell available. His family tries to avoid him and for good reason, two years ago he received $295,000.00 from an accident he was in. That went into his arm and now he collects and sell pipes and iron to keep himself going.

    They both go to the church on 8th ave and 10th st, where they shower and obtain new clothes.
  • Subject: phew!

    last night about 10 o'clck the police cleard out the 15th st entrance to the F train, one of the cops said he couldn't stand the overwhelming smell of urine and had to stand at the head of the stairwell as EMS removed one of the junkies who sleep there every night .
  • The woman in this photo series o'd and died three weeks ago, she was trying to clean up but had a relapse and mixed a deadly combination of pills and heroin ,which took her life.

    Sad.
  • Subject: Goodbye Joe

    On Monday June 2nd, after 30 some years of living on the street and battling drug and alcohol abuse,Joey Corrar, the guy in the blue button down shirt expired.

    He laid down on a park bench on PPSW and never woke up.
  • I hope he has an easier time of it on the other side. I wish him peace.
  • Subject: The woman in the photo

    Hamilton wrote: The woman in this photo series o'd and died three weeks ago, she was trying to clean up but had a relapse and mixed a deadly combination of pills and heroin ,which took her life.

    Sad.
    The woman in the photo did not die from an overdose, she had no heroine in her body. She did have two hemmorraghes to the back of her head which was probably caused by a blunt object striking her in the head. She was found in the hallway at 55 Parade Place. She was visiting a woman by the name of Anna Santos. Her pocketbook and all ID were stolen. No one seems to know what happened to her. The person tupelo35 was contacted and asked if he had a signed disclosure from the woman that gave him permission to put her picture on the internet with such a negative connotation. The polce spoke with him and an investigation is under way. The family of the woman wants it removed or they will file a civil action in court. They also are looking for anyone who knows what happened the day of April 9th to their family member. The woman who this moron posted lived in windsor terrace her whole life, her parents were hard working people who lived there their whole lives as did her grandparents and great grandparents. She is survived by three sisters, ten nieces and nephews and a son who is a New York City Police Officer. She was very much Loved.
  • Subject: another death at 55 parade place

    funny my husband was also found dead in the hallway at 55 parade pl. (on may 12th 2008) And his wallet and ID were missing. He also was visiting a friend who lived there and he was also labeled a junkie. i wonder why the detectives never mentioned this womens death to me and it was 1 month before my husbands.
  • cant find any thing on the web about this murder. if anyone has any more info (like the womens name) please email me at dawnann16@aol.com the more I think about it the stranger the coincidence really is.
  • I use the 15th st station and I too have felt unsafe walking home after dark.. particularly on Prospect Ave, where I have gotten verbally, disturbingly harassed more than one time by the workers at Arrow. Also by several males on the street. Has not happened on any other block but this one - Prospect Ave btw 8th and PPW. Has anyone else experienced this? I have to take a different street now, just to avoid them, because it colored my whole opinion of the neighborhood.
  • arieshine wrote: I use the 15th st station and I too have felt unsafe walking home after dark.. particularly on Prospect Ave, where I have gotten verbally, disturbingly harassed more than one time by the workers at Arrow. Also by several males on the street. Has not happened on any other block but this one - Prospect Ave btw 8th and PPW. Has anyone else experienced this? I have to take a different street now, just to avoid them, because it colored my whole opinion of the neighborhood.
    I've walked on that stretch a lot, but only during the day. Is Arrow open all night? Thanks for the tip...I will make sure not to walk that way
  • Where is Arrow? I only come down Prospect Ave toward 10th ave so i haven't gone toward 8th ave. I will let the gf know though.
  • Arrow is btw 8th ave and PPW on Prospect Ave... I am almost positive it's not open at night, but I've been harassed there during the day enough to make me feel less safe at night, or in winter when it gets dark earlier... in any case, the employees combined with the residents make it feel like some kind of eerie corridor. I don't feel nearly as unsafe on any of the other streets in the area - but it did make me consider moving for a while.
This discussion has been closed.