Dub Pies! — Brooklynian

Dub Pies!

http://dubpies.com/

The sign is up in the window - looking to hire baristas and other staff.

This is the teal place across from Farrell's - used to be the check cashing place.

Yay!

Comments

• Awesome! I tried some of those pies from the Columbia St location and they're delicious!
  • saw some people working on the place today. Asked when they'd open and was told another month or so as the owner is waiting on permits.

He said they have aweome coffee (but I'm not a coffee drinker - I'm going for the meat pies!)
  • I had one! I had one!

It was deeeee-licious!

They have a sign out for their "soft opening" and are giving out free samples. I tried mince with cheese. Oh, yummy!

I will definitely be going back - they were very friendly to boot. They told me to come back with my friends.....I didn't tell them about my cyber friends, but you guys should check it out too :-)
  • thanks for the update! had mine this evening. it was tasty!
  • which one(s) did you get?
  • That's going to be the perfect snack to bring to the movies! :wink:
  • Flexichick wrote: which one(s) did you get?
    the minced steak and cheese, based on your statement! :D
  • When is the grand opening?
  • my bf just reported in and said the curry veggie mini-pie is very yummy !
  • not sure when the grand opening is, but this is sure to be on of my favorite places
  • Flexichick wrote: not sure when the grand opening is, but this is sure to be on of my favorite places

I was advised by one of the owners they havn't decided on an opening date yet.
  • mmmmmm.....mmmmm....mmmmm.....my mouth is full of Dub Pies.

I bought 4 today - some frozen.

So far, I've tried mince and cheese (ground beef and cheese) and steak and cheese (chunky steak).

I can't even decide which I like better. They're fabulous. I'm so glad that this place is here. I wish there had moved into Universal Video so they'd have more space.
  • So far, I'd rank the pies (best at top)

Mince & Cheese tied with Steak & Cheese
    Shepperd's (sp?) Pie
    Spinach and Ricotta

they were all delish, but the meat and cheese were my favorite
  • Do they only have take out or is there space to eat in?
  • there are a (very) few small tables to eat in.
  • Just tried them out. I got the Breakfast Pie and the Shepherds Pie...Pie. I didn't love the breakfast one. Seemed like more crust and open space inside than actual stuff. And the stuff (egg, bacon etc.) wasn't very flavorful.

The Shepherds Pie however was awesome. I could eat that every day. Looking forward to trying out a few more...
  • alright, so this may be a tad hokey, but what the heck...

going to see Sweeney Todd at the Pavilion tomorrow nite with a pre-show pitstop at Dub to smuggle in some meat pies. can't wait!

<a href="<param></param><param></param>"><param></param><param></param>

angela lansbury and george hearn, BTW. (i'm showing my age)
  • shishkab wrote: alright, so this may be a tad hokey, but what the heck...

going to see Sweeney Todd at the Pavilion tomorrow nite with a pre-show pitstop at Dub to smuggle in some meat pies. can't wait!
    Sounds like fun! I cant wait to bring in my steak pie with my little airplane bottle of red wine!

just kidding. i would never do something like that.
  • mmmm....getting hungry for them now....mince and cheese or steak and cheese are the way to go based on my research :-)
  • Had some dub pies last weekend -- very nice!
  • theoryofpractice wrote: Had some dub pies last weekend -- very nice!

which one(s)?
  • I followed your rec (I think) -- minced meat w/cheese. Wife had the sheperd's pie, and we shared some kind of sausage-deal.

All good.
  • we've tried every pie except for the Spinach/Cheese. Just haven't been in the mood yet.

I am a big fan of the steak and cheese and Shep Pie. My bf is a big fan of the breakfast pie and I always steal a bite. YUM!!

I might have to have one tonite as I disrobe the Tannenbaum for MulchFest.
  • mmm.

hubby and i had dubs for dinner tonight. happy sighs all around.

question: has anyone out there tried their dessert tarts? are they worth it?

• I'm still so in love with the pies that I haven't moved on to dessert!

I get 4 pies or so at a time and keep them in the freezer. Yummy
This discussion has been closed.