GP Doctor in Windsor Terrace — Brooklynian

GP Doctor in Windsor Terrace

Dear friends,
I recently moved into the area, and am not familiar with the ins-and-outs yet, so any help is appreciated!
I feel like I am coming down with something, and wanted to get a professional opinion. Can anyone recommend a good general practitioner doctor/primary care physician in the area?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi there. Welcome to WT.

I don't know of any good local doctors, but I posted info on my GP in the Park Slope thread (although he's not in PS either, but somebody there just asked)
  • I hope you found a good doctor.

When I lived in Windsor Terrace I used to see Dr Kaiser on or near West 3d Street. He's probably retired by now but had an outstanding reputation in his day.
  • Dr. Magno at Park West Medical Care (on 9th ave btwn 16th street & the circle) is real good.
  • That's good to know.

I have just about had it with Dr. Malik's office (8th Ave & 13th). I've been there three years and have had three different doctors. Now it's just him and he fits in GP patients between his gastro-colo-rectal procedures. He's misdiagnosed two issues in a row, probably due to not listening and taking the time to find out what's going on. His office staff is great, but we are not satisfied.

We want to find a real doctor doctor (who takes Empire Blue Cross).
  • Ive gone to Dr. Bang (on the circle) for little bugs and minor issues for years. He is good to have in the area in a pinch and is a pleasant guy.
  • Good to know. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.