"New Heights" - New Webseries explores Gentrification, Race and Identity in Crown Heights, Brooklyn
  • NEW HEIGHTS sets out to explore Brooklyn Gentrification through the lens of a young and mixed race actress named Elle. Through the various characters she meets, Elle finds herself confronting the uncomfortable social constructs that underlie our world. After graduating from a prestigious university, Elle moves to Crown Heights, Brooklyn and finds herself not only at the beginning of a difficult acting career, but also at the beginning of self-discovery in a new social landscape.

Creator Jenna Bosco writes: “I really wanted to write a web series that was funny and relevant to being a young 20-something who is struggling in their career, especially an artistic career. But I also wanted to look at how I was perceived in the new neighborhood I was living in. I wanted to address the issues I observed and was a part of; things like gentrification, race, class, identity and privilege.”

Please check out the NEW HEIGHTS Season 1 Trailer, and the series premiere, "New Girl On The Block" 

For information about the series, check out our website, subscribe to our YouTube Channel and like our facebook page

Feel free to discuss the series and share!