662 Washington (near Bergen) would like to become a bar - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

662 Washington (near Bergen) would like to become a bar

edited August 2015 in Prospect Heights
662 Washington Avenue
Crown Heights
Prospect Heights

The entity has not yet decided on what it will call itself, but it would have outdoor space and seeks a full liquor lic.

Comments

• Good. I love that more businesses are creeping down this end of Washington; also look out for the new commercial space that is opening in the new building on the corner of Dean and Washington. Now all that is needed is for the auto shops on these blocks to be shut down and for some more greenery to be planted. When I walk down Vanderbilt I feel like I'm walking through a park. I'd like for Washington to feel at least a little like that. 
  • It feels like now's the time to sell for auto-shop owners— we may not quite be at the top of the real estate cycle, but it doesn't seem like things will get all that much higher.
  • edited August 2015
    As you may be aware, the auto shop that occupies the lot where Grand and Washington come together is presently for sale.

http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/35318/help-get-citybenches-on-washingtongrand-triangle#Item_21

I can't imagine it will be long before 666 Washington lists itself as well:
    http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/37668/shameless-speculation-when-will-666-washington-ave-go-residential/p1

666 Washington has already adapted to the neighborhood by switching from a place that fixes transmissions of old cars, to one that rents Uhaul trucks.

More market rate apartments are coming soon.

• While this prior application did not come to fruition, a new applicant is now in the works. It seems that just about every location that if a location is far enough from a house of worship and therefore eligible, and the landlord is ok with a bar ...it becomes a bar. Older photo of the site to show just how dramatic the change has been in the last few years. Oh, what money is capable of... Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 10.01.54 PM