Reservior Dogs on Franklin Avenue in Crown Heights closed... for renovations? - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reservior Dogs on Franklin Avenue in Crown Heights closed... for renovations?

dogs

Source:

https://twitter.com/mcguilloteen/status/681922081915809792

https://www.facebook.com/Reservoir-Dogs-NYC-717155371719606/

717 Franklin Avenue. ...which used to be a tattoo parlor, then a salad bar, then a popup clothing store

101_0050

Comments

• I love this name!
  • The name certainly is fun, but I wonder if they will get a cease and desist letter for trademark infringement.
  • I have learned that some of the hot dogs will be vegetarian 
  • It will open next week:

12524074_742922545809555_46670450215550084_n
  • Good luck to them. Seems like at least something fresh and new but not too out of the mainstream.  Guessing there's no seating inside. Maybe she can work with some local bars that don't have food, and do delivery deals to their patrons, or home delivery packages (6 dogs for $X, 10 for $Y....)
  • I think everyone is glad it isn't another Mexican restaurant.
  • MY kid is going to love this place. Hot dogs and sausages are one of the only forms of protein he will deign to eat. I envision us being at Reservoir Dogs a lot.
  • whynot_31 said:
    It will open next week:

12524074_742922545809555_46670450215550084_n
    As the local resident vegan I have to say that I'm thrilled that they'll have a soy-free vegan option.  This place will definitely be a staple of my eating-out diet moving forward (or at least eating in, hopefully they'll be on Seamless).
  • whynot_31 said:
    The name certainly is fun, but I wonder if they will get a cease and desist letter for trademark infringement.
    I have to believe it's already in progress. It's pretty easy to automate flags when new pages come up with pre-selected terms.
  • My very smart wife reminded me that trademark infringement relates more to market confusion, so unless this place starts producing films (or if Harvey Keitel decides to start a brand of hot dogs), they will probably be ok. This is more of a copyright issue, however who knows if whatever studio this is will care to go after them. But patent trolls these days do cease to amaze me.

A better example of trademark infringement would be this place in South Williamsburg: http://www.yelp.com/biz/toys-4-u-brooklyn-2 ;
  • edited January 2016
    It really isn't a copyright issue either. Copyright doesn't protect trade names. If it isn't trademark infringement (it's not!) or trademark dilution (might be), then it isn't actionable.
  • That is encouraging.   
  • My very smart wife reminded me that trademark infringement relates more to market confusion, so unless this place starts producing films (or if Harvey Keitel decides to start a brand of hot dogs), they will probably be ok. This is more of a copyright issue, however who knows if whatever studio this is will care to go after them. But patent trolls these days do cease to amaze me.

A better example of trademark infringement would be this place in South Williamsburg: http://www.yelp.com/biz/toys-4-u-brooklyn-2 ;
    Yes.  My favorite is that after 7-11 opened on Coney Island Avenue and Beverly a bodega changed their name across the street to Eleven Seven Shop.  As if you might accidentally go to their tiny bodega instead of the huge 7-11 across the street with the bright lights and parking lot on mistake.
  • It says on their facebook page that tomorrow is their official opening.
  • My wife and I went down and grabbed hot dogs last week. The woman working the grill said their hours were still variable, as they were trying to figure out the neighborhood. Maybe tomorrow they will start with regular hours. 

The dogs were good, nice toppings, with a flavorful (if thin) sausage. She messed up my wife's order, accidentally creating a pretty good Frankenstein of a hot dog. I expected that, when she realized as soon as she served it that it was wrong, she would make a correct one for free, but she didn't. Woulda been nice, but the Frankenstein she made was good so we didn't complain.
  • According to Yelp, this place is closed.
    The sign on the door and the most recent image on their Instagram (posted six weeks ago) says they're closed for renovations and will open in the new year...
  • @Marco555 sorta confirming your suspicions. Went there before the holidays - owner was there- said they were renovating and haven't seen them open since.
  • It seems they've reopened
  • And still no one ever going in there as far as I can tell.