New Italian restaurant Camillo coming to Lefferts Gardens on Nostrand! - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Italian restaurant Camillo coming to Lefferts Gardens on Nostrand!

We've been hearing about this for a while, but the owners of Locanda Vini e Olii in Clinton Hill (the fancy place with the pharmacy sign outside) are opening a new restaurant with full liquor license on Nostrand Ave and Rutland Road (1146 Nostrand Ave, I believe). This weekend we walked past and saw the inside looking beautiful and upscale--nice bar with many taps, penny tile floor, high end light fixtures, etc. A sign painter was at work painting the glass. I'm no expert, but I would imagine a late september-october opening could be realistic, depending on inspections and everything. Didn't take a picture, but someone else on the FB page did from a week earlier: 20799166_334218747026692_7185430562132457057_n This would mark the southernmost new bar/restaurant on Nostrand Ave with sit down service, full bar, and draft beer. Salem's Hour has sit down service and a full bar but no draft, only cans. Oddly enough, once when meeting a friend at Parkside many months ago, I saw he'd struck up a conversation with two men who'd said they were planning on opening up a restaurant on Nostrand Ave. They asked me (as a resident of the area) whether I thought people from other neighborhoods would travel down the 2/5 train to go to a restaurant. I privately thought "probably not" but answered "if it was a really excellent restaurant!" I foolishly never asked them for more details on their plans, but now I'm fairly certain it was these guys. I think by now they have a very solid costumer base in the northern PLG area for sure.