All I want for christmas... — Brooklynian

All I want for christmas...

Is a gym! One with classes. Anywhere on nostrand, rogers, bedford or franklin, but the closer to my house the better. There are very few workout options in crown heights (other than Yoga). What do you guys want?

Comments

• Gym classes a plenty on Bedford here: https://www.ymcanyc.org/bedstuy
  • Do you go? It's a 25 minute walk from me, but probably still the closest place. All the yelp reviews since about 2015 say that the staff is incredibly rude, the place is mismanaged, and the equipment and location are run down and dirty. Still, there's a pool. Would love to hear how it is, if you frequent it.
  • I'm no gym location expert, but it seems a proper standard gym (not specialized like crossfit, pilates, etc) around the franklin/bedford area could draw people from between Underhill to Nostrand in what seems to be a gym desert. Eastern Athletic is not a suitable gym :(
  • edited December 2017
    down in Flatbush we're drowning in larger chain gyms. i'm at nostrand and church and i can walk to a blink, retro, planet, 24 hour, and a recently opened crunch gym. would be nice to have more yoga near us though
  • I joined Crow Hill crossfit on Dean off Franklin and got into the best shape of my life while having a great time. Give it a try. Free trial classes are offered on Sundays. I don’t think I will ever go back to a normal gym.
  • There is a Blink on Fulton at Brooklyn Avenue and a Planet Fitness on Fulton between Bedford and Nostrand.
  • I always thought they could put a gym on the corner of sterling and nostrand on the top floor of that landmarked building.
  • What do you guys want?
    A wealthy wife who comes to me with a large dowry. Heck, if Santa gives me one, I just may move back to Brooklyn. :)
  • there was supposed to be a 9 Round Fitness, which is a kickboxing place for all ages/levels but I feel like it's a scam. They've been accepting enrollment fees on their site for months now but I've yet to see the place open.
This discussion has been closed.