thousands of books, but not the one you want!!! — Brooklynian

thousands of books, but not the one you want!!!

i don't know why i bother anymore... anytime that i want a specific book, i can pretty much guarantee that barnes and noble doesn't have it. i have 31 books on my wishlist at amazon, but being a big fan of instant gratification, i thought that i'd pop over to B&N on my break... out of the 31 books that i want, they had 2 in stock. 2. and, although they ARE on my wish list, i'm just not in the mood for either of them right now, know what i mean? :?

does anyone else have this problem with 'em?!

maybe B&N just isn't up to speed on SciFi/Fantasy...

Comments

• B&N is really hit or miss depending on the branch. Some branches have pretty decent SciFi/Fantasy stuff (86th between 2nd and 3rd for instance).

The SciFi/Fantasy section at the GAP Library is actually quite good. You should check it out. 8)
  • Subject: Re: thousands of books, but not the one you want!!!

nybt wrote: being a big fan of instant gratification
    Being a fan of instant gratification myself, as well as the occasional spendthrift, I make full use of the "One Click" option on Amazon, as well as priority overnight delivery.

Who needs food and the other basic necessities of life when you have "One Click" ??? :D
  • Subject: Re: thousands of books, but not the one you want!!!

FLUTE wrote: Who needs food and the other basic necessities of life when you have "One Click" ??? :D
    i think that i'd do too much damage if i were to enable "One Click"!!! :twisted:
This discussion has been closed.