Just spreading the word... http://blogday.org
What is BlogDay 2005?
BlogDay was initiated with the belief that bloggers should have one day which will be dedicated to know other bloggers, from other countries or areas of interests. In that day Bloggers will recommend about them to their Blog visitors.
Seeing the end in mind, in this is day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. In this day all Blog web surfers will find themselves leaping and discovering new, unknown blogs.
What will happen on BlogDay?
In one long moment In August 31st, bloggers from all over the world will post a recommendation of 5 new Blogs, Preferably, Blogs different from their own culture, point of view and attitude. On this day, blog surfers will find themselves leaping and discovering new, unknown Blogs, celebrating the discovery of new people and new bloggers.
Why do we need a BlogDay?
1. Information Overflow! The more Blogs there are, the less time Bloggers spend on reading new weblogs. Because of the overload of information, miss a lot of good Blogs and Bloggers.
2. Its Fun!
BlogDay posting instructions:
1. Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
2. Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending on them on BlogDay 2005
3. Write a short description of the Blogs and place a a link to the recommended Blogs
4. Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and
5. Add the BlogDay tag using this link: http://technorati.com/tag/BlogDay2005 and a link to BlogDay web site at http://www.blogday.org
Anyone who wants to do this and doesn't quite get the whole Technorati Tag thing can either PM me and i'll walk you through how to do it or for those more self sufficient, there's plenty of information at http://technorati.com
One other note, the guy who's running this is Israeli and English is his second language, so forgive the questionable grammar, he's a good guy and he means well.