Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued) - Page 16 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued)

Comments

• Judy so sorry to hear about mom. My prayers are with all of you.

• Funeral arrangements ...Bedell pizza funeral home.....7447 am boy road. Staten island

• Judy, my deepest sympathies on the passing of your Mom. While I did not know her, the raves from people on this blog indicate to me that she was a special women. :|

• Good Night Sweet Dreams

• When is the wake????

I know where but when and what time???

Same funeral home as my aunt Marie Perrotta

• where the hell are my post????

Good night sweet dreams

• Where are all my post from an hour ago.? This is crazy.

GOOD NIGHT SWEET DREAMS AGAIN FOR THE 3RD TIME

• OH BOY!!!! AGAIN NO POST, MAYBE THEY WILL SHOW UP TOMORROW

• Good Morning All

Have a Great Day...

Love ya All

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

MORE SDA NEWS.. MY DAUGHTER TONIANN'S GOOD FRIEND JOE BARONE,LESS THAN 2 YRS AGO LOST HIS MOM.. HE WAS BARELY

15 YRS OLD.. TODAY, SHE GETS A MESSAGE EARLY IN THE MORNING,

SAYING HIS DAD DIED..WE DON'T KNOW HOW YET, BUT HE WAS IN

A BAD DEPRESSION SINCE JOE'S MOM DIED. THESE PARENTS ARE

ONLY OIN THEIR 40'S & HE IS JUST NOW 17 & HAS NO PARENTS.

PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY.. HE HAS 1 SIBLING, HIS SISTER

WHO IS ONLY 19 & IN COLLEGE. [-oB

ALSO, HELEN & I SEND EACH OTHER GOOD MORNING TEXTS EVERYDAY, & THIS MORNING SHE SAID TO PRAY FOR HER DAD,

WHO IS IN 3RD STAGE LUNG CANCER.. SHE IS FLYING OUT ON

MONDAY TO GO SEE HIM.. I AM NOT SURE WHERE HE LIVES, BUT SHE IS GOING. [-oB

JUDY YOU & YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS.

R.I.P. LORRAINE. [-oB

WITH A VERY SAD HEART TODAY, I WISH YOU ALL A NICE DAY!!!

• Good Morning..so sorry Judy to hear about your Mom..my prayers are with u & your family..also to Toniann's friend's family..so sad..won't be on until Tuesday. Scott is going to Steve's bachelor party Sat.nite (Tina is in Chicago for her friend's wedding (MOH)on Sunday..Scott going to meet Tina on Sunday & staying over so I'll be with Justin the whole weekend (and Cody too)..in the 30's here today with rain and cold for tomorrow...so enjoy your weekend...talk to u next week....bye

• OMG Patsy

Sooooo sad. This poor kid. He will need his friends to stick by him as much as possible.....

Judy's Mom is only going to be at the funeral parlor tonight. Just found out....Going to try and make it....My son is coming of all nights tonight...

On a happy note.....Carol and Pete's (Lovaglio) daughter got married today.

Congratulations on Lori's wedding..

At lest some good news...

• Good Afternoon,

Hope all is well.

Went to the wake and saw the Giordano's. Saw Anthony Morro, who is always a pleasure to see. what a great guy. Saw my cousins, The Perrotta's and Uncle Chubby. Gerry Trimboli, Steve Bomba. A lot of people from 27th street. Unfortunately that is where we all meet up...At a wake. that is why the reunion is so important to me. We must get together for good times not only when someon passes. Rest in Peace Lorraine you will be missed. Another piece of our wonderful past and family gone. xoxoxoxo

• Congratulations Carol and Pete Lovaglio on your daughter Lori's wedding. what a beautiful day you had for a wedding ysterday....

• GOOD AFTERNOON, FRIENDS :)

WEATHER IS NICE.. IN YARD CLEANING UP..

ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO..

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.. :flower:

• Good night sweet dreams

• Here we go again. Could not get on had to register and get a new password...Geeezzzzzzzzzzz

here is my post that never got posted....

Good Morning All,

Have a great Sunday

Please pray for my cousin's son. He is 47 and just found out he has lung cancer and it is not good. Prayers needed. Thank you.

On a good note..Two more weeks and we celebrate Aria's first birthday at the Rex. she was one already but they were booked so we had to wait...Love Happy times...Thanks Umbria for always calling me like Patsy does. Love u both.

Warren, Where are you??????

• ok now I am here all alone....

• Umbria, You were on why not write something. lol

• Hi Everyone,

I just want to thank everyone for your amazing words of comfort and to Terry and Lori for always being there for us.

I still can't believe she is gone, but I have to tell you something. My mom up to the last two and a half weeks, while not being able to do anything for herself, still always looked amazing, she has such beautiful skin and hardly no wrinkles.. You cannot believe what she looked like in the last two weeks, she was down to about 70 pounds. When we first had to walk in, my sisters and I just stood outside because we were so afraid to see what she was going to look like. When we walked in Oh my God she looked BEAUTIFUL I can't believe how they made her look, they actually made her look like the last three years never happened and she was her old self, even with a smile on her face. I cannot tell how much easier that was for my sisters and I. It looked like she was just sleeping peacefully. Just had to share that.

Thank you all again for all your support....

• Hello all,

Quite warm here now. Spring is over. It is now summer in Florida. Beach weather for many. To me the best part of summer is wearing less clothes and watching baseball.

Today I am going to make a steak for us on the barbeque. Carol does okay with meat and potato. We still have not nailed down what really screws up her system. She is hoping it is not Tomato or Tomato products. They are one of her mainstays. Earlier in the week I made her Pasta and a meat sauce spiced with tomato sauce. Later in the week she had pasta with clams, no sauce except the juice in the can. The Tomato meat sauce bothered her a little (we think) but the Clams did not.

One of my Grandson's (he attends Stevens Institute in Hoboken) has gotten approved for a job with NASDAQ in Carteret. He will get college credits for his work and it will count towards graduation. The job will continue into the fall semester. He will also be paid a good wage.

I am tired, achy and grumpy today but I will snap out of it (hopefully).

• Judy, She did look so beautiful and at peace. She looked so young. It is a good feeling to see her like that and have a good memory.

It just makes me sad that how much our lives have changed.

I guess this is what life is all about...CHANGE (which I hate)

The youth is truly wasted on the young. We just don't appreciate things when we are young. We think when we are young, we will be young forever. We don't realize how fast the years go when we are younger and busy having a good time.

I always say to Jamsey Oliva..I thought life was hard when I couldn't remember my dam religion answers for school and my friggin homework or summer school with Jamsey cutting out.lol Life should be that hard all the time, not like what we go through when we get older.

Hang in there Judy. Your blog family loves you.

Now you have to concentrate on the new grandchild coming. That will be the biggest joy ever. You love your kids .........BUT grandchildren OMG

• Hey Warren my friends son goes to the same school. Corey Favaloro. Great school. good luck to your Grandson...

I feel achy and grumpy all the time lol

• HI EVERYBODY

TERRY YOUR RIGHT I COULD WRITE SOMETHING BUT HEY I NEED PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH NOT JUST AIR SPACE

JUDY I AM SORRY I COULD NOT BE THERE BUT NO RIDE HONEY

EVERYBODY ELSE

GOOD DAY TO YOU

• Just say Hi..lol

• HEY JUDY

I LEFT YOU A MESS. ON HERE HONEY

CALL ME

• good night sweet dreams

JUDY..I SAID PRAYERS FOR YOUR FAMILY..SHE IS NOW AT PEACE

& I'M SURE SHE LOOKED JUST BEAUTIFUL!! NOW YOU CAN

MOVE FORWARD & YOU HAVE A GRANDCHILD ON THE WAY!!

WHAT A WONDRFUL GIFT!! TALK TO YOU, SOON.

HI WARREN..I BET THOSE STEAKS WERE DELISH!!

CONGRATS TO YOUR GRANDSON..

HI CUZ. KISS ARIA FOR ME & OF COURSE, MIA.XX

HI UMBRIA.. HOPE YPOU'RE FEELING GOOD..

WEATHER IS NICE TODAY.. ENJOY!!! :flower:

• Okay folks, I still have not gotten a recent picture of both of us so I switched mine out and put Carol in for awhile. Going to take Carol for a haircut in a few minutes and then to Walgreens to pick up a prescription. Doesn't

that sound like an exciting day??? We may have to go to the place we ordered our counter top & sinks. There always has to be complications!!!They claim they can not use our current kitchen faucet. I told them to contact Delta to see if there is a conversion kit. I hope, because theses prices are going beyond what we expected. :-00

• Hi All,

Hope all is well....

• Good night sweet dreams

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

C U ALL, LATER.. :flower:

• Good Morning All,

Horrible rainy day...

Since I came home from Florida we have not had any warm weather...

Warren

nice photo of Carol

Now get your photo back up I like the one you had up.

Love from crabby Terry

• Morning Cuz,

Love ya much

• The blog just told me I move too fast SLOW DOWN. What the hell???

I think this is funny....

I posted this on facebook because Mike cracks me up.

I don't know what I did or what I said to him as usual ....but....and I quote......."You can really turn someone into an Ax Murderer" lol MEEEEEEEEEEEE Little old me. lol

• Boy, am I glad I left my axe in NJ when we moved to Florida!

Terry, we only had one rainy day since you left. A couple of evening showers but otherwise warm & sunny. In fact the afternoons are a litle too warm for walking now. Most days I get my (Doctors orders) walk in the A.M.

I will put my picture back up but evetually I want to post a picture of the two of us together.

Hey Anthony. Next time you want to post something, why don't you post one of your famous recipies. :D-Y

• Hi Everybody,

I am back at work today, thank God I am so busy, it doesn't give me much time to think. I just feel numb, I don't really feel like it happened. I wasn't too bad when I came in this morning, but as soon as I started to see all the stuff I left behind last week, I noticed my moms Mother's Day card sitting on my desk, along with a card for my daughter (Mommy to be card). I had a note to mail them this week, because I was supposed to be going on a cruise this Saturday ( we since canceled the cruise)... That hit me hard....

I just want to thank everyone again for all the calls, cards and coming to the wake. It really meant a lot to me.

Regards,

Judy

• Hi-quick typeby-Judy-I guess you know by now-you never get over this..my Mom will be gone 14 years this Friday-still can hear her voice...as long as we know they are in a better place this will give us some comfort... rainy outside-75 degrees-tomorrow-sunny-80 to 85..I hope this means Summer is coming...lol..well, have to go back to work... talk to u soon....

• Judy in box me Jolene's address on facebook or my email olly416@aol.com. Tell Jolene to text her phone number to Lori she lost all her contacts n her phone..Oh and her last name.

• Good Morning All,

Cloudy day

Have a great day...

HI JUDY...ONE DAY AT A TIME..

KEEPING BUSY IS BEST!!

LOVE YOU BACK, CUZ...

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A NICE DAY!!! :flower:

• Hi,

I just want to wish my husband Bobby a Happy 31st Anniversary. I have to say he has really been there for me the last couple of years. Every weekend running back and fourth to Staten Island. I missed many Sunday's making my Sunday dinner and he never complained....Geez he even started to make his own meatballs (which by the way really sucked!!!!!). Well this past Sunday, even though it was the day after we buried my mom, I had to make meatballs, meatballs frying always reminds me of my mom (as I am sure everyone feels the same about their own mom)

So Happy Anniversary and thank you......

glitter-graphics.com

'HAPPY ANNIVERSARY' JUDY & BOBBY.

GO OUT & DO SOMETHING SPECIAL.. YOU GUYS DESERVE IT!!

XX :king: :queen:

• Happy Anniversary Judy and bobby,

• Hi-just want to say "Happy Anniversary" to Judy & Bobby..have a great night......

• Happy Anniversary Judy and Bobby!!!! Judy you cracked me up saying his meatballs sucked and it's weird how things like the smell of certain foods can provoke such good memories!!!!

Hope everyone stayed dry today.....

Have a good night all

• good night sweet dreams

• Hi Anna and Debbie

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

:flower:

• Hello All,

Well, they tore out our old counter tops & sinks yesterday and today the "Stonetop" guys are here installing our Quartz counter tops and new sinks. Later today the plumber will come and hook everything back up. What a mess. We have cabinet drawers and their contents all over the guest room including the bed as well as a good portion of the great room table & floor. We are very pleased with the countertop pattern & color that we picked from a small slab.

Judy, your meatball story reminds me of two things. First of all MY meatballs are not so great. They are not lousy but neither are they the best. Also, years ago a restaurant in NJ opened near us and they bragged about their Italian food. We went there and their meatballs reminded me of the Dog food we gave our Dog Ralph. Not everyone makes great meatballs! #-o

• Good Morning All,

Have a great day!!

Weather not nice..boo hoo

• My Mom made the best meatballs. She would hide them after she fried them because we would come home from church and eat them. Gravy bread and meatballs was my Sunday breakfast. lol

White wonder bread soaked with Mom's gravy. Oh and Parmesan cheese.

Sunday mornings the smell of fried meatballs and gravy on 20th and 21st street. Now most neighborhoods smell like fried rice in Brooklyn. lol

The only Chinese people I knew were the Chinese restaurant owners and workers and the Chinese Laundry guy sown the block from me next to Toddo's.Remember picking up my Dad's shirts in the brown wrap paper with the string (cord) wrapped so neatly around the shirts. My Mom would say go to the Chinks (lol) and get your Dad's shirts...If you say that now (Chinks) you are in big trouble..You will be called a racist. lol Little story fo the day. Have to try and keep this blog going and keep up with Warren and his stories. (only his are much better)

• OK where is my post. Here we go again....CRAP

• Hi all.....

Hope everyone is having a good week despite the weather.

Warren enjoy your new countertops :wink:

• Ok here we go, first I couldn't get on now I lost my post....or it'll turn up later lol

Either way have a good night all :lol:

• Anyone else's posts not showing?? If this gets on, I posted twice last night :-(

T.G.I.F...

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A NICE DAY!!! :flower:

• Hi Everyone-quick typeby-HAPPY ANNIVERSARY IN HEAVEN-MOM! 14 years ago today...miss u...decided to take next week off-preparing for the wedding & family from Brooklyn coming...so I may not be on until the 14th...so-Happy Mother's Day to everyone on this blog...and talk to u soon...bye.......

• Hi everyone,

Judy I left a basket for you at Laura's neighbor's house. Did not want to take it back and go back there Toooo far. lol

Happy Mothers day Anna and enjoy the wedding and all the Brooklyn family/

• Good Night Sweet Dreams or should I say Good Morning...

• Where is the sun???

Good Morning All.

Have a great day..

Love ya all...

• Good Morning, The sun is right outside my window Terry! :sunny:

Counter tops finished, now I have to do some touch up painting because the new Quartz counter tops splashback is a tad shorter then the Formica was. I suppose I can survive that. 8-[

• Start cooking Warren and use those counter-tops. lol

• Good morning all....

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend even though the weather isn't that great.

Heading to pathmark, hope it's not crazy there lol

• Thank you so much for the basket....Laura told me whats in it...yummy.....thank you so much.

Anna - Good luck with the wedding, please post pics!!!!

• Good Morning All

Off to Novena and the gym

Don't feel like doing anything....

Have a great day

WEATHER IS NOT TOO BAD TODAY..

JUDY..ENJOY THE BASKET..

HI CUZ..KISSES TO ALL ON THAT END. XX

WARREN.. ENJOY THE NEW LOOK OF YOUR KITCHEN..

LOVE TO CAR0L..

ANNA.ENJOY ALL THE GOOD THINGS COMING UP!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY IF YOU'RE NOT BACK ON UNTIL AFTER

THE WEDDING... GOOD LUCK & CONGRATS!!

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! :flower:

• HEY PEEPS

WELL TODAY I AM GOING TO COOK LOL

MAKING PUTTANESCA WITH CHICKEN

ITS NICE OUTSIDE SO MAYBE I WILL STEP OUT A BIT FIRST

YESTERDAY I WENT DOWN TO THE 59 STREET PEIR IT WAS GREAT TO GET DOWN THERE AND HANG OUT

OK YOU GUYS

DONT WORK TO HARD

ENJOY THE DAY

• Went to the gym and church now home. At least it is not cold out.....

love to all....

ENJOY YOUR DAY.. I ALREADY HAVE A BUSY ONE

AHEAD OF ME..

HI UMBRIA.. JOEBROOXX CALLED ME THE OTHER DAY..

THANX. HE EXPLAINED WHAT WAS GOING ON..HE SOUNDS

MUCH BETTER.. LOVE TO ANNELLEN & ALL.

WENT TO SPONSOR PRACTICE LAST NIGHT AT CHURCH.

I AM A SPONSOR FOR CONFIRMATION THIS THURSDAY.. I THINK

I TOLD YOU GUYS.. SHE IS THE DAUGHTER OF A WOMAN I CONFIRMED BACK IN 1983..I AMS STILL VERY CLOSE TO THIS FAMILY. (SHE IS PART OF THE BLYNN FAMILY FROM 16TH STREET)

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Hi all.....

The sun seems to be coming out right now but I know we are going to get rain the next couple of days. I better get moving, I need to get to 86th street.

Have a great day everyone....

• Hi Patsy.....Is the confirmation here at OLA? Good luck. Last weekend my niece made communion. May's a busy month. Samantha will be 16 next week, I can't believe it!!!

• Hi Debbie and Patsy,

Patsy, Millie should be calling u to set up a shopping day. I told her the 2nd is not good for any of us.(for the bbq) She might change the bbq day..

Watching fashion Star now..

• Good night sweet dreams...xoxoxo

HEY DEB!! YES CONFIRMATION AT OLA..

HOW CONVENIENT..THEY NOW LIVE 4 DOORS DOWN FROM ME.

HI CUZ... MILLIE E-MAILED ME.. I HAVE TO CHECK..

I HAVE A FEW PARTIES COMING UP & A COMMUNION & A GRADUATION. I WILL CHECK MY DATES BY THE WEEKEND &

LET HER KNOW..I LOOK FORWARD TO SHOPPING WITH THE

GIRLS :D-Y

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :flower:

• Good morning all.....

Nice and rainy today lol Stay dry everyone.

Patsy that's so nice to be a sponsor, you must feel honored!!!

Terry how's the book club?? lol Still trying to get the book from the library.

Judy hope you're doing good :wink:

• Good Morning,

New counter tops & sinks working out very well. Carol had problems getting several of her pans in the old sink. We paid extra but now have a 70/30 configuration which gives us a huge sink on the left and a small one on the right where the food disposal is located. Now she can fit all her pots, pans and griddles in there. Much easier cleaning them. The rest of course go in the dishwasher.We had the same countertop as the kitchen put in the sink in the guest bathroom. Looks great!!!

I hope you all enjoy your confirmations & 1st Communions. Of course getting the kids to attend Church after Confirmation is usually quite a task. I once said to my Minister in NJ "Tom, where did I go wrong. My kids went to Sunday School right up to and including confirmation. Carol and I are very active in the Church including teaching Sunday School, being a Choir member, Trustee, elder etc:.Now our kids do not go at all". He said "Don't ask me Warren, my two boys do not attend regularly either". And as Walter Cronkite said " And that's the way it is this May 9th 2012". #-o

• Good Morning All,

Warren,

Same here. CCD, church every Sunday and holy days, very active as young boys and men in the church NOW nothing, nothing not even a Holy day. Kills me. but....like Walter said "And that's the way it is this May 9th, 2012.

Horrible rainy day here in Staten Island.

Deb,

Up to chapter 21 still have a ways to go. I am reading slow. Don't have the 2nd book and hard to get..

• HEY YA ALL

DID NOT SLEEP WELL LAST NIGHT

I THINK I NEED A YUPPIE TO BEAT ON

Got your check today Patsy...Thanks

YOU'RE WELCOME, CUZ..

TALK TO YOU, SOON...

WARREN..SO HAPPY YOUR KITCHEN COUNTERTOPS, ETC, ALL WORKED

OUT SO WELL.. I'M SURE THEY LOOK BEAUTIFUL. ENJOY!!

WEATHER IS GOING TO BE NICE TODAY!!!

I HAVE THE CONFIRMATION LATER TODAY .. WISH ME LUCK & YOU ALL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! :flower:

• Patsy

Thinking of you and what an honor to b asked to confirm someone.

Have a wonderful day as the Gift of the Holy Spirit is over you today.

THANX,CUZ..

WILL TALK TO YOU, SOON.XX

BEAUTIFUL WEATHER TODAY.. ENJOY!!!

THE CONFRIMATION WAS BEAUTIFUL.. I WAS BLESSED BY THE

BISHOP..& WE HAD A GREAT DAY!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.. :flower:

• Good Morning,

Patsy - Congrats for being a sponser...glad you had a good time.

Anna - Good Luck with the wedding (I think its this weekend, right?)

Beautiful out today, have a great day....

• Good Morning All,

Beautiful day

• Tomorrow is Aria's first birthday party at the Rex.

Love celebrating happy fun things.

The kid will be home with his girl this weekend. /too bad I turned his bedroom into a tv room. lol

• Hey Terry, That's why they have Motels!!!!!

Very common down here to put up visitors in a Motel especially if there is no extra bedroom. We have been lucky. We have a guest room with a queen sized bed and a guest bath. In the great room there is a pull out couch with a very comfortable mattress. That works well for family & close friends. One time when my oldest son was coming with his wife and three sons, I suggested that two of the boys sleep on the guest room bed and one on an air mattress. (the kids love the air mattresses). My son said no way Dad, Patty and I are sleeping in the guest room and the boys will sleep in the great room on the pull out and an air mattress. That way when they get up at night they can knock on your bedroom door for attention.! It worked out fine and no one knocked on our door. When we went to bed the youngest boy was on the air mattress, when we got up in the AM the youngest was on the bed with the middle boy and the oldest was on the air mattress. They took turns and they considered the air mattress the best deal.

Hey Anthony, did you find a yuppie to knock around yet???

Patsy, congrats on your confirmation sponorship. I hope that the Bishop did not get you too wet when he blessed you! 8-[

• Good Morning All

Beautiful Day for a First Birthday for My Aria Paige.

Hope all is well

Have a great day

• Hi Warren

Always love when you post.

Always great reading and stories...

• :love: Happy Mothers Day

I know that I have not been on much lately but I think about you guys often

• GOOD NIGHT SWEET DREAMS

• Hi Fred,

Miss you much

• Good Morning, Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful Mothers out there. To those of you who still have your Mother, cherish the time you spend with her. To those of you whose Mothers have gone to heaven to be with our Lord, cherish the memories of them. To those (Like Judy)who have recently lost their Mothers I know this day will be tough. If it will help, sit down and write on a piece of paper at least 5 fond memories of times with your Mom. Read it over again out loud. It will make you cry but it will also make you smile. God Bless. :salut: :flower:

• Good Morning All...

Happy Mothers Day to ladies!!!

Warren that was beautiful...even though my mom's gone 7 years I'm going to do that too.

Judyhang in there and I hope this day goes fast for you <3

Terry how was Aria's birthday party? I love happy times :-)

Patsy glad the confirmation went well.

Hi Fred...thank you :-)

Anna let us know how everything went.

• Happy Mother's Day to all!!!!!

Thanks Warren for the great advice!!!

To my Mom in heaven.... Happy Mother's Day....I miss you so much!!!

Attached files image
  • WELL HERE I (BIG DEAL RIGHT) LOL

HAPPY MOTHERS TO ALL YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE HAVE A GREAT

AND I HOPE YOUR KIDS DONT FORGET

ITS YOUR DAY MOMS

This discussion has been closed.