Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 12 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

Comments

• Hi everyone.been off from work since Wednesday..watched Justin that night & went to the 4th of July parade on Thursday AM..then went to lunch with a friend that afternoon..relaxed yesterday..today Justin is coming over to go in my pool..been hot & humid this week but I'm gonna enjoy this..then back to work on Monday..hope everyone had a great Fourth of July...talk to u soon......bye

• HI GUYS.

I WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND MY PRAYERS TO FRIENDS THAT HAVE DIED IN THE LAST 2 DAYS.

PHILIP ROMANO (MILDRED'S BROTHER)

CHUCKY DEVITO (AN OLD FRIEND OF MY FAMILY'S) &

SALLY CROSBY ANOTHER OLD FRIEND OF MINE WHO DIED A WEEK OR SO AGO.

R.I.P. [-oB

• HI GUYS.

I WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND MY PRAYERS TO FRIENDS THAT HAVE DIED IN THE LAST 2 DAYS.

PHILIP ROMANO (MILDRED'S BROTHER)

CHUCKY DEVITO (AN OLD FRIEND OF MY FAMILY'S) &

SALLY CROSBY ANOTHER OLD FRIEND OF MINE WHO DIED A WEEK OR SO AGO.

R.I.P. [-oB

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

HOT & HUMID THE LAST FEW DAYS. ](*,)

HOPE EVRYONE IS OK & ENJOYING THEIR SUMMER.

C U ALL, SOON.. :flower:

• Posted for BrooklynGal1951:

Hi everyone. I was born and raised in Brownsville until the age of 13. Lived at 192 Bristol then 196 Bristol until I was 8 or so, then moved to 274 Amboy Street until I was 13. I have a brother called Pito and a baby sister named Carmen (not baby's anymore :). My dad was head of maintenace at the high school (263) for many years. Although I am not of the Jewish faith, I did become familar with all the traditions that I still enjoy to this day with my close friends. We were the first latino family to live on Bristol Street. My father's name was Andres and everyone knew him. I remember the soda shop in the middle of the block before reaching PS 175. I had my first egg cream there - I remember this well. That's where I met my friend Jay Silverman. He also attended PS 175. I clearly remember the push cart man - he sold bleach, eggs, etc. There was a chocolate flavored powder that he used to sell that came in a heavy glass jar - does anyone out there remember this? If so, do you recall the name. I'm so happy this site is available and to be able to share all of our Brooklyn memories.

HELLO BOOKLAW & WELCOME TO OUR BLOG.

DO YOU STILL LIVE IN BROOKLYN??

I DO NOT REMEMBER THE CHOCOLATE POWDER?? I REMEMBER U-BET,

& SELTZER IN MY EGG CREAMS. I WENT TO ST. JOHN'S ON 21ST STREET THAN TO BAY RIDGE H.S. I NOW LIVE IN BAY RIDGE FOR ALMOST 26 YRS.

HOPE YOU & EVERYONE ELSE HAS A GREAT DAY!!!

:flower:

• Good morning all. I guess we all had our favorite candy store/ice cream parlor and a favorite item that they offered. The little candy store (that is what we called them) on the corner of 12th St & 6th Ave sold bulk Breyer's ice cream. The owner used to pack the cones or containers as tight as you could get them so you got the maximum amount of Ice cream possible. It seems to me that since the "health" craze took effect, Ice Cream and a lot of other things do not taste as good. Remember the "Walkaway Sundae"? Your favorite Ice Cream flavor in a throw away cup covered with chocolate syrup and topped with REAL Whipped Cream and a Cherry. You got a little wooden (before plastic) spoon and ate it on the way home. By the way. Yes the chocolate powder could have been ovaltine but I think it was Chocolate flavored MALT O:)!

• I guess I am talking to myself. Is this the end????

• GOOD AFTERNOON, FRIENDS :)

HI WARREN..GLAD TO C U ON HERE. HOPE YOU & CAROL ARE WELL & ENJOYING YOUR NEW HOME.

OUR 'CREW' BOUGHT EGG CREAMS, ETC. AT ROCCO'S CANDY STORE.

IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO GO WITH OUR FRIENDS.

(21st ST & 5TH AVE.)

also went there for lunch sometimes.. great food, too!!

take care & c u on here, soon..

HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

:)

• Hi Everyone,

Been on vacation all week, go back to work tomorrow :pale:

How is everyone doing? Well my grandson turned ONE!!!! What a year it has been....

Attached files image

JUDY..LOVE THE PICTURE. 1 YR. ALREADY??

GIVE SALVATORE A KISS FOR ME.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

• Thank you Patsy.....went with my daughter and future son in law today for my grandsons first haircut.....He looks like a real little boy....my baby is getting so big

how is your daughter feeling?.

Hi Warren and everybody else..KEEP COOL IN THIS HOT...HUMID WEATHER

• Hi all.....

Sorry I havent been on it's been a hell of a summer weather wise.....This heat and humidity is really tough on my Asthma....had a bad attack two weeks ago and took almost 7 full days to finally feel myself. I've been trying to stay in the ac and not wander out too much.

Judy I can't believe you're grandson is one already....Happy Birthday to him!!!

Patsy...looking forward to seeing you saturday.

Warren...hope you and Carol are adjusting to the new place.

Anna....glad your eye surgery went well.

Prodigalson....had more than my share of problems with my Toshiba laptop....i was stupid enough to buy a second one thinking that after two years the first one may have just been a lemon but low and behold I've had problems with this one also....never again!!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEBBIE.

ENJOY & I WILL CALL YOU, LATER. XX

HEY, JUDY..

NATALIE IS FEELING FOOD, (FINALLY, MORNING SICKNESS IS GONE) HOPE IT STAYS AWAY. KEVIN JUST FINISHED PAINTING &

FIXING UP THE BABY'S ROOM. (HIS NAME WILL BE GAVIN JAMES).SHE ORDERED BEAUTIFUL MAHOGNEY FURNITURE, ETC.

SHE IS GOING TO PUT SOME DECALS ON THE WALL WHERE THE CRIB WILL BE. IT IS SO EXCITING!!!

DID SALVATORE SIT THRU HIS HAIRCUT OKAY??

HOW CUTE..ALL THE FIRSTS THEY DO, IS SO NICE!!

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY & STAY COOL!!! :flower:

• Thanks for the inquires about how we are doing in our new digs. The answer is just fine. Very easy to get used to being waited on. Breakfast is buffet but going down the line is not too taxing and coffee and tea refills are often done by waitresses at your table. Dinner is just like eating in a fine restaurant. Different menu each night with at least three entree choices plus a weekly menu that you can order from anytime. Maid service weekly works out well. They strip & remake your bed, wash the sheets,pillow cases and towels from the bath & kitchen. They vacuum all the carpeting and wash the kitchen and bathroom floors, sink, tub etc:Another big plus is transportation to anywhere in town. Doctors, banks, grocery stores etc:. Like I said in an earlier postineg. It is very much like being on a permanent cruise... :pr:

HI WARREN.. SOUNDS WONDERFUL!! THIS FREES YOU UP

FOR EXTRA TIME TO LIVE YOUR LIFE.. ENJOY!!

LOVE TO CAROL..

EVERYONE..STAY COOL & ENJOY!!! :flower:

• hi everyone..been putting in 10 1/2 hour days for the next 2 weeks..going to a graduation party tomorrow with Jessica & Steve..Happy Anniversary to Tina & Scott on Sunday 6 years already...Warren-sounds wonderful..still researching Florida..looking at Cape Coral..my brother still can't decide what he wants....Happy Birthday to Salvatore-1 years old already..wow..Happy Birthday in Heaven to my Mom-yesterday....Patsy-you must be thrilled!! and it just gets better!!! Hi Debbie-glad u feel better..heat wave here all week-97 today but it will drops 20 degrees this weekend...well, hope everyone enjoys the weekend..bye

• HI ANNA.

ENJOY THE GRADUATION OARTY & HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY TO

TINA & SCOTT.

TODAY MY MOM IS GONE 49 YRS. WOW!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT MANY YRS WENT BY ALREADY!!!. [-oB

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOM, ANNA IN HEAVEN. [-oB

I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR HER...

WENT TO LUNCH YESTERDAY, WITH MY CUZ TERRY, MILDRED, CAROL & DEBBIE. & THAN SHOPPING AT KOHL'S (BAY PARKWAY) & CENTURY ON 86TH ST. & THAN I WAS INVITED TO DEBBIE'S SURPRISE PARTY AT HER HOUSE WITH HER FAMILY & SOME FRIENDS.

SHE WAS SO SURPRISED. SHE HAD NO IDEA. I WAS IN CHARGE OF GETTING HER HOME BY 5:30 FROM OUR DAY WITH THE GIRLS & IT

WORKED OUT PERFECTLY!! WE HAD ALOT OF LAUGHS.

I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THEIR DAY!!! :flower:

(HOPEFULLY, THE HEATWAVE WE HAD FOR THE PAST WEEK OR SO

IS OVER.)

• Patsy, It is amazing how times fly by. My Mother died in October of 1954 and my Father in April of 1955. That is 59 & 58 years ago. My Mother was 51 and my Father 54. They had just started to enjoy life a little more since we (my brothers & I) were all raised and putting some money in the house. My Father had a few promotions and was making a better salary with bigger things to come in work. Their days of scrimping and sqeezing out expenses from each paycheck were getting behind them. They were finally taking some vacation trips and then bam! My Mother was found to have Pancreative Cancer.She died from it. My Father died 6 months later and the Doctors said it was a brain hemmorage. We think it was a broken heart. But life goes on and we have to concentrate on the present and future, not so much the past. I will never forget them and cherish my memories of them. Keep in touch with family members. It is very important.

• HI WARREN..

HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU & CAROL.

MY MOM WAS ONLY 32 YRS OLD. TOO YOUNG, BUT GOD HAD OTHER

PLANS FOR HER. I KNOW SHE IS AN ANGEL IN HEAVEN, & I TALK TO HER EVERYDAY THRU PRAYERS.

YES, I WILL CHERISH MY MEMORIES OF HER & MISS HER EVERY DAY.

BUT YOU ARE RIGHT, LIFE GOES ON & MY FAMILY MEMBERS ARE

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT, & KEEP POSTING. :)

• Hi everyone..hope everybody is doing good

Finally get some decent weather!

Have a good day

• HI FRIENDS :)

HEY JUDY,

HOPE ALL IS WELL..GIVE SALVATORE A KISS FOR ME.

SAY HI TO BOBBY!!!

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!!

:)

• Hi All!

Hope everyone is having a Wonderful Summer. And thanks for reminding me that while Brooklyn used to be called the Borough of churches, it might also have been called the Borough of Ice Cream Parlors! I sure miss those wonderful places.

Interestingly, last week I met a young lady farmer originally from Laos who was selling produce at the local farmer's market. She told me that last year she traveled around Puerto Rico and stopped in the town of Mayaguez which is my birthplace. The one place that stood out for her was the ice cream parlor in town square (town squares are called "Plazas" in PR). I told her how surprised I was to learn that the parlor is still there having been there for the last time myself way back in 1968!

I don't drink alcohol nor do I smoke. But there's one thing that I will never give up - ice cream floats or malts. Yum, yum!!

• Debbie,

Prodigalson....had more than my share of problems with my Toshiba laptop....i was stupid enough to buy a second one thinking that after two years the first one may have just been a lemon but low and behold I've had problems with this one also....never again!!

The Toshiba seems to be working OK now that it's been fixed --- but getting two windows open & multi-tasking like I do with my old Dell is impossible. Hopefully, it will remain operational thru, at least, its warranty period. But I will NEVER buy another ever again!

NEVER!

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT WEEKEND.

FOR ALL YOU PARK SLOPERS, MY CUZ TERRY & I WENT THIS PAST SATURDAY

TO ST. JOHN'S CHURCH FOR A MASS IN HONOR OF ST. ANNE, & THAN WE WENT TO ST. ANNA'S CLUB FOR LUNCH. WE SAW SOME OLD

FRIENDS THAT WE HAVE NOT SEEN FOR A WHILE. IT WAS A REALLY NICE DAY, I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE SOME OLD FRIENDS & CATCH UP.

I'M SURE TERRY HAS POSTED PIX ON F.B. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED,

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!!! :flower:

HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL..

HOPEFULLY, SOON, SOMEONE WILL POST SOMETHING??

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! :flower:

• hi everyone,hope all is well with everyone.lets see were was I,yes I lived at 359 19street,until it was knocked down to make way,for the prospect expway,moved to 248 20 street,then to 260 19st.then to 344 19st,then to 1388 west 6st.to were I live now,in Glendale queens.people I know the longos,scuza,s,mike botti,billy bachor frank perrotta{we went to grady together]troccias,browns,jerry ronny gasquez,foxes,guys who hang out in 19st park before it became is88,petey pills,eddie ac,blackie,nicky cha,mike Michael,lefty,louie,bobby the bop.other people chalie cane,spillanes,howdy doody,eddie nella,butchie oconner,playing in the trolley barns{were bishop ford now is}yanick,the coubers brothers,spanotes{guy/henry/older brother I forget his name,pauls candy store,charlie browns bar,dixie tavern{toddos bar,lantern liquor store right on corner of 20st 5ave,salvation army between 19 and 20st on 5ave,hymies candy store,halls drug store,grislers hardware store,laundry mat on 20st 5ave,aarons coat store,the candy store on 21st 5ave,mikey/polly/joe black/muscatel,bobby Corbett,tommy Italian,the fest on 21 st,damicos bakery,margies hair saloon,the religious card store{I think her name was Sylvia}going to sunset pool,white eagles{for kiebasi}also warsaw for kiebasi on the corner of 17st and 5th ave.germains,lincolns applances store right across the street from germains,on the germains side of the street.sanfts clothing store,the berkely coat store on 16 st and 5ave,right across the street,was the old 72 pct,which was called then police houses,then the 72 pct moved to 4ave and 29street.and the avon/prospect/sanders/globe were Eleanor longo worked as a matron,and we used to get in for nothing,and she would give us a big bag of popcorn,when you used to see 2 full length movies,2 short subjects,and 20 cartoons.the ice cream parlor that used to be between 15 and 16st,right in the middle of the block,on the germains side of the street.ok everyone for now,take one day at a time,and do the best you can.keep rolling the dice.take care bobbyc

• 8-[Patsy, I posted the other day but somehow it was treated as a seperate subject under Brooklonian. It is titled Park Slope-Brooklyn. It is a sort of poem about growing up in Brooklyn and of course Park Slope. It is listed right under this blog on the Brooklynian Page. I will not be looking on Facebook for pictures or anything else. Sorry but that is out of my realm of activity!

HI WARREN.. I WILL LOOK FOR YOUR POEM WHEN I FINISH POSTING ON HERE!!

I DON'T DO F.B. EITHER!!!

HOPE ALL IS WELL.

HI BOBBY.. I KNEW ALOT OF THOSE PEOPLE YOU MENTIONED.

I LIVED AT 187 20TH ST & THAN 356 20TH ST..WE WERE NEIGHBORS & I PROBABLY KNOW WHO YOU ARE. POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF IF YOU CAN..TAKE CARE & KEEP POSTING..

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :flower:

• hi everyone,hi patsy I,m not that computer savee,my computer teaching,goes one step above smoke signals,but lets see who I know on 20 street,i don,t know how far you go back,but I knew roslie,phillyis and her sister monica,Pauline chapwick she lived on 5th ave above I think the carbet store,she had a brother,i forget his name,also on 20st pinky/mack/Gerald had a red 55 chevy.red his father I think owned a fruit store/stand on 5th ave,joe shovo.above 5ave on 20st tommy/albert/danny obriens,and Frankie and louie they were brothers,wore glasses,and Frankie had a olds 442,and a nicky a forget his last name,butchie Lombardi and terry Lombardi,i used to go in that church in the middle of the block,they had in the basement like a summer class of arts and crats and painting.and also in the middle of the block on the church side there was a big green double door garage,and there was a guy who kept his horses in there,like a stable and sometimes he would take the horse out{mostly in the winter,he had a cowboy hat,and he would ride the horse in the neighborhood,and I remember sometimes,the horse would slp and slide.because 20 st had cobblestone.and I remember one time the Brooklyn piers went on fire,and it turned day into night.ok patsy I had to dig down deep for those memorys.yes I went to ps146 on 19st,then to ps10s on 7ave and prospect ave,anfd then to grady hs,i used to go with frankis perrotta from 19st,we would catch the Hamilton ave buit to coney island ave and transfer to the coney island ave bus all the way to grady,wow I glad I grew up were I did,when I did.ok patsy and every one,take one day at a time,and do the best you can bobbyc

• :) Kindest greetings to all.

Been reading a lot lately about how rents have gone through the roof there in God's Country. As a consequence many people have been priced out of their homes and apartments while gentrified folks replace them. I would hope there's plenty of room in Brooklyn for all good people regardless of their economic background.

Let's hope conditions will improve so that all who want it can find good acommodations there.

• Hi everyone..hope everyone's having a great summer..been busy in work the last 2 weeks..Tina & I took Justin to the Lincoln Park Zoo yesterday in Chicago..it has been in the 70's..beautiful weather..better enjoy it before the winter sets in..still researching Florida..hopefully I'll be able to put in my retirement papers by December or January..hi to Patsy, Debbie, Warren and Judy........good night.....

• Hi all.....

Sorry I've been AWOL for a while..... Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Finally we have some cooler days. Those days of 90+ really got to me. At least now I can open the doors and windows and get some cool fresh air.

Patsy...we did have a great time shopping and of course the party was the icing on the cake!!!! Thank you for being there.

Yaay..SOME OF YOU FOUND YOUR WAY BACK ON HERE!!

I WAS WORRIED YOU GUYS WERE NOT COMING BACK!! :(

HI BOBBY, YES I KNEW A FEW OF THE PEOPLE YOU MENTIONED.

IT WAS A GREAT TIME GROING UP IN PARK SLOPE. WE DID NOT APPRECIATE IT..I'M SURE MOST OF US WISH WE COULD GO BACK

TO THE OLD DAYS..OH WELL, LIFE ISAVOUT MOVING ON..TAKE CARE & STAY WELL.

HI ANNA..GLAD TO SEE YOU POSTED..HOPE ALL IS WELL. I HAVE ALREADY SEMI RETIRED. WILL FULLY DO NEXT YEAR AT AGE 62 & COLLECT MY SSI. I LIKE BEING HOME & DOING WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT..JUST DOING SOME PART TIME STUFF RIGHT NOW & ENJOYING MY LIFE. WE NEED TO DO THIS AT A DECENT AGE, B/C LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!!STAY WELL.

HI RICHARD..YES, RENTS ARE RIDICULOUS ALL OVER..

NOW ALOT OF ADULT CHILDREN ARE MOVING BACK HOME WITH PARENTS, B/C THEY CANNOT AFFORD TO BE ON THEIR OWN.

THIS IS A DISGRACE, THAT WE WORK THIS HARD & CANNOT LIVE

COMFORTABLY. HOPEFULLY, THINGS WILL EASE UP, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHEN THIS MIGHT HAPPEN.. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU.

HI DEBBIE..I WILL CALL YOU, LATER..

EVERONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :flower:

• Hi Everybody...sorry been off for a while.....hope everyone is good

Hello to Patsy, Warren, Debbie, Anna, Prodigalson and Bobby c......and to the rest of the gang!!

HEY JUDY!!!! HOPE ALL IS WELL..

GETTING READY TO LEAVE FOR POCONOS WITH MY CUZ STEPHANIE.

WE ARE GOING FOR ABOUT 6 DAYS..JUST US 2.

NO HUSBANDS, NO KIDS. :D-Y

WE NEED A FEW DAYS JUST TO RELAX, SHOP, SWIM & EAT!!

LOL.

HI TO ALL.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

• Hello All from rainy Florida. Oh well, part of each day has been sunny but we get blasted with thunder storms just about every day. Patsy, have a great time in the Poconos. We used to vacation there a lot starting with our Honeymoon in 1960. In fact I worked in a boys camp on Fairview Lake near Hawley back in 1951. We found a place in Canadensis when our kids were growing up. It was the first place we found where we could afford to bring the kids and get most meals included. Up to that time we took housekeeping cottages where Carol & I would share the cooking. I hope you brought some sweaters or sweat shirts. It can get very cool up there at night.

In a couple of weeks our youngest son is coming down here with his wife & two children. They will stay with us for a couple of days before they embark on stops at Lego-land and Universal on the way to Canaveral for a cruise. We are very anxious to see them. =DB

• Good Morning....

My brother Nick and his wife had a baby boy Wednesday, Angelo Nicholas. There first boy turned two on Friday, August will be a busy and expensive month lol I'm so happy for them :D-Y

Patsy...have a great time away you deserve it. When you get back we'll do breakfast!!

Warren....You must be looking so forward to seeing you son and his family!!!

Judy...I love looking at the pictures of your grandson he's so beautiful!!!

Anna....you must love the days spent with your grandson :wink:

Hi to prodigalson and Bobby C

Hope everyone enjoys there sunday!!

• Hi-beautiful day in Chicago-72 degrees..wish this could last all year...watched Justin overnight..I'm ready for a nap today...just got back from grocery shopping..hate this..work all week, then chores on the weekend...not enough time..Warren-have fun with your family...congrats Debbie on your new nephew..Patsy-have a great relaxing vacation..Judy-hope you're enjoying your grandson like I enjoy mine-aren't they the best? well, have a great week everyone...bye

• Hello All, Going on a short Bus trip to a shopping center today. In 2 1/2 Months here I have filled my gas tank once. We use transportation provided to go to Doctors visits, shopping trips etc:. Anna. If you are looking at Cape Coral be sure to check on the Iguana problems there. Couple of years ago they sort of took over the place! #-o

• Hi Folks!

The weather here in St Paul has been just beautiful!

Hope all remains well there in God's Country. :)

• Hi-so glad the weekend is almost here..getting used to this beautiful weather here..70 to 75 everyday..Warren-Iguanas? I freak out if I see an ant!!! Anyway, Warren you sound like you're having such a relaxing time since u moved...enjoy!!Wow-I think we've been on this page all summer..where is everybody? I hope everyone hasn't jumped ship & gone over to FB..those people could at least come on & say Hi! every once in a while...........well, enjoy the weekend coming up...talk to u soon.........

• Hi Everyone, How is everyone....my daughter was in her girlfriends bridal party this weekend...babysat for my grandson since Thursday night........had a ball with him!!!!!Today we are finally having a graduation party for my son Michael who graduated college......

Patsy hope you and Stephanie are having a great time!!!

Hi to Debbie, Anna, Warren and Prodigalson........

• Good morning.....

Judy...you must've been smiling since Thursday lol congrats on Michael's graduation

Warren....it's nice to be able to get places without driving anymore

Anna...they weather has been so nice here but now its creeping back up to the high 80's and humid, dilike lol

Patsy...Sorry I missed you the other day...I'll call you later on today.

• HI GUYS

VACATION WAS GREAT!!! BACK TO REALITY.

JUDY..CONGRAT ON MICHAEL'S GRADUATION. TONIANN STARTS

COLLEGE NEXT WEEK. CANNOT BELIEVE TIME HAS GONE BY THIS QUICKLY

ALREADY. KIND OF MAKES ME SAD WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT.. BUT, MY GRANDSON WILL BE BORN IN A FEW MONTHS, & I AM A HAPPY CAMPER AS FAR AS THAT!!! :D-Y

HI DEB..CALL ME WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.

HI TO ANNA, WARREN & EVERYONE ELSE WHO PEEKS IN ON HERE!!

BBQ-ing IN A LITTLE WHILE.. THROWING LONDON BROIL, CORN

ON BBQ & MAKING A SALAD.

HOPE EVERTONE HAS A GREAT NIGHT!!! :)

• 2nd Try: Had a good time with our youngest son & his family here for a couple of days. From here they went to Lego-Land for a day and then to Universal for a couple of days. Then on to Cocoa Beach for two days and from there on a 5 day Cruise out of Canaveral. They are packing a lot of adventure into their vacation before they head home to NJ. After they get home the grandkids start school. They both were in a summer camp just before they came down here to Florida. :D-Y

• Here are Carol & I and the 2 Grandchildrenthat were here.

Attached files image
  • Oh well, I tried.....

• HI GUYS..

HELLO WARREN. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR FAMILY HAD A GREAT TIME!!!

HOPE YOU & CAROL ARE WELL!!

MY DAUGHTER TONIANN STARTS COLLEGE THIS WEEK!!!

ALREADY IT COST ME A SMALL FORUNE IN BOOKS, & THIS

IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!! SHE'S A LITTLE NERVOUS(SHE IS JUST A FRESHMAN), BUT SHE'LL GET INTO THE SWING OF THINGS.

SHE IS GOING TO A SOFTBALL MEETING THIS WEEK, (SOFTBALL

BEING A PASSION OF HERS). SHE WAS INVITED BY THE COACH B/C HE RECOGNIZED HER NAME FROM A SOFTBALL CAMP SHE WENT TO 2 YRS. AGO. HOPE SHE MAKES THE TEAM.. SHE IS EXCITED ABOUT THIS!! :D-Y

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :flower:

• Patsy..wish Toniann all the best in college.....hope she makes the team

Hi everyone

• Good morning.....

Patsy good luck to Toniann today....Kevin started yesterday. Still can't believe they're in college!!

Warren glad you had a fun family visit.

Hi Judy, Anna, Bobby and prodigalson

• Debbie....good luck to Kevin

This is the first year that I have no one starting school in September.......school days are finished with me. .....feeling kind of old....lol lol

• Hi-Debbie & Patsy-time will go by so fast..before u know it, they'll be out of college...good luck to them both..in the 90's this week-I have a long weekend-will be off until Tuesday-then 10 hour work days/6 days a week until December..oh, well, thank God I have a job...LOL...going to watch Justin Sunday night..can't wait..everyone-enjoy this long Labor Day weekend...stay safe & have fun....bye

• So Sorry to post this but our Dear Friend Anthony Umbria is no longer with us physically but he will always be in our Hearts! So many laughs, so much music and his love for all of us and his family! Im gonna miss that pain in the butt ...he brought out the best in me!!! All these pics and Im sure more are still in my Photobucket especially for you through the years!!!

photo vase_flower_pot-1.png

photo water-1.jpg

photo CIMG1267.jpg

photo raise-your-hand.jpg

photo cbpink.gif

photo h3art48-1.gif

photo Ducksinarow.jpg

photo WHITEROSESANDVANILLACANDLESFORYOUDE.jpg

Rest Peacefully ANTHONY

• Here's one for you Anthony .....thank you for all the music and especially the laughs!!!

Our Condolences to Ann Ellen and the Family

• Just heard the sad sad news about our friend Anthony Umbria........I am so mad at myself...been thinking about him so much lately and never took the time to call him......I knew Anthony since I am a kid...he was such a great guy.

We all had so much fun with him when he was on the blog...all his great music and funny things he always said and the laughs because he couldn't spell for shit....

RIP our wonderful music man

I will miss you my best bud!!!!!!!!!!

• Just heard the sad sad news about our friend Anthony Umbria........I am so mad at myself...been thinking about him so much lately and never took the time to call him......I knew Anthony since I am a kid...he was such a great guy.

We all had so much fun with him when he was on the blog...all his great music and funny things he always said and the laughs because he couldn't spell for shit....

RIP our wonderful music man

I will miss you my best bud!!!!!!!!!!

• OMG I can't believe it....so sad. He'll surely be missed

RIP Anthony

• so sorry to hear about Anthony-RIP-you will be missed...my condolences to his wife & family.................

• HI GUYS..

ANTHONY R.I.P. OLD FRIEND.

[-oB

OUR FAMILIES GO BACK JUST ABOUT 45 YRS.

MY DAUGHTER NATALIE GETS TOGETHER OCCASSIONALLY WITH MELISSA UMBRIA & AMANDA UMBRIA. I ALSO SPEAK WITH

ANNELLEN. AS A MATTER OF FACT, ALL THE UMBRIA WOMEN ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AT MY DAUGHTER NATALIE'S BABY SHOWER IN SEPTEMBER, BUT THIS MAY CHANGE THINGS..

HE WILL BE MISSED. HE WAS SOME CHARACTER!!!

• HI SUZIE..SOMEHOW I KNEW YOU WOULD POST TODAY.

HOPE ALL IS WELL..XX

HI JUDY & ANNA. TONIANN, SO FAR IS EXCITED ABOUT BEING A COLLEGE STUDENT. SHE ALREADY MADE SOME FRIENDS, & SHE IS HOPEFULLY, GOING TO BE ON THE SOFTBALL TEAM!!! :D-Y

HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU & YOUR FAMILIES.

GOODNIGHT, FRIENDS.

GOING OUT FOR A LITTLE WHILE..EVERYONE, ENJOY YOUR

HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!! :)

• A wonderful Labor Day weekend to all!

Best of luck to the Giants & Jets.

• Hi I was away the weekend...got home late last night...never got to go to Anthony Umbria's wake.....RIP my friend...hope your running around like crazy up there!!!!!!!

warren......where are you......haven't heard from you in a while...hope everything is ok

• Judy, Mod here. I deleted the multiple posts for you.

• Hello, Been busy entertaining family & some friends. Sorry to hear about Anthony. Only knew him through the blog. Things here going well. Apartment meets our needs and meals and other perks are working out well. :D-Y

• Thanks Mod...was having trouble posting..

Warren...glad to see your ok.......so happy that you and Carol are enjoying your new place so much!,,,

• Hi-Warren-glad u & Carol are enjoying your new apt..hi Judy, Patsy & Debbie..beautiful weather here..in the 70's..but will get warmer by the end of the week (near 90)..never thought I'd say it but "is it Fall yet"? well Good Night everyone-talk to u soon...........

• Suzie said:

So Sorry to post this but our Dear Friend Anthony Umbria is no longer with us physically but he will always be in our Hearts! So many laughs, so much music and his love for all of us and his family! Im gonna miss that pain in the butt ...he brought out the best in me!!!

Rest Peacefully ANTHONY

On behalf of Brooklynian and it's members I'd like to extend my condolences to Anthony's family and friends. Very sad news, he will be missed.

• Good morning all....

Thanks Mamacita. Anthony will definitely be missed :(

Anna....I can't wait for the fall weather too lol

Judy...didn't get there either and I feel so bad.

Warren...glad you're busy with good things and not drs!!

Patsy...hope to see you soon.

• HI GUYS..

WARREN..GLAD TO SEE YOU ON HERE.. ENJOY YOUR FAMILY &

FRIENDS IN YOUR NEW HOME..

I WENT TO THE WAKE FOR AN HOUR WITH MY CUZ TERRY. HIS FAMILY IS HOLDING UP AS BEST AS CAN BE EXPECTED.

HE WILL BE MISSED!!!

HI MAMACITA!!! GLAD YOU'RE STILL WATCHING OVER US. :)

HI ANNA & JUDY..I AM ENJOYING THIS WEATHER.

A TOUCH OF FALL IN THE AIR!!! DEB, I KNOW YOU LOVE THIS TOO. WILL CALL YOU, SOON.

HI RICHARD. LOVE THOSE GIANTS!!!

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!! :)

• Hi-glad it's Friday!!! warm weekend coming up........dental appt. tomorrow & on Sunday a 90th birthday party for my girlfriend's Mom...enjoy the weekend & have fun everyone...Patsy-are u waiting for the Fall shows to start like me? DWTS in about ten days..can't wait....bye

• OMG Finally. I could not get on for so long..Have to read and see what the hell is going on.

• thank you Mamacita I copied your message and sent it to Anthony's family. thank you for being so caring...I will also miss that pain in the ass. He would call 10 times a week at my house. lol

that saying.. we don't know what we've got until its gone I will miss his phone calls and he always ended them with "Ciao" "Ciao"

• Suzie u made me cry posting that song...

• Just thinking of Umbria and I still can not believe he is gone. My phone never rings anymore without him..

• Good Morning everyone wherever you are?????????????

Patsy are the Umbria's coming to the shower????

• Dont forget to vote

• Hello everyone and have a good day

• Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Nite T-Bone!

• Good Morning Happy Thursday everyone...xoxoxo

• xoxoxo Mamacita I thought everyone was gone lol

• Hi Terry.nice to see u back on...

Hello Mamacita and everyone else

• Hi everyone-Terry-I hope you're back for good...you've been missed..well almost the weekend, can't wait..hi of 68 here tomorrow..better get out my winter coat! LOL..anyway, have some good news!! Looks like I'm gonna be a grandma again! Jessica is pregnant and is due May 1st next year...I'm so excited..may have to change my Florida plans and delay the move..I'll see what happens..anyway, hope everyone has a nice weekend......bye

• Alleluia someone came home. lol Congratulations on being a grandma again...Yes it has been along time. Had trouble getting on. Finally I made it back.

Very hot here and just had a big storm ....thunder and lightening

GOOD NIGHT SWEET DREAMS

• Hi Terry

Congrats Anna!!!!!!

• Good Morning all Have a great day

• Thank God it is friday. Shopping with Patsy, Millie, Debbie and Carol tomorrow. The Real Park Slope girls are getting together..(can't wait)

Spoke to Jerry LaGrecga when Umbria passed away. It was great talking to him.

Back to the old routine with the girls. Mia is 6 now and Aria 2. Mia was a baby when we first came on here. Time is going by quickly.

I think of all the fun we had on here with everyone. Memories I will cherish.

I think of Fred D'Amico often. He is probably running up there with Umbria

xoxoxoxo

• Hi-thank u for your well wishes...I'm so glad it's Friday..weather is changing..it was 46 this morning when I got up! Watching Justin tomorrow night, then Tina, Justin, Jessica and I are going shopping and out to lunch on Sunday..Justin's 5th birthday party is the 29th of Sept.so have to get him something..his real birthday is Oct.5th but he'll be in Texas celebrating with his grandfather, Tina & Scott..Terry-you are so right-time goes by so fast..well, enjoy the weekend-talk to u next week............

• Hi have a great weekend.

Great day with the south bklyn park slope girls today.

Lunch, shopping and hanging at Patsy's for coffee and cake.

• Good Night Sweet Dreams

• GOOD MORNING, FRINDS :)

HI ANNA.. CONGRATS!!! GREAT NEWS..

3 MORE MOS, TIL MY GRANDSON GETS HERE..

SHOWER IS ONLY 2 WEEKS AWAY!! IT'S GOING TO BE

JUST BEAUTIFUL..

ANNA, I PRINTED OUT THE FALL TV SCHEDULE. SO MANY NEW

SHOWS COMING ON & SOME OLD FAVORITES!!

WEATHER HERE HAS BEEN COOL THE LAST FEW DAYS. I LOVE IT!!!

HOLIDAYS ARE A COMIN'..LOL

HI JUDY, & MAMACITA.

HI CUZ..YES, LOTS OF FUN & LAUGHS YESTERDAY.

CANNOT WAIT TIL WE DO OUR P.J. PARTY IN NOVEMBER..

LIKE TEENAGERS AGAIN..

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Good Morning have a Great Sunday

• Yes Cuz can't wait for our PJ party We might just need depends. lol

• Good Night sweet dreams

HI CUZ.. YES DEPENDS.. LOL (HOPEFULLY, NOT)

TALK TO YOU, SOON. LOVE YA, LOTS. XX

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! :)

• Rainy day here in Staten Island.

• Good night Sweet dreams

This discussion has been closed.