Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 14 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

Comments

• Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Good Afternoon everyone. Beautiful day here in Staten Island

• Good morning all....

I've been fighting a cough and cold all week...I guess I'll have to make a trip to the dr because its just don't wanna leave me lol

Terry and Anna glad your cough is better...

Anna I'd love to go back to Hawaii...we went for our honeymoon and I loved it so much. We always said we'd go back but never did and Monday will be our 25th anniversary. Boy time flies.

Judy I'm definitely enjoying this weather :-)

Patsy I'm sorry I didnt get back to you about the flea market.

Have a great day everyone

• Hi-nice fall day outside...lazy day..even took a nap this afternoon..all the kids took me out Thursday night for my birthday...weekend goes too fast...well my cough is still here..the dr.said it could be allergies or side effects from my BP meds..has anyone heard from Warren? it's been awhile since he's been on..hope everything is okay...well, enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone..talk to u soon...bye

• Good night sweet dreams

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

DEB & ANNA.. HOPE YOUR COUGHS WENT AWAY & YOU'RE FEELING BETTER.

DEB!! HAPPY 25TH.. THAT'S A BIG ONE.. ENJOY XX :cheers:

ANNA..HAWAII!!! I'M JEALOUS. NEVER BEEN. MY GOAL IS HOPEFULLY TO VISIT ITALY ONE DAY..( I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY IN ORDER TO DO THIS)..LOL

LOVING DWTS.

HI CUZ..SEND MY LOVE TO ALL MY CUZZIE WUZZUES. WILL CALL YOU SOON.XXOX

MILDRED CAME TO VISIT ME ON WEDNESDAY. WE WENT TO BRUNCH & A LITTLE SHOPPING. IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO SEE HER!!

I HAVE BEEN TO 2 WAKES IN THE LAST 4 DAYS.

MAY THEIR SOULS R..I.P. [-oB

OKAY..EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! I NEED TO GO FOOD SHOPPING.

THIS WEATHER IS AWESOME!!! :-)

• Good Morning...nice weather again today..but snow showers on Tuesday& Wednesday..I guess I'll have to start wearing my winter coat..ugh...Patsy-first time on a plane years ago-went to Italy for 3 weeks..unbelievable...Happy Anniversary Debbie...have a great day...have a nice day everyone...talk to u soon........bye

• Hi, nice weather out today

Happy 25th Anniversary Debbie and Kevin....enjoy

Anna...your cough is probably from the bp meds....I had to try two different ones because they all gave me a terrible cough......

Hi PAtsy and Terry....

Warren....hope everything is ok

• Howdy All!

A buddy of mine from the Midwest travelled to NYC metro area to visit his sister and he asked for travel advice. I gave him an itinerary & advised that he see the real NY & avoid the pricey touristy places. He saw down town Manhattan, Grand Central, down town Brooklyn, Montague Street, the Promenade, many beautiful old brownstones, & took the subway to other spots. Much to my surprise the thing he enjoyed the most was Prospect Park! He enjoyed Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn Museum, Library, but regretted not having time to see the Botanic Gardens. You could tell that he sensed there is a very special character to these environs and this was a scene he will not soon forget. In fact, he saw so much that he was exhausted after all that walking!

Well, as we all know, Brooklyn is special indeed!

• Prodigalson Prospect Park was one of my favorites growing up.

This time of the year rolling down the hills in the leaves and playing was great. Hills I thought were so big at that time and now look small. lol

Good night sweet dreams all

• Good Morning to All...

Happy Monday

Little chilly her in Staten Island today about 50 degrees...

I love the summer I am cold already lol

Have a great day

• Hey Everyone, Here is a new question that was posted on the general Brooklyn Back When board.

schooner said:

Hi Guys/Gals The gym: THE LAMPLIGHTERS BOXING GYM was across the street from: Boro Park Theater on New Utrecht Avenue. Right across the street upstairs from a store that sold lamps. It had NOTHING to do with the store.

The WelterWeight Champion Of The World: Paddy DeMarco sponsored the club in the early 1950's I use to train there.

Do any you guys/gals have any info or remember that gym ?

To reply to Schooner, follow this link:

brooklynian.com/forum/brooklyn-back-when/does-anyone-remember-boro-park-the-lamplighter-boxing-gym

• Finally got back on

Good Morning all

• Pretty chilly out there. Took the girls to school and went to the gym and was freezing my rear end off. lol

How is the weather by you people who live out of New York???

• It's 54 degrees...I thought it was going to be a lot colder...not too bad out.

Do u have any way to get in touch with Warren...it's been a while since he's been on.....

• Good Morning All

Judy I think I have Warren's email I will look and email him to see if he is ok.

Have a great day everyone

Pretty chilly here in Staten Island :D-Y

• Good morning all.....

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes...had a great day :-)

Patsy...my coughs still lingering on and off but I'm better thank God because I have my nephews christening on Sunday.

Anna...snow showers? wow it goes from one extreme to the other.

Terry....hope you can get in touch with Warren.

Good morning Judy :-)

• Off to the gym

Have a good night Good night sweet dreams

Warren is ok spoke on an email.

Told him he is greatly missed on here and had a lot to offer.

• Good Morning All

Very cold day here in Staten Island.

Have a great Friday

• Hi-brother is building a home in Del Webb Naples in Ave Maria,Fla..so I'm putting in my papers this Friday-retirement date-March 2014..can't wait. have a great weekend everyone...bye (having a problem with my computer tonite)

HAPPY SUNDAY!!

HI ANNA.. LOVING DWTS.

ARE YOU MOVING TO FLA. WITH YOUR BROTHER??

IF SO, GOOD FOR YOU. JUST DON'T FORGET US ON HERE, PLEASE.

CHILLY OUT TODAY.

WENT TO COSTCO YESTERDAY.. WHAT A MADHOUSE. I WILL BE GOING ON A WEEKDAY FROM NOW ON. BUT I LOVE IT THERE..

HI TO JUDY, CUZ, DEBBIE, RICHARD, & MAMACITA.

ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

:)

• Good morning all....

Heading out to my nephews christening this morning....hope everyone has a great Sunday :-)

• Hi Friends!

It's a beautiful Sunday morning here in St Paul with temperature at 39F. On a day like this with Halloween approaching, I'd be walking the paths in Prospect Park and enjoying the outdoor air. Hope you have the chance to do it today!

• GOOD NIGHT SWEET DREAMS :bounce:

• Good morning..at work..my computer at home is dead at think..Patsy..yes I'm moving next year with my brother to Florida..can't wait..kids will be able to visit Florida anytime..love DWTS too..have a great day everyone...bye

Tomorrow I will be going to the Bethany Show and Wednesday the View and I will see Celine Dion EXCITED..

• Good Morning and Happy Halloween.

• GOOD AFTERNOON FRIENDS :)

CUZ..HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME AT THE SHOWS U WENT TO.

XX

HI RICHARD & DEBBIE & ANNA.

ANNA.. GOOD FOR YOU. GOOD MOVE TO FLA.& NOT TOO FAR FOR KIDS TO TRAVEL TO VISIT YOU.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN. ENJOY, PEOPLE.. :batman:

• Good Morning Everyone,

Had a great time with my grandson yesterday.....

Rainy day today......so glad it held out for all the kiddies yesterday

Attached files image
  • Don't know why none of my pics are coming out...

Attached files image
  • Ok I get it Judy lol It posted so many times. LOL I love it.

• Good Morning all. A rainy day here is Staten Island but warm. Weather is crazy.

Today is All Saints day off to church later.

Have a great day all..

• GOOD AFTERNOON FRIENDS :)

HAPPY 'ALL SAINTS DAY' [-oB

HAD A LOT OF TRICK OR TREATERS LAST NIGHT.

IT'S ALWAYS FUN HANDING GOODIES OUT TO THE KIDS.

GLAD THE WEATHER HELD OUT YESTERDAY FOR THEM.

HI CUZ.. DID U EVER FIND OUT ABOUT THAT SHOW WE TALKED ABOUT FOR NOV?? LET ME KNOW. SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

TALK TO YOU SOON..XXXXX

HOPE MIA & ARIA HAD FUN YESTERDAY. SEND MY LOVE TO ALL XO

JUDY.. TRY TO REPOST PIX.

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Patsy,

Carol is checking it out...I think it is called dance explosion. Music from 60's,70's and 80's Will let you know.

• Sorry about all those posts....can't believe you can't delete posts.....trying to post a picture of my grandson...don't know why it is not working

• Prodigalson

saw this in that site.

Get spooked on the Green-Wood cemetery walking tour

I was spooked every year the day after Halloween (all saints day)Wwe would be off from school (catholic school) and we would go to 5th avenue to Greenwood. We would see all kinds of things. We were young and we figured the souls of the dead came out Halloween night. We would see newspapers, a pillow near a tree all kinds of crazy things. We really did believe the spirits came out Halloween night.

One never knows do one?

• I've deleted Judy's unsuccessful picture-posting attempts.

Judy, please see picture-posting instructions here:

[/url] http://brooklynian.com/forum/site-issues/how-to-post-a-picture

• Thanks Booklaw...I usually have no problems posting pics.....maybe because I am on my IPad....I will try again on my computer....thanks again

• Still trying to post my pics

• Halloween 2013~~~~~

• Why can't we do it the old way. If you go to photobucket and join (free) you can get them here.. I learned all the tricks from Suzie when she was on.

• i am also trying. I clicked on browse and picked a photo lets see if it goes through

Attached files image
  • comes up denied this is why I go to photobucket

• Terry I tried photobucket it won't work...I will try again later.

Have a great day!!!!

• Hi-Judy love the pic of your grandson..well I gave my retirement papers in on Friday..last day-March 28, 2014..I'm so excited..I will be back on here in about ten days...leaving for Hawaii for a week.(Maui also).can't wait (although I don't like flying but I'll deal with it-LOL)..getting all my packing done today-so much to do-so little time...so say a prayer for a safe trip for me & my son-talk to u after March 13th..........bye

• GOOD AFTERNOON, FRIENDS :)

JUDY..LOVE THE PICTURE. VIENNA LOOKS JUST LIKE OUR

YORKIE 'ACE.' BABY SAL GREW UP SO FAST!!! WHAT A DOLL..

HI ANNA..HAVE A GREAT TRIP. THAT'S A TRIP OF A LIFETIME.

POST WHEN YOU GET BACK..ENJOY!!! :D-Y

I TRIED POSTING THIS MORNING, & MY PASSWORD GAVE ME TROUBLE. COULD NOT GET ON. ](*,) I WROTE TO THE BROOKLYN ADMIN & ASKED FOR HELP. NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED & HOW I AM ABLE TO GET BACK ON. SO ADMIN., IF YOU HELPED ME THANK YOU SO MUCH.

5 MORE WEEKS TIL I'M A GRANDMA.. CAN'T WAIT..

BABY'S ROOM LOOKS BEAUTIFUL, ESPRESSO COLORED FURNITURE, FRAMED ART ON THE WALLS, DRAWS & BASKETS IN ORDER, BOOKS ON BOOKSHELF, ETC. SO EXCITING!!!

OK..NEED TO COOK SOME DINNER NOW. EVERYONE, ENJOY YOUR NIGHT!!! :-)

• Thanks everyone, he IS getting so big...love him to death!!!

Anna...have a wonderful and safe trip.....Good for you on your retirement.

Have a good Sunday...

• Hi All

Anna have a great trip

Judy he is getting so big. i am watching him grow on facebook lol

Patsy will talk to ya soon

GOOD NIGHT SWEET DREAMS

• Hi All!

It's Election Day so please take the time to exercise your patriotic duty. I did so earlier to day.

For now, I just watched this gem from youtube:

I always had a love/hate relationship with those subways. Yeah, they generally worked efficiently - but I hate the rush hour crowds! Still they took me where I wanted to go and it remains one of the most efficient transport systems in the world.

• Good Morning All

Got thrown off again had to get a new password. Drives me crazy

Administrator...Can't I make my own password up that I will remember so I don't have to request one every time I get thrown off. HELP

HAPPY HUMP DAY

• GOOD MORNING OR I SHOULD SAY AFTERNOON

Got thrown off AGAIN. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Good Night sweet dreams

• Good Afternoon all

Have a great weekend..

I am freezing today. lol

• HAPPY SUNDAY, FRIENDS:)

A LITLE COLD TODAY!! LOVE THIS WEATHER!!! TREES LOOK BEAUTIFUL & HOLIDAYS ARE APPROACHING..& IN LESS THAN 4 WEEKS MY GRANDSON WILL BE HERE!!! WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS THIS WILL BE!!!

ANNA, HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT TIME IN HAWAII!!!

JUDY..HOPE ALL IS WELL..SEND MY LOVE TO BOBBY.

I HAVE THE PICTURE OF YOUR MOM & MY MOM ON MY WINDOW SEAT & FRAMED. I LOOK AT IT EVERYDAY..(SOMETIMES 2X). I MADE A COPY FOR MY SISTER ANGELA & FRAMED IT FOR HER FOR CHRISTMAS. SHE LOVED IT WHEN SHE SAW IT..THANX, AGAIN. XX

HI TO MY CUZ& DEBBIE, & RICHARD & HOPING WARREN & CAROL ARE WELL.

HAVE A GREAT DAY...:)

• Good Morning and a Happy Sunday

A little warmer today

A salute tomorrow to all you Vets. My Dad Mike Angelo, My friend Jerry Lagrecga, MY Uncle Augie Angelo, My hubby Dave In heaven. To all the Vets Thank you

• Good morning all.

Happy Veterans day and Happy birthday to my son Michael.

Have a great day

• Happy Veteran's Day to all!

• Good Morning All

Raining and miserable but I woke up and that is a good thing. Enjoy your day

• Good Morning All

It is freezing here..

Have a great day

• Good Morning all

Have a great day

Hate the cold...lol

• shhhhh ....

{whispering} I hope all are sleeping well ....

Sleep tight on ye wee soft pillows and have a pleasant rest ....

• Good morning all...

Have a great day

See ya tomorrow my Cuzzie and the girls

• Hi Everyone-looks like my computer is dying so I'm on my work computer..Hawaii was beautiful..left Maui Monday night it was 83-got into Chicago Tues.afternoon it was 27 with snow on the ground..Happy Birthday to my son Joe (it was yesterday) have a great day everyone.......Patsy-I know you'll have the best Christmas ever with that new baby coming.....bye

• Hi Everyone,

Anna...so glad you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii.......Happy Birthday to your son..

Patsy..this must be such an exciting time for you and the family....

Nice out today

Hi Terry and Debbie........have a great day

• Hi-thanks Judy...yes-Hawaii was so beautiful..and now the holidays are almost upon us..Christmas music on the radio 24/7 already..not ready for that yet! Hi Terry and Debbie..I think I'll start decorating soon..Jessica is having Thanksgiving and Tina's having Christmas...hope everyone has a nice weekend..........bye

Fund day with Cousin Patsy, Debbie Bonavita, Carol Lovaglia, Millie Romano and my sister Lori.

Shopped til we dropped.

MORNING, CUZ..YES, SHOPPING & DINNER.. A GREAT TIME WITH THE GIRLS!! KISS MY CUZIIES OVER THERE..XXX

LOVE YA, :)

HI ANNA..GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TRIP!!!

WELCOME HOME!!! YES, HOLIDAYS ALMOST HERE.

I NEED A LITTLE MORE TIME.!!!

HI JUDY...3 MORE WEEKS TIL GAVIN IS HERE IN PERSON.

HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU & THE FAMILY.

HI RICHARD..ENJOY YOUR DAY!!

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Good Morning All

Have a great Monday

• hi everyone,if i missed some birthdays/graduations/births forgive me,and i hope everyone is doing well.getting a little older,so we are having the premier tub people,doing the bathroom/tub installation.never realizing time flies,and our bodys take the hit.were doing well.everyone happy thanksgiving to all.going to dc again for another rally,4th one in 6 months.ok every one take one day at a time,and do the best you can. bobby c

• G'morning Friends in God's Country.

I hope the weather is fine & that all is well.

Here in St Paul, I am so glad our building management put in triple thick windows. When I cracked the window open just to get a touch of fresh air, you could hear the winds outside howling like a pack of hungry wolves. Yes, it gets very cold & windy in the Tundra and Winter is still a few weeks away.

BTW, am reading Betty Smith's tome A Tree Grows In Brooklyn. Bet you hadn't heard of that one in a long time!

ANNA, HOPE ALL IS WELL WHERE YOU & YOUR FAMILY ARE.

PRAYING & THINKING OF YOU THRU THOSE

BAD TORNADOES DOWN IN CHICAGO & ILLINOIS.

POST WHEN YOU CAN, SO WE KNOW YOU GUYS ARE OKAY..

HI RICHARD & BOBBY..

HOPE YOU ALL ARE OK & STAYING WARM.

WEATHER HERE IS CRAZY.. YESTERDAY IN 60'S, TODAY IN HIGH 40'S. MOTHER NATURE..CANNOT FIGURE HER OUT.

HI CUZ..LOVE YOU & TALK TO YOU, SOON.XX

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :)

• Hi Cuz, Bobby Prodigalson and All.

The Movie is also great. Did u see it yet. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn???

Very windy here tonight. Just came home from food shopping a little while ago and it was so windy. The VZ Bridge must be rockin and rollin. Hope my man is safe working there tonight.

Good Night Sweet Dreams

Going to rest a little, before I know it the kids will be here and it will be 7 am tomorrow lol

• Good Morning I am freezing and just got thrown off here again..lol

• Hi-Patsy-it was a terrible day here on Sunday..very scary-winds of 70+ mph...but the devastation in the rest of the state was worse..6 people died and surprised it wasn't more...hail, lightning, thunder,bad wind, my windows were rattling all day..but I am so lucky & blessed-it could have been worse in my area..say a prayer for those people who are homeless because of it.....have a great day everyone...bye

• GOOD AFTERNOON, FRIENDS :)

HI ANNA, SO GLAD YOU & YOUR FAMILY ARE OK.

I DEFINITELY SAID PARYERS FOR THOSE WHO DIED &

ARE MISSING. HOPE THEY ALL GET HELP A.S.A.P.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

HI TO ALL.. EVERYONE.. ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

:-)

COLD TODAY.. HIGH 40'S.

EVERYONE STAY WARM..

& ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

• Good Morning-going to be a chilly weekend...just wanted to say have a nice day and a great weekend........bye

• good night sweet dreams

Have a great weekend.

Was a beautiful afternoon today. Sunny and warm

WOW!!! WINDY, WINDY, WINDY!!

WE ARE IN A DEEP FREEZE..WIND IS HOWLING LIKE CRAZY..

HOPE EVEYONE STAYS WARM & HAS A GREAT DAY!!!

• Hi-quick typeby...been snowing on & off for the last 3 hours..I'm glad they said snow flurries coming our way!! LOL....Patsy-are u watching DWTS? I think either Amber or Corbin will win.....can't believe the series is over already...well, have to get back to work........bye

• Freezing my a-- off lol

Good night sweet dreams

need prayers for my little cousin Isabella

Surgery tomorrow at 1pm. Just out of no where she has a brain tumor.Prayers needed. thanks

• Wishing everyone a very a Happy Thanksgiving

• Hi all hope u all had a great Thanksgiving.

Freezing here in Staten Island.

Good Night sweet dreams

• ok back on

Had problems for a day

could not get on

Thanks Andrew (admin) for your help

Good night sweet dreams

Patsy was also trying to get on she sends her love to everyone

• Good Morning have a happy Monday

• Good Morning Happy Tuesday

Have a Great Day

• Patsy is having a hard time for days now trying to get on

• Good Morning Happy hump Day

Have a great Wednesday

Patsy is still having trouble getting on

I also was thrown of this morning and had to resign in

• Hello-quick typeby-glad it's hump day-hope everyone had a nice holiday..55 today but high of 20 on Saturday & Sunday-(we might have our first snowstorm Sunday into Monday)..anyway, my computer is terrible at home so I have to check in here to see what's going on...have a nice day & will talk to u soon.....bye

• Hi Anna,

Weather was good here in 40's and 50's this week. Not too bad.

Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Good Morning All

Happy Thursday

Sure do miss Warren on here..He was kept this going.

Have a great day..

• OMG Patsy is still not on.

This discussion has been closed.