Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 13 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

Comments

• Good Morning All. Beautiful day here i Staten Island. Starting to get chilly. For me anyway lol Have a great day.

• Hiya Good People!

My modem conked out & I'm using our building's Wi-Fi which, thankfully, is working at the moment.

A buddy of mine who grew up on a Minnesota farm dropped by and I showed him online pictures of Prospect Park. He liked them very much and said it must be a real kool place to visit. As one who lived nearby for many years and visited the park many times, I said that's fer sure! I sure miss that wonderful place.

Autumn approaches and it's the most beautiful time of year. Oh, by the way, this reminds me that there's another thing I miss about Brooklyn: golden delicious apples. Minnesota has its own brand but they are nowhere as good as NY Golden Delicious - those are the best!

Everybody enjoy the New Season! :)

• Hi Prodigalson

Yes prospect Park was and is still beautiful.

I ice skated there when I was a kid. when I was a very young girl I was in the brownies. Every October we would go there and run down the hills. I remember all the leaves all different colors.

We would play out Christopher Columbus and the Indians. So much fun that I still cherish those days. My Brownie leader who is my sisters Godmother is 91 years old and she made those memories for us.

I love that I grew up in Brooklyn.

You also have Great New Season and CHERISH the memories. I do..even now...

• hi everyone hope all is well.sorry about Anthony.were doing ok,some more memories,roller skating at park circle,and also at saint roccos,going down suicide hill in prospect park.swimming at st George hotel,the 21st fest,the day the brkly piers went on fire,the bull lines,were my dad give me,my first driving lesson,then racing on 1st ave,by the piers.mitchells drive thru on 86 st,toddoes bar on 20st and 5th ave,made the best steaks,my dad would go in there and have a few drinks,and bet a number,my older brother would shine shoes in the bar.and was in Washington 09/11/13 at the million bikers rally,we drove down,it was unbeleiveable,getting a little lately into politics.the country is not going in a good direction.sorry I should know better,not to talk politics or religion.ok everyone take one day at a time,and do the best you can.take care bobbyc

• Hi Bobby,

Love all the memories you posted. Toddo's Dixie Tavern. What a memory. Jimmy Durante would be there a lot. I remember being a little girl and looking in the side window on 20th street to see him. wow that must have been exciting million bikers rally. God love all those victims dead and alive from 911. Always in my prayers. Never forget Ever...

A beautiful day here in Staten Island.

A good day to all..

• Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Good Afternoon All. Beautiful day here in Staten Island.

• Hi Everyone-great memories of days gone by..time goes by too fast..good week for me-Jessica had a 1st Dr.'s appt.-baby is due the first week in May..and my son called me the other night..since my birthday is Oct.17th..he's taking me to Hawaii & Maui for a week the 1st week in November..I'm so excited...he took me to O'ahu in 2002..hot in Chicago today-92 degrees but I think that's the end of the heat until next year. 60's by the weekend..Jessica & I are going to a baby shower on Sunday..glad to see the blog is busy..have a great weekend....bye

• Good Morning all. Cool day here in Staten Island. 57 degrees

• Hi Anna

All exciting and good things thank God.

Have a great day.

• thanks Terry-have a good weekend everyone.......

Have a great weekend

• so happy for you Anna....What a great birthday gift

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

• Hi everyone

Out all day wanted to say Hi...

• Good night Sweet dreams

• Good Morning Happy Sunday

• Good Night Sweet Dreams...

• GOOD MORNING Happy Monday

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,

YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,

SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

HAVE SOME ICE CREAM!

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

HI CUZ.. TALK TO U SOON. XX

HI BOBBY,& RICHARD & JUDY.

GLAD YOU ARE ALL DOING OKAY.

ANNA..HAWAII & MAUI.. HOW GREAT IS THAT???

YOU DESERVE IT.

GETTING READY FOR MY DAUGHTER'S BABY SHOWER THIS SATURDAY.

I AM SO EXCITED.

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! XX

:)

• Hi Everybody

Patsy....good luck with everything on Saturday...

Hi Terry, Anna and Richard

• Hi Patsy, Anna and Judy

Have a great night

Good night sweet dreams

• Good Morning and Happy Tuesday.

• If you are on facebook come join my page The Real Park Slope. It is a little like this thread when we were all on..

People from our neighborhood all the way down to President street. One lady has post4ed many old photos of the neighborhood.

• Hi All....

Anna a new grandchild AND Hawaii!!! congrats on both!!

Terry looking forward to our pj party...should be a blast lol

Patsy hope everything goes great Saturday although I'm sure it will.

Judy how's your grandson? He must be getting so big already.

Ok have a good night all....

• HI FRIENDS :)

JUST WANTED TO POP IN & SAY HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!!

• Good Morning All Have a great Day

• Hi Debbie and Hi Cuzzie Wuzzie..

• Good Morning and Happy Thursday.

Off to Brooklyn for a Zumba class with my childhood friend Geri Santoli and my sister Lori/

• Morning....

Terry do some Zumba for me lol

Hope everyone has a good day :-)

• HI FRIENDS :)

HI CUZZIE WUZZIE & DEBBIE.

HOPE ALL OUR BLOG FAMILY & FRIENDS HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

GOING TO GET THE GRAY OUT OF MY HAIR, SO I CAN LOOK

'YOUNGER' FOR MY DAUGHTER'S SHOWER ON SATURDAY.

LOL

WANT TO BE A YOUNG LOOKING GRANDMA. LOL

• Coughing, coughing, coughing

Went to the doctor just cough medicine

No infection thank god

Did not sleep all night

Hopefully tonight I will sleep with this codeine

I hate any medicine but I have to take this so I can stop coughing and sleep.

• Patsy you look like a young grandma.

• Good Morning it is FRIDAY Have a great day

• Good Morning everyone..quick typeby..(I'm in work)..Patsy-have a wonderful time at the baby shower..have fun..everyone-have a great weekend (going to Justin's birthday party this Sunday) He won't be here for his regular birthday (October 5th-he'll be in Texas)...so enjoy the weekend.......bye

• Good Morning everyone..quick typeby..(I'm in work)..Patsy-have a wonderful time at the baby shower..have fun..everyone-have a great weekend (going to Justin's birthday party this Sunday) He won't be here for his regular birthday (October 5th-he'll be in Texas)...so enjoy the weekend.......bye

• Have a great time Anna.

• Good morning All. Have a great day. Beautiful here in Staten Island.

• Good Morning Happy Sunday

• Good morning have a great Monday

• HI GUYS :)

HI CUZ...I AM A YOUNG GRANDMA. LOL

XX

HI ANNA. THANK YOU & ENJOY JUSTIN'S B/DAY. GIVE HIM

KISSES FROM US.

THE SHOWER WAS BEAUTIFUL.. THE FOOD, SERVICE, CAKE WAS

GREAT,.. COULD NOT ASK FOR ANYTHING BETTER!!!

WE ALL HAD A GREAT TIME!!!

WILL POST SOME PIX SOON.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, ALL!!! :)

• Hi Cuz....

Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Hi-Terry-hope u feel better..take your meds & go to bed...Patsy-glad the shower was a success...Justin's party was great too..they're going to Texas on Thursday for a long weekend to celebrate...went to Jessica's house after work-my SIL had to fix my brake lights..going shopping for maternity clothes for Jessica this weekend..she has a cute little bump!!! good night friends...talk to u soon...........bye

• Hi Anna and All,

Good Morning and have a great day.

Safe trip to Texas Anna

• Good Morning All

Going to be 82 degrees here in Staten Island today

Summer is back lol

Have a great day

• GOOD MORNING HAPPY THURSDAY

STILL BEAUTIFUL WEATHER IN STATEN ISLAND

HI CUZ..WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL HERE IN GOOD OLD BROOKLYN!!!

TOMORROW SOME RAIN.

HI ANNA..THEY HAVE SOME BEAUTIFUL MATERNITY CLOTHES IN THE STORES. NATALIE BOUGHT A FEW OUTFITS, BUT SHE ALSO WEARS

STRETCH TOP LEGGINGS WITH BIG TOPS FOR DRESS DOWN & SHE IS

COMFORTABLE. SHES A REAL GIRLIE GIRLS. SHE LOVES DRESSES & BOUGHT QUITE A FEW MATERNITY DRESSES.HAVE FUN W/JESSICA SHOPPING.

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Hiya Friends!

The name Gerard Cafesjian may not mean anything to you but he was a Brooklyn boy who served his country during WW II and was well known here in Minnesota because, of all things, he loved carousels! Mr Cafesjian recently passed away and many people fondly remember the charity work he did over the years:

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/226228961.html

• Good Morning all. Happy Friday

Have a great weekend. xoxoxo

• Thank you Gerard Cafesjian for keeping us safe and serving our country. xoxoxo

• Prodigalson I read the story and Wow. I am going to re post it on facebook.. Thanks

• Good night Sweet Dreams

happy weekend....Tomorrow is the 3rd avenue parade(Ragamuffin Parade) and Sunday shopping day on 3rd avenue...Go every year..

• Good morning have a great day

• Good night early tonight going to do a few things and read

Have a great night..

• Good Morning Have a great Sunday :D-Y

• Happy Sunday morning to everyone.

T-B51 ~ thanx for spreading the good word about the very kind hearted Mr Cafesjian.

HI CUZ.. YES, I WILL BE GOING TO THE FERSTIVAL ON 3RD TOO

LATER ON. ENJOY!!

HI RICHARD.. THANX FOR THE STORY ON MR. CAFESJIAN.

GOD BLESS & MAY HE R.I.P. XOX

HI TO ALL MY BLOG FAMILY & FRIENDS.

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!! :)

• Hi everyone..nice out today..Patsy-Jessica & I went shopping for maternity clothes yesterday..she got some comfortable leggings & tops..she also lost her teaching job on Friday b/c of the govt.shutdown..she'll stay home & relax for a week or so & then go back when the shutdown is over (hopefully fast)...called Justin yesterday in Texas for his 5th birthday..time sure goes by so fast...they'll be home tonight..enjoy the rest of the day everyone..........bye

• I WILL TRY TO POST SOME PIX OF MY DAUGHTER'S BABY SHOWER

C U, SOON :)

• HERE ARE PIX OF NATALIE'S BABY SHOWER. IT WAS A NURSERY RHYME THEME. WE HAD A GREAT TIME.

• I went late Patsy. Stopped at the Salty Dog and moved on.

Great photos. I will do mine soon

Good night sweet dreams :D

• HI CUZ.. YES, CAN YOU POST SOME PIX ON HERE FOR ME, PLEASE IF YOU GET A CHANCE. I HAVE MORE, BUT MY COMPUTER WAS ACTING UP & COULD NOT POST TOO MANY..

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT, CUZ.. LOVE YA, MUCHO. XX

HI ANNA.. CANNOT BELIEVE JUSTIN IS 5 ALREADY..TIME DOES GO BY QUICKLY!!! HOW IS JESSICA FEELING.. WHEN IS HER DUE DATE??

HOW ARE YOU LOVING DWTS??? MY FAVORITE COUPLE IS AMBER & DEREK. & GOD BLESS VALERIE HARPER..SHE IS A TRUE TROUPER.

ENJOY YOUR NIGHT.

GOOD NIGHT, FRIENDS.. C U, SOON.. :)

• BTW, IF ANYONE IS IN NEED OF A SAYING FOR A BABY SHOWR CAKE.. I AM A BIG FAN OF CAKE BOSS & A FEW MONTHSS AGO HE

MADE A BABY SHOWER CAKE & HE WROTE ON IT THE SAYING I HAD

PUT ON NATALIE'S CAKE. I THOUGHT THIS WAS DIFFERENT B/C I NEVER HEARD OR SAW IT BEFORE ON A CAKE.

IF YOU LOOK ON NATALIE'S CAKE THERE IS A TAG ON THE CAKE

& IT READS "DIAPERS & PINS, A NEW LIFE BEGINS". I LOVE THIS SAYING!!!

THANK YOU BUDDY VLASTRO. :)

• Good Morning Happy Monday

• Hi everyone,

Patsy, wow what a beautiful shower...everything looked wonderful....Your daughter is beautiful...she doesn't even look pregnant!!!!!

Hi Anna, Terry and Prodigalson

have a great day!!!!

• Had to get another password and try to get back on. This is why I was gone for so long. Too much work. lol

Today David is gone 14 years. happy Anniversary in heaven...

• Hi..Patsy-looks like it was a great baby shower..your daughter is beautiful..Jessica is doing fine.her due date is around May 1..she's going back to work tomorrow (the govt. closed the Head Start program where she works Friday afternoon)....looking forward to a 3 day weekend..hi to Terry & Judy..Patsy-loving DWTS..Valerie Harper left tonite. I love her..I think the show is great..can't decide who's the best..too early..weather getting cooler..Debbie & Patsy u must be enjoying it..(it's in the 40's at night here)..hi Terry...talk to u soon........bye

• Oh I missed who left last night. Wish she could have stayed longer..She is such an inspiration I love Valerie Harper.

Beautiful day here in Staten Island. Wish the weather would stay like this.

• Good Morning..Happy Wednesday

• GOOD MORNINJG, FRIENDS :)

THANX,JUDY.. SHE LOOKS PREGNANT ONLY FROM THE SIDE.

I CARRIED THE SAME WAY WITH MY SON JASON.

HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU. HOW IS CRYSTAL??

SEND MY LOVE TO BOBBY & KISS BABY SAL FOR ME. XX

HI ANNA..I AM VERY UPSET THAT VALERIE HARPER LEFT. I WAS HOPING THEY WOULD KEEP HER A LITTLE LONGER.

THE WEATHER IS COOL HERE, TOO. I LOVE THE FALL!!

MAY 1, WILL BE BERFORE YOU KNOW IT.. ONCE THE HOLIDAYS GO, THE DAYS FLY BY!! TAKE CARE & TALK TO YOU, SOON..

HI CUZ..SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU ON HERE!!

LOVE YA, XX

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!

• 'HAPPY ANNIVERSARY IN HEAVEN, CUZ DAVID'.

CANNOT BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN THIS LONG.

XX

• Good night sweet dreams

• Good Morning Happy Thursday

• Good morning all....

Rainy here for the next few days but at least its cool.

Patsy...Natalie looks great!!! Love the pictures.

Terry...Happy Anniversary in Heaven David.

Anna...I'm loving this cool weather lol rain and all

Hi Judy :-)

• Good Morning and Happy Friday

• Good Night All Have a great weekend...

• night to all lost my post

HAPPY SUNDAY!!

HAD A FLEA MARKET YESTERDAY WITH MY DAUGHTER NATALIE & SOME NEIGHBORS. IT WENT WELL. WEATHER WAS PERFECT FOR IT!! GOT RID OF SO MUCH STUFF!! MADE SOME $$$ & ALL IS WELL..

NEXT ONE WILL BE IN THE SPRING.

DOING LAUNDRY NOW, PERFECT WEATHER TO HANG ON LINE & THAN GOING FOOD SHOPPING. MAKING RAVIOLI, SALAD & MEATBALLS

IN SAUCE.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY & THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE OFF TOMORROW FROM WORK..ENJOY!!!

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY!!! :)

• Good Morning and Happy Sunday to all

• good night sweet dreams

• Good Morning All

Happy Monday

Have a great day

• Good night sweet dreams..

• Hi everyone. had the day off today..so Jessica & I went out for breakfast..I had a dr.'s appt. this afternoon. had a cough for awhile so had to ck it out..got new meds & a chest xray..don't want to be sick when I go to Hawaii in 3 weeks..the girls & Justin are taking me out to dinner on Thursday for my birthday (the guys belong to some Judo club on Thursdays) but that's okay..it was 33 this morning so fall is in full swing with possible flurries this weekend..oh well, it was bound to happen..Patsy-DWTS was great tonite..anyway, good night..talk to u soon..........bye

• Good Morning Happy Tuesday. May your day be filled with laughter and lots of love..

• Today's Inspirational Quote (Tue, 15 Oct 2013)

Pain is a pesky part of being human, I've learned it feels like a stab wound to the heart, something I wish we could all do without, in our lives here. Pain is a sudden hurt that can't be escaped. But then I have also learned that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing. Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. But then healing feels like the wind against your face when you are spreading your wings and flying through the air! We may not have wings growing out of our backs, but healing is the closest thing that will give us that wind against our faces.

• Hi Anna,

Hope u feel better. I had that cough and now I am better..Still coughing once and awhile.

Have a great day and week

• Good night Sweet dreams

• Good Morning have a great Wednesday

• Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful fall weather...

Hi to Terry, Patsy and Anna and everyone else.....have a great day...

Where the heck is Warren??????

• Good night sweet dreams

• Yes where is Warren???

This discussion has been closed.