Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued) - Page 8 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued)

Comments

• MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE WHO READ AND SUPPORT THIS BLOG.

LOVE, PEACE, AND HAPPINESS TO ALL

• Hi Bloggers:

We want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year. Without the health we have nothing.

Patsy: The Giants are going down. Andrea and her boyfriend are also at the game and he is a gianat fan and she is for the jets. Kenny instilled that into them when they were babies. She said only one of them are coming home. It should be a great game. Love to you all. Tell Gino I was asking for him. LOVE.........

• Hi Everyone

I just want to wish All of you a Merry Christmas and for those of you that dont celebrate have a Beautiful weekend hopefully with people you love and vice versa!

Ive been cooking all day and we're finally about to eat....I could really pass on the food and just go lay down!

ANTHONY.... I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU CAN FINALLY SEE AGAIN....NOW MAYBE I COULD FINISH SLAPPING THE CRAP OUT OF YOU WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY....(WINK)

Freddy ....I hope you and your wife are feeling much better and the same for Warren & Carol

Hi Jerry, Jeanette and all the LaGreca's ...wishing you all a Blessed Holiday

Judy....Hugggs!

Patsy ...thank you for my beautiful card! xoxo

Joe ... love the songs and pics. Now try to do the song I love! (just kidding...maybe Im not!) LOL

Terry miss ya! Miss all of you!

• Hi Suzie.....Merry Christmas to you....

AND

...Your Request is my command.....

...You Will be Seeing your song up here in a day or two....I Promise

• merry christmas to all on this blog...suzie so nice to hear from you....patsy and family..terry and mike..debbie....judy..anthony joe pinto...warren and carol...and all the lagrecas wish you all a healthy new year

those i missed forgive me im old.

• MERRY CHRISTMAS

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES......

• 'MERRY CHRISTMAS, FRIENDS' :santa:

TO EVERYONE ON HERE & BACK GROUND READERS.. HAVE A

WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS & A SAFE ONE..

I AM EXHAUSTED FROM ALL THE SHOPPING & COOKING, BUT WE

ARE BLESSED & WE ARE VERY GRATEFUL..

DONNA.. I GUESS THE J-E-T-S WENT DOWN.. LOL.. I FORGOT TO

MENTION, TONIANN'S BOYFRIEND IS A JETS FAN, SO SHE

WAS THRILLED TO BE AT THE GAME & THE GIANTS KICKED BUTT..

'GO BLUE'.. FUNNY THING, 2 GUYS (GIANTS FANS),SITTING BEHIND TONIANN & CHRIS, TAPPED TONIANN ON THE SHOULDER & TOLD HER SHE

SHOULD FIND A NEW BOYFRIEND..LOL

TONIANN & CHRIS EACH HAD

ON THEIR TEAMS JERSY.. ( MANNING #10, OF COURSE FOR TONIANN)&

REVIS # 24 FOR CHRIS..)

SHE HAD A BLAST.. CAME HOME SO HAPPY.. HER FIRST PRO FOOTBALL GAME..

DONNA, SEND MY LOVE TO MOM, KENNY, ANDREA, LESLIE & FAMILY &

EXTENDED FAMILY.. TALK TO YOU SOON.. LOVE YA, XX

AGAIN..ALL, HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY & ENJOY :santa:

• TO MY DAD:

2ND ANNIVERSARY IN HEAVEN.. & MERRY CHRISTMAS..

LOVE & MISS YOU..XX

• Hi everyone...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Wow this has been a very busy and hectic week.....Between baking, shopping, cleaning and cooking I'm exhausted!!!

Made 5 different cookies and Struffoli....now time for Christmas dinner...

• Patsy...glad you liked the card and happy 2nd anniversary to your dad. 12/18 was my dad's anniversary, I can't believe he's gone so long :|

• Hello and Merry Day After Christmas or returns day. Just got back from returning a pair of Carol's slacks that I bought her. Of course the replacements cost $12 and change extra. Oh well. At least these fit her properly. I wear whatever people give me whether they fit or not. But then again, I am a man...Carol has found that the sizes vary greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer. Alfred Dunner size 6P are a completely different fit then other brands.

She took 3 different sizes into the changing room and came out with the 6P and she said they fit well. Women, you sure are a problem. Can't live with them & can't live without them... :-({|=

• GOOD AFTERNNON, FRIENDS :)

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS DAY!!!

WE WENT TO MY SISTER ROBYN'S

(ABOUT 20 FAMILY MEMEBRS WERE THERE.)..WE HAD A BLAST. IT WAS A VERY NICE BITTERSWEET CHRISTMAS.

I AM GOING TO TRY TO POST SOME PIX OF OUR BEAUTIFUL PUPPY,

'ACE GUNNER'.. WHAT A GREAT PUPPY..

C U ALL, LATER.. :)

• ACE SHOULD BE ON A GQ COVER FOR PUPPIES.. LOL :cheers:

• Hey Patsy, We have some cute Alligators down here that Ace could play with. Uh Oh, they may decide that he could make a nice snack!!! He is a cute mutt. I guess dogs are like babies. Everyone thinks that they have the cutest one. :-00

On Sunday we have to hope that Eli has his game face on. When he goes off, he usually shows it in his expressions. The defense has to concentrate on upsetting Tony Romo. If he gets rattled he will throw interceptions and fumble plenty. Maybe the Giants can upset the Dallas wacky defensive co-ordinator. When he goes off the deep end, the Dallas Defense plays worse. :compress:

• WOW HAPPY DAY AFTER XMAS EVERYBODY

I WAS SO BUSY AND I ENJOYED EVERY MIN. OF IT

ALL WENT OFF GREAT

GOT SOME COOL STUFF

BUT SEEING THE KIDS OPENING THERE GIFTS

WAS PRICELESS

XMAS DAY WE WENT TO 12 AVE TO SEE THE LIGHTS

FIRST TIME FOR ME IN 3 YEARS

IT WAS THE BEST

TO SEE ALL THE PEOPLE WITH THE SMILES ON THERE FACES

MAN I ALMOST STARTED TO CRY

THIS IS THE BEST YEAR I HAD IN A LONG TIME

WELL I WILL BE SEEING YOU ALL SOON

• Hi Anthony..so glad you're feeling better...hope everyone had a great Christmas...Tina had her 1st Christmas dinner at her new home..(1st time ever I didn't have to cook-I loved it) with my son, Jessica & Steve, Scott and Justin..we had such a great time...snow tomorrow morning but it was beautiful the whole weekend in the 40's...had post-Christmas dinner at my friend's house tonite..it was so much fun...well, back to work tomorrow...goodnight..talk to us soon....

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

STILL TRYING TO RECUPERATE AFTER THE LONG WEEKEND..

HAD FUN, THOUGH..

UMBRIA..THOSE HOSUE DECORATED UP IN DYKER HEIGHTS ARE

AMAZING.. WE WENT LAST WEEK TO SEE THEM..SO GORGEOUS!!

GLAD TO YOU WENT & WERE ABLE TO APPRECIATE THEM WITH YOUR NEW EYES 8O SEND MY LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY..XX

ANNA..GOOD FOR YOU THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO COOK.

IT'S ALWAYS GREAT WHEN THE KIDS COOK FOR US..

HI WARREN.. MY PUPPY IS THE CUTEST!!! HE IS A FULL BRED YORKIE & YES, IT IS DEFINITLEY LIKE HAVING ANOTHER CHILD.

I DON'T HAVE ANY GRANDCHILDREN YET, SO I ADORE THIS

LITTLE PUP..HE LOVES UNCONDITIONALLY..

HOPE YOU & CAROL HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS & HOPE THE

BOTH OF YOU ARE FEELIONG GOOD!!

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER.. XX :santa:

• Good Morning Everyone,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.....we all went to moms and had a great time....I have to brag a little because my husband and I got a really surprising and beautiful gift from my kids...they are sending us on a CRUISE in May!!!!!!!!! We couldn't believe it....can't wait.

Anthony - So happy you had a great Christmas, you sound so happy and I am so happy for you.

Patsy - Ace is ADORABLE!!!!! I hope I love my grandkids like I love my Yorkie!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Anna - Glad you had a good Christmas...I am sure your daughter had a wonderful time cooking in her new home.

Hi Warren, Debbie and everyone else...

Have a great day..

• Hey Anthony, No question about it. Your eyesight back is the best Christmas present you could ever get. I like your analogy of the best thing being watching the kids open their gifts. We talked to each of our children Christmas day and my two boys and their families were together at my one son's house. They get together each year. Christmas eve at one house and Christmas day at the other. My Daughter was going to her in-laws with her husband and her two children. Both her kids are in College and got home for the Christmas break. Family is everything, especially at Christmas time. We miss them of course but we do like it here in Florida. When we first moved here we would go North for Christmas and the kids took turns coming down here for summer vacation. Time changes everything and with our Grandchildren ranging in age from 8 to 20, each wants to do there own thing.With 3 in college, 1 in H.S. & 3 in Grammar schools their parents lives have changed dramatically. They all keep in touch with us and when we needed one of them to be here during my Heart Surgery my Daughter dropped everything and came down here for a week to help Carol. The love is close by even though the miles seperate us geographically. :sunny:

• Update: Carol was able to cook & enjoy Christmas dinner. We had a Turkey breast, Stuffing (my favorite part of the meal)& Mashed Potaoes & Gravy. I had peas & Carol had salad. Her system is doing pretty good after a rough week before Christmas. My Ticker still flutters sometimes but they told me to expect that. So far the A-Fib is staying away.

We will not know if Carol will need surgery on her Paraesophagul Hernia until January 27th when she sees her Gastro Doc again. They will not take me off Coumadin or the Heart Meds until at least 6 months free of problems.Right now we are both doing pretty well, enjoying our Christmas gifts and waiting for the floor guy to come and replace faulty Vinyl in the Master bath. :bigsmurf:

• HI WARREN.. GALD YOU & CAROL ARE BOTH FEELING GOOD!!

STUFFING IS MY FAVORITE PART OF THE MEAL, TOO.

I AM COOKING A BIG TURKEY DINNER NEW YEAR'S DAY.

:D-Y

HI JUDY.. WHAT A GREAT GIFT!!! YOU GUYS DESERVE IT. :-)

YES, I ALWAYS SAY.. " WILL I LOVE MY GRANDCHILDREN AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY GRAND DOGGIE" .. LOL

TALK TO YOU, SOON... :)

• HI WARREN GLAD TO HERE YOU AND CAROL HAD A GOOD XMAS

ALSO GLAD TO HERE TO BOTH ARE FEELING SOMEWHAT BETTER

KEEP IT UP

HI FRED NICE TO HERE FROM YOU HOPE ALL IS WELL

AND YOU AND YOUR WIFE HAD A GOOD XMAS

WHAT WEATHER LAST NIGHT!! THOSE WINDS WERE INCREDIBLE..

NOT TOO BAD TODAY...

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY YOUR DAY.. :santa:

• Good Morning Everyone,

Weather isn't too bad today, yesterday we had so much rain and wind...

Hi Patsy, Anthony, Warren, Debbie, Fred, Suzie, Anna and everyone else......

Have a great day...

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN DRITTO.....

glitter-graphics.com

'happy birthday, karen'

have a great day!!!

• HELLO, HOPE YOU ALL HAD A "MERRY CHRISTMAS" -- WE HAD A GREAT TIME WITH FAMILY, THE GRANDKIDS ENJOYED OPENING THEIR GIFTS FROM SANTA. OUR TEMPS HAVE BEEN MILD BUT WE DID HAVE A BAD RAINSTORM LAST NIGHT.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAYS TO ALL THOSE I HAVE MISSED.

GOOD HEALTH TO ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HI MARYANN!!! ENJOY YOUR NEW YEAR.. XX

Brr... COLD OUTSIDE...BUT WILL BE IN THE 50'S FOR

THE WEEKEND.. CRAZY WEATHER..

I AM A LITTLE TIRED THIS MORNING.. HAD COMPANY FROM

7:30 LAST NIGHT UNTIL 11:15..I'M USUALLY IN BED

BY THAT TIME!! LOL.. BUT WE HAD ALOT OF LAUGHS.

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER.. :)

• HI GUYS.. BILLY BROWN JUST CALLED ME TO WISH ME

A HAPPY NEW YEAR.. WAS NICE SPEAKING WITH HIM..

HE SAID TO SAY HELLO TO ALL OF YOU. HE IS DOING WELL. HE IS RETIRED & LOVING IT..HE SAYS HE ALWAYS BUSY THOUGH. :-)

HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A NICE DAY!!! :rendeer:

WHERE IS EVERYONE??

I AM THE ONLY ONE POSTING.. LOL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Good Morning,

Been a little crazy, we decided to have some people over tonight so all week I have been trying to get ready...and still work......

Glad its Friday.

• Hi Patsy, Did you work all week too?

We really need to hit the lottery.....lol lol

• Good Morning-quick typeby-have a 3 day weekend & .just wanted to wish everyone a Happy & Healthy New Year..talk to u next year....bye

• Hi Patsy,

Okay, see you are not alone. Anna came on as well as Judy and now little old me.

I do not know how to post the pretty pictures you guys do but I can wish you all a Happy, Healthy New Year for 2012.

We will have a quiet New Years eve which has been the case for several years now. We used to either have a big party or go out but not lately.

Carol had a couple of rough days but is doing fairly well again. Aside from me being grouchy, I am feeling pretty good. Still get fatigued quickly when trying to do anything. Also have some shortness of breath. Otherwise pretty good. :jocolor:

• Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year. Let this year be better for us all and bring good health to all that needs it. Love to all from me and Kenny.

• Hi Donna, Happy New Year to you and Kenny too!!!

Warren and Carol, lets hope 2012 brings you both good health and peace

Happy New Year!!!!!

• HI GUYS..

SO GLAD YOU GUYS CAME ON..

WARREN..I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU & CAROL ARE DOING WELL FOR

THE MOST PART.. MY HUSBAND & I WERE INVITED TO 2 DIFFERENT

HOUSE PARTIES, BUT WE ARE STAYING HOME..WE HAVE NOT GONE

OUT FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS ON THE EVE.. WE LIKE TO BE HOME, PUT OUT OUR OWN FOOD & SNACKS & WATCH DICK CLARK'S

ROCKING EVE. SOME OF OUR NEIGHBORS STOP IN & OUT & IT'S ALL GOOD.. I AM COOKING A TURKEY SUNDAY FOR DINNER, B/C I WENT TO MY AUNT'S ON THANKSGIVING & DID NOT MAKE A TURKEY, SO I AM MAKING A HUGE DINNER THIS SUNDAY FOR MY FAMILY & A FEW

GUESTS. ENJOY, MY FRIEND!!!

HI JUDY.. HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR & SEND MY LOVE TO BOBBY

& FAMILY.XX

DONNA & KENNY.. 2 OF MY DEAREST FRIENDS. PLEASE HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR..SEND MY LOVE TO ANDREA, LSESLIE & FAMILY

& TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK.. LOVE YA, MUCHO XX :-)

HI ANNA...HAPPY NEW YEAR!! ENJOY & LET'S HOPE WE ALL

HAVE A BETTER YEAR THIS YEAR!!! LOVE TO ALL ON YOUR END..

• Hi-will be babysitting Justin tomorrow night (kids are going to Chicago & staying over) so Cody & I will be watching Rockin' Eve down in Tina's house..will be home on Sunday..to Patsy, Judy, Warren & Carol, and anyone I may have missed-HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!! and be safe!!!

• Happy New year Everyone......

Still not feeling too good....Laying low, trying to get well.

Best Wishes for every body in the new year.

• Happy & Healthy New Year to All!

Patsy...love the pics of Ace....he is so precious!

Karen Happy Birthday again!

Hi Donna

Joe feel better!

• Happy New Year to all who reads this blog

lets hope 2012 will bring nothing but good news

to us all, wishing you health & happiness in the

New Year

• Happy New Year to all. Let this year bring everyone good health and happiness. The money can come later. Love to you all and see you next year. LOVE..........

• Hey Joe, Whatsamatta? Hope you feel better and go into the New Year with Gusto & Enthusiasum!

I remember so well what New Years Eve was like in the Slope. We could go out in the evening but we had to be home at Midnight for a family toast. Then we could go out again and visit friends. People went from house to house to greet each other and have a drink and maybe a snack. While most had little, they shared it with all comers. One of our stops was at the Brown house.There are a few people here on the blog know who I mean. Ma Brown gave me my first taste of wine. Just a little in the botom of the glass. Of course by being out we missed some of the people who stopped at our house but my Mother would fill us in about who stopped by. At Midnite (after the family toast) we would go outside and bang pots & pans (my Mother guarded her good ones). Real noisemakers were unheard of and too expensive. When we got home for good we would listen on the radio as midnight occured across the country. When California chimed in at 3AM our time, that was it. Off to bed. I am afraid that many of today's kids do not know what "make do" means. they get all the fancy gadgets and seem to think that it was always like that. Happy New Year to you all.... :geek: =DB

• HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY PARK SLOPER FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

I WISH ALL GOOD HEALTH...HAPPINES...LOVE...AND PEACE...LETS BRING THE NEW YEAR IN THE RIGHT WAY...WHEN WE WERE KIDS BANGING THE POTS AND PANS,LIKE WE DID IN PARK SLOPE...

BE SAFE...LOVE TO ALL !!

• WISHING EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR...MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE....

• imageglitter-graphics.com

Hi everyone.....I want to wish a very Happy and Healthy New Year's to all......

• TO ALL THE PARK SLOPE BLOGGERS

HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR

JOEY P.FEEL BETTER

• Hi, This is posted on 'back when'It was suggested that I post it here also.

My great grandfather, John Bruno, had a grocery store on the corner of 6th ave & 17th st until it was taken (bought)for the construction of the Prospect Expressway.

That's when he came to live with us on east 5 st and ave U.

He died in 1957.

Does anyone remember?

• Happy New yea All Love and Miss u. Umbria and Patsy.. Thanks for always calling me and caring..

• PATSY MIELE KIRK said:

HI GUYS.. BILLY BROWN JUST CALLED ME TO WISH ME

A HAPPY NEW YEAR.. WAS NICE SPEAKING WITH HIM..

HE SAID TO SAY HELLO TO ALL OF YOU. HE IS DOING WELL. HE IS RETIRED & LOVING IT..HE SAYS HE ALWAYS BUSY THOUGH. :-)

HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A NICE DAY!!! :rendeer:

I met his sister Elaine in the Christmas tree store friday.

• A New Years Eve memory. Mommy and Grandma frying up sausage at 12 and banging pots out the window...Crazy Family. People still bang pots in Brooklyn.

• Hey, if this works you will see that I am all set for tonights game....

Attached files image
  • Oh well, it was a picture of me in my GIANTS Comfy Huddler. My daughter gave it to me for Christmas. I do not have much luck uploading pictures.

• LETS GO GIANTS

• Warren I can't upload here but I go t photobucket and upload and copy and paste here.

• me and the girls..

Attached files image
  • see warren I went n browse and it will not upload my photo. this is such a pain. Now I have to go to photobucket , upload and send from there.

• Hey Terry,

Did you have to pinch the baby? Poor thing is crying up a storm!!!! [-X

• HI GUYS!!!

JOEBROOXX..HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER BY NOW.XX

HOPING EVERYONE HAD A GREAT NEW YEAR..I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY

COOKING & ENTERTAINING GUESTS.I AM WIPED OUT.

CAN'T COMPLAIN.. IT'S A GOOD TIRED..

CUZ..THE GIRLS. LOOK BEAUTIFUL.. IS THAT PUPPY,

LILY IN THE PICTURE???

HI TO ANNA, JUDY, WARREN & FRED, THE LA GRECAS & BRUNO FAMILY.

..XX HOPE YOU'ALL ARE FEELING GOOD.

HI SUZIE..,THANX.. ACE IS ADORABLE & SPEAKING OF ADORABLE

HOW IS MAX..??

I KNOW JAMES & SAMANTHA HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS!!!

COME BACK ON HERE, SOON..XX

DEB!! I'LL CALL YOUTHIS WEEK..

HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER..

• Happy New Year everyone..want to wish a Happy Birthday to my Dad in heaven (Jan.1)...Terry-the picture is adorable...had my sleepover with Justin (& Cody) Sat.nite...Jessica & Steve just left (they're going to register at the stores for the wedding)I'm going power-shopping with my gift cards today..dusting of snow outside..very pretty..down to 14 degrees last night..winter is finally here!!! Have a nice day everyone....Bye

• Hi Warren

Looks like I was killing the kid. lol

Patsy my love,

Yes it was Lily trying to get in the picture, lol

Hi Anna,

Happy Birthday in heaven to your Dad.

Sleepovers are fun..

Did Zumba this morning. I really dragged my rear end to the gym. So very tired. Had the family again for dinner yesterday. A lot of work but we love it. Family is important so I like to keep us close like the old days...Have a great day.

• Here is a better one. Aria is not crying. lol

• she looks exactly like her big sister GORGEOUS PICS BIG MOMMA!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

• hyhy7464 said:

she looks exactly like her big sister GORGEOUS PICS BIG MOMMA!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

Hi my slugger I miss ya...Happy New Year

• I miss u too big momma

lets get together again soon

• Terry she is soooo cute!!! They both are!!!

I guess everyone is happy the Giants won lol Ok back to school and work tomorrow except Kati...college goes back around the 24th of January.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays, I know I did although I was a little under the weather with my back and neck these last 3 days. I'm sure with tomorrow's cold weather it wont get much better 8O

HI HELEN.. HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD NEW YEAR!!

LOVE YOUR TEXT MESSAGES IN THE MOFNING!! TALK TO

YOU, SOON..XX

HI CUZ.. ARIA DOES LOOK JUST LIKE MIA. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!

LILI IS SO ADORABLE..YES, I TRY TO KEEP THE HOLIDAYS

WITH FAMILY TOGETHER TOO, JUST LIKE BACK IN THE DAY, THE WAY

WE GREW UP.!! LOVE YA, MUCHO XX

YES, DEB!! SO HAPPY THE GIANTS WON.. (GO BLUE)..LET'S KEEP

OUR FINGERS CROSSED.. :cheers:

ANNA.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DAD IN HEAVEN!! [-oB [-oB

HAVE FUN SHOPPING..

EVERYONE, STAY WARM.. IT IS REALLY COLD OUT THERE!!

C U ALL, LATER..

BTW, ANYONE WATCH 'THE BACHELOR' LAST NIGHT?? THAT BEN

IS JUST TOO CUTE. SO GLAD THEY PICKED HIM FOR THE BACHELOR THIS SEASON.. WHAT A TRULY NICE GUY..

• Good Morning Everyone,

Well back to work....Holidays are over....hoping everyone has a wonderful 2012....

Terry -Your grandkids are so adorable.....

Cold out there today..

Have a great day!!!

• I am still basking in the Giant victory but not in the Florida warmth. There "aint none". Very cold last night and this morning and it may drop into the high 20's tonight. Bring in the Brass Monkeys.... 8-[

FREEZING OUT THERE.. :bounce:

HAVE A GREAT DAY & STAY WARM.. :-)

• Hey you Northerners,

Keep your damned cold air up there. It is freezing here in Florida and it is going below freezing again tonight. There will be plenty of shrubs & plants biting the dust. January is not the best time to come to Florida despite what the Travel Agents & Chamber of Commerce tells you. Yes, we have sunshine but it would not melt a "Bungalow Bar". Remember them folks? If you got an Ice Cream stick that had Bungalow Bar written on the wood, you got a free one next time he came to your block. Did not happen too often.

I am already getting psyched about the Giants playoff game on Sunday. If Eli can keep playing like he has lately and the defense stands up, they will win!!! :bounce:

• Bungalow Bar was my favorite, until I left the Bronx at age 7 and moved far upstate, where it did not exist.

I miss it still!

HI WARREN.. YES, BUNGALOW BAR..VAGUELY I REMEMBER.

I REMEMBER GOOD HUMOR.. WAITED FOR THOSE BELLS TO

RING EVERY NIGHT..LOL

NOT AS COLD OUT TODAY LIKE IT HAS BEEN.

ENJOY YOUR DAY, PEOPLE.. :-)

glitter-graphics.com

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JASON'

LOVE YOU LOTS, MOM...XXOOXX

• I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE A 37 YR OLD SON.. Sheesh..

WHERE DID TIME GO???

• Good Morning,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON...HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

A little warmer today, we had a little dusting of snow this morning, looked so pretty, but glad its gone...LOL

Have a great day.

• Happy Birthday Jason!!! Patsy it was great running into you you :wink: We live so close and never see each other lol We'll get together soon.

Warren I heard Florida was really cold...stay warm and stay in!!

Judy...no snow here but I would have liked some...lol

• HI GUYS..

THANX, JUDY & DEB!!! DEB. I KNOW. YOU HAD YOUR DR'S APPT. WHEN WE WERE PLANNING TO GET TOGETHER A FEW WEEKS AGO.. BUT WE TALK ON THE PHONE ALL THE TIME..WE WILL SET SOMETHING UP FOR NEXT WEEK HOPEFULLY. XX

JUDY.. NO SNOW HERE.. BUT LIKE DEB, I WOULD HAVE ENJOYED

SEEING SOME HERE. I'M WAITING FOR OUR FIRST REAL

BIG STORM... :cheers:

JOEBROOXX..WHERE ARE YOU?? HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER BY NOW.XX

TONIANN IS BAKING A SHEET CAKE WITH DARTH VADER (STAR WARS) ON IT FOR JASON. HE IS STILL A KID AT HEART WHEN IT COMES TO STAR WARS.. HE JUST LOVES THOSE MOVIES.. LOL

(WISH HE'D FIND A WIFE)..LOL

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT. XX :-)

• The weirdest thing about getting cold down here is the people who deny it! The snow birds try to walk around in shorts & sleveless shirts & blouses. Year round people dress according to the temps. I figure 1/2 of the birds only bring what you see them wearing and the other 1/2 are in denial. They came to Florida for warm sunshine in the winter and refuse to admit we have deep cold spells. Granted, our winters are much shorter then up north and we do not get snow but we do have nights & some days in the 30's or even 20's in January, early February and the end of December. Also when you live here year round your blood thins and you feel the cold more.

Went to the Hard Rock Casino today. Lost a litle but had fun. When we were leaving about 3:30pm the place was getting packed. I asked some of the workers if they knew why so many people they had no idea, but the Valet Car driver told us they had been pouring in since noon???? On a Thursday??? Unemployment is 10% in this part of Florida and salaries here do not match those up North. Where is the money to gamble coming from??? :scratch:

NOT TOO BAD OUT THERE TODAY. TOMORROW 50 DEGREES.

SUZIE..THANX SO MUCH FOR YOUR NEW YEAR'S CARD. I DON'T

GET TOO MANY OF THEM.. I LOVE IT!!!

COME ON HERE SOON & SAY HELLO.. HOPE ALL IS WELL.

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :-)

(MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU) :santa:

• Hi All.

Merry Little Christmas.The Epiphany..The Three Kings.

Watching the kids today but told them Lori will come at 1pm so I can go to the gym.

Went to Anderson Cooper show yesterday and had fun in the city. It was cold. Took the ferry and the train.

Happy New Year to all...

Stay warm Warren
    I heard it is cold in Florida..

Have a great day. Will see Franny tonight. Will take photos.

• hi every one i finaly got back on . iwish you all a beleaded xmas and new year .hows my anthony doing ?suzie hope every is fine with your family .warren how you and carol doing?terry old girl, keep on moving you will make 100 years old for sure [spit 3 times ]jewish take off evil eyes. hello sister jeanette brother jerry god bless all

• hi sister rose today is a special day for me and nancy

today we celabrate our 60th,anniversary i have been very

fortunate to find that new england treasure.hope you are feeling better ...fradello

• HAPPY 60TH ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND NANCY !!

WHAT NO PARTY ?? OR MAYBE I WASEN'T INVITED ??

MANY MORE, AND GOD BLESS YOU...LOVE BABY SISTER !!

• HI GUYS...

JERRY & NANCY HAPPY 60TH!! WOW.. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH.

JERRY I KNEW YOU WERE A KEEPER.. LOL.. LOVE YA, XX

CUZ..KISSES TO FRANNY FOR ME. & HI TO PHYLIIS.

HI ROSIE & JEANETTE.. HOPE YOU 2 GIRLS ARE WELL

& RAISING HELL. LOL

C U ALL, LATER. :-)

• Okay Terry, the cold spell finally broke. Beautiful this afternoon after 4 or 5 days of freezing temperatures. Was in the 70's today finally! Do not know how many crops were lost. They spray the Strawberry Plants with water when it reaches 32 degrees and that keeps them safe. The Gulf water is 58 degrees. That is too cold for swimming or wading.

Jerry, congrats to you & your wife on your 60th. You are just a few years ahead of Carol & I. We will celebrate our 52nd in June.

Rose, I am happy to say that at this moment Carol only has some back pains and is eating okay. At her next appointment with the Gastro Dr.,later this month, we will find out what the next step is for her digestive problems. I get very tired easily but otherwise am doing okay. Glad to see you back.

Met several Giant fans wearing Giant shirts, hats etc;, in Publix today. Do not know where they have been hiding all season??? :clown:

glitter-graphics.com

HI WARREN & ALL US GIANTS FANS OUT THERE!!!

SUNDAY, WILL BE ALMOST LIKE A SUPER BOWL SUNDAY..

ALL THE EXCITEMENT & ANTICIPATION..

'LETS GO BLUE' :cheers:

• Hi Rosie, Jeanette and Jerry,

Love and Miss you guys.

Just got back from seeing Franny. She looks great.

Good Night Sweet Dreams

• jerry lagreca said:

hi sister rose today is a special day for me and nancy

today we celabrate our 60th,anniversary i have been very

fortunate to find that new england treasure.hope you are feeling better ...fradello

Jerry Happy Anniversary to you and your beautiful Wife......wow 60 yrs .....pretty special!

• PATSY MIELE KIRK said:

I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE A 37 YR OLD SON.. Sheesh..

WHERE DID TIME GO???

Patsy wish Jason a Happy Belated Birthday from me!

• Hi Everyone...

Rosie thanks for caring....lots of hugggs!

Terry Im so glad you got to see some of the girls tonight....you all look gorgeous as usual! Mia and Aria are so precious.....now ask them for a grandson! (wink)

ANTHONY and JOE where the heck are you both?

Have a good night everyone....

• hi ever one it's so beautful out ,and here i'm with the flue . i guess i have to have a couple of shots to shake this off.anthony where are you ?god bless you all

• thank you all for your well wishes....

it really has been a fantastic 60 yrs..and it seems like yesterday.that i took nancy who was from new england down to 21st. st ...talk about culture shock.till this very day she will remark about the love and welcoming people she met

it was 1951 welcome to the hood , it was just fanastic.

• Happy 60thb Anniversary Jerry and Nancy. My Mom gave birth to me in 1951. lol I am old.......ha ha The best of Health and Happiness for the future cause after those two wishes you can accomplish anything in life.

• Get together with Franny Bruno

Attached files image
  • here we go hope this works

This discussion has been closed.