Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued) - Page 9 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued)

Comments

• Me and my childhood friend Jamsey

• We look like or I look like I am doing sign language. lol

• So nice to see Festina, Franny, Terry and Carol together and Jamsey!!!! Seems like you all had a great time.

Happy 60th Anniversary Jerry and Nancy

Hi Rosie, Patsy, Terry, Suzie and Debbie......

I was in the mood to cook today, so I am making a chicken soup, and sausage and peppers.....Rosie, wish you lived closer, you could sure use some chicken soup with that flue.

Have a great day...so warm out!!!!

• Okay Judy,

I like my sausage & peppers with plenty of cooked onions. I like my Chicken Soup with crusty bread. What time should I be over?

Actually the best cure for the Flu is Canadian Club. if ir does not cure you you do not know the difference anyway. :flower:

• judy may be a little sausage and peppers with hot pepper will do it [1 order please]

• warren i remember the days when you came from a big family they used to straight the soup with hard italian bread to full up this was during 1930 to 1940 . boy it showed us how to save and leave comforable thank god .excuse my spelling i'll do the next past thing have a few canadian club i don't know the difference any way god bless you both

• Hey Rose, My Mother used to make a big pot of Chicken soup (not too much Chicken in it.) and put in on the back of the top of the Coal Stove. It would cook all night and the next day and we would have it for supper with plenty of bread & Lambrechts tub butter. I can still remember the aroma and great taste...

New Year, time for some "do you remember" stuff.

Do you remember: Going to Park Circle on a warm Sunday afternoon and watch baseball on one of the many fields. A Good Humor guy would come by with a cold pack on his back with the Ice Cream inside. I Loved the creamcicles.

Do you remember "stealing" a kiss on the Caterpiller ride in Steeplechase when the top came over the cars.

Do you remember the line outside the bars on Sunday because they did not open until 1pm. A lot of men went right from Church to the bar...

Do you remember Happy Feltons knothole gang TV show before or after the Dodger games...

Do you remember the biggest threat your Mother ever gave you "Just wait until your Father gets home"....

Do you remember getting a nickle for going to the store for a neighbor...(today the kids would say "what am I supposed to do with this".)

More later... :wtf:

• warren....i remember it well i played cyo basaball for st johns our church on 21st st.and park circle was the big leagues to us what a place 13 baseball diamonds in one park,

as for running errands for the people in the neighborhood,we did that also...everyone gave a nickel,but we use to fight over who would run errands for fina leone and family they were always very generous 1o cent min, and sometimes a quarter, the leones warren are the terry angelos

family and cousins who she visits with in florida.,,,as they say wonderful memories

• warren my brother jerry said all.but life was mostlyhelping mom with family chores,my mom started to teach me to cook at the age of 10 years old.on my first ,i saidto mom how much salt do i use ,she said judy for your self so i put one quarter box of salt.i'm sure jerry remembers take care

• Hooray Giants. BRING ON THE PACKERS. =DB

• HI GUYS!!

GREAT PIX CUZ...YOU ALL LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!!

FUNNY, I JUST HUNG UP WITH YOU ON THE PHONE & I

AM POSTING TO YOU... & JAMSEY LOOKS GREAT.

FEEL BETTER, I TOO, HAVE A COLD. I HAVE BEEN RELAXING

ALL DAY..WE ARE DOING CHINESE FOOD TONITE.. TOO WIPED

OUT TO EVEN COOK..

HI WARREN,, THOSE GIANTS ARE SOMETHING ELSE!! HOPE IT

STAYS THIS WAY FOR THEM..

HELLO TO THE LAGRECAS, & JUDY & SUZIE..YOU FINALLY CAME

ON.. THANX, YES, 37 YRS OLD. I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

I RECIEVD A VERY SPECIAL GIFT ON NEW YEAR'S..FOR YOU WHO

KNOW FLO & MIKE LASALLE (FLO IS ONE OF THE BLYNN SISTERS).

ANYWAY, MY SON JASON IS STILL BEST FRIENDS WITH THEIR SON

CHRIS (SINCE KINDERGARTEN), ANYWAY I WAS THEIR DAUGHTER

PATRICIA'S SPONSOR FOR CONFIRMATION, BACK IN THE DAY. NOW

PATRICIA'S DAUGHTER, ARIANA IS MAKING CONFIMATION IN MAY,

& THEY ASKED ME TO BE HER SPONSOR..OF COURSE, I ACCEPETD.

SO NOW I AM SPONSOR TO MOTHER & SOON TO BE TO HER DAUGHTER.

I AM HONORED..

2 HRS TO MOBWIVES..WHO WATCHES IT??? THESE LADIES ARE

SOMETHING ELSE.. LOVE THE SHOW..IT SO HAPPENS, MY

BROTHER AUGIE HUNG OUT WITH DRITA BEFORE SHE WAS MARRIED.

HE WAS FRIENDS WITH HER FRIENDS & MET HER THRU THEM.

HE SAID SHE WAS A TOGUH ONE BACK THAN TOO!!

EVERYONE..HAVE A GREAT NIGHT & C U ALL, TOMORROW..XX :)

• Hi all.....

Hit shoprite this morning for their can can sale and it wasn't as bad as I thought!!! lol

Hope everyone had a great weekend.....

I have to say I, like Patsy and Karen, love the colder weather but I'm certainly enjoying the low heating bills...lol

• Warren and Rose, too bad we all did not live near each other, I would have had you all over for dinner....

Patsy - What a great honor, mother and daughter....

Yes I do watch Mob Wives, and Drita is my favorite one....

Just got home from moms, brought her alot of chicken soup.....

Going to finally relax. Have a good night.

• Hi everyone..today was my only day off this week...so, guess what I made today? A big pot of chicken soup!!! Stayed home & cleaned all day, although the weather has been pretty nice..in the 40's & 50's all week...next weekend-3 days off for MLK holiday..can't wait...I'm watching Kim & Kourtney Take New York...getting hooked on this reality show! Well, have a nice night...bye

• good morning everyone does any one knows what happen to anthony.i hope every think fine with him .anthony were are youuuuuu"come out,come out,were ever you are,god bless all

• GOOD AFTERNOON, FRIENDS :)

NOT FEELING TOO WELL.. HAVE A BAD COLD. STAYING IN &

RESTING..

HI JUDY..I ACTUALLY ENJOY RENEE..SHE IS ALWAYS

PRETTY TRUTHFUL & CArLA IS MY FAVORITE. I THINK SHE

IS THE MOST LOGICAL & SANE ONE!!! LOL

GOOD SHOW, I LOVE IT!!

HI ROSIE & ANNA...HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :)

• PATSY I ALSO HAVE THE FLU .I GUESS IT'S GOING AROUND THE WHOLE COUNTRY. I HOPE YOU HAD A NICE HOLIDAY WITH FAMILY.I'M STILL TRYING TO GET OFF THE 10 LB.FROM THE FISH AND OTHER ITALIAN GOODES .BUT I'M WORKING ON IT .I THREW EVERY THING OUT ,THANK GOD T HAD THE COURAGE GOD BLESS YOU AND THE FAMILY

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

HI ROSIE.. HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER BY NOW.. YES, I DID HAVE THE FLU.. WAS IN BED FOR 3 DAYS..I FEEL A LITTLE BETTER

TODAY. I NEED TO GET SOME FRESH AIR..GOD BLESS YOU & TALK TO YOU, SOON.XX

HI TO ALL.. HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING OK..

HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER.. XX :-)

• Good Morning Everyone,

Patsy and Rosie, Hope you are both feeling better...

Been so busy at work.

Anthony - Where the hell are you???????

Have a great day...

• Sad day, taking down the Christmas tree & decorations. I did not have 1/4 of my usual decorations up but now I am trying to get everything in the right boxes. I have been accused of being over-organized. I have lists of every box (about 16) with each item stored in them. Now this year because of only using part of them there is confusion!!! Oh well, if that is the worst problem I have we would be sitting on top of the world. Had the car serviced ysterday, cost $220.00. Then I took Carol to Cheesescake Factory for lunch, another $35. It is one of the few restaurants where she knows exactly what to order and it does not upset her fragile system! Also stopped at the Brandon Hospital Business office for a copy of my Ablation Surgery paperwork. I know one thing. My surgeon did not major in spelling. As long as he knows what he is doing with my heart,I can live with him being a lousy speller.

Think I will make Chicken Cutlets Paemesan tonight along with baked ravioli>... :chef:

RAINY & WINDY.. WHAT A MORNING..

HI JUDY..YES, THANK YOU. I FEEL BETTER, BUT I'M NOT

PUSHING IT. HAVE A NICE DAY :-)

HI WARREN..I KNOW. I GET SAD TOO WHEN I TAKE DOWN MY

CHRSITAMS TREE, & DECORATIONS.

HOPE YOU & CAROL ARE DOING WELL..THAT DINNER SOUNDS

DELISH!!! :chef:

EVERYONE, STAY DRY & ENJOY!!! :-)

• Hello All,

There is an Old Scottish saying. I am sure I do not have it exactly correct but here is the gist of it: "The well laid plans of mice & men are off times gan aglee". By late afternoon Carols insides were acting up so all I made was a Shake & Bake Pork Chop & some instant mashed potatoes for me and two plain Chicken Wings for Carol. The Cutlets & Ravioli will have to wait for another day.

We had the rain & wind yesterday. Today seems to be shaping up pretty well but they are talking about some more cold damp weather coming up.One of my Grandchildren is being confirmed this evening in NJ and the family (my children & grandchildren) are attending. These are the times that it is hard being this far away from all of them. :geek:

• Hey, I have not done a solo act since I sang solo once in my Church in NJ. Is there anyone else out there????

Just a quick "do you remember": Do you remember the Easter Cross of Lillies in the Prospect Park Hot House and the line to see it stretched all around the building?...

When the Williamsburg Savings Bank was actually in the Williamsburg Savings Bank Building, still a landmark in Brooklyn today?....

Transfers on the Trolleys? You could travel all day for just one paid fare?.....

The smell and feel of the cool air when you passed the RKO Prospect on a hot summer day?...

When election day they had fires on every block in the neighborhood, right in the middle of the street?....

When just about all people respected and spoke highly of Policemen in NYC?...

More later :salut:

• Hi all....

Had a long day in the city with Kati. We went for a check up for her back. It's been 18months since her surgery and she's still having lower back pain. Dr gave her some anti-inflammatory's and wants a CT scan to see what's going on. Hopefully it's nothing.... 8O

Hope everyone is happy tomorrow is Friday!!!!

YES, WARREN...WILLIAMSBURG BLDG. (WITH THE CLOCK)IS STILL

A LANDMARK.. IF YOU SEE WILLIAMSBURG TODAY, IT IS ALL

CONDOMINIUMS. UNBELIEVABLE!! WOTH MILLIONS OF $$$$.

HOPE CAROL FEELS BETTER.. COLD & WINDY HERE TODAY.

T.G.I.F...PEOPLE.. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND & C U

ALL, LATER.. :-)

• HI DEB!!! I'M SURE KATI WILL BE OK..

TALK TO YOU, SOON.. :-)

• hello every one ,still feeling sick, i hope the spring comes faster,but any way i just want to say have a good week end keep warm and cuddle up with your love ones,god bless you all

• Hi Paatsy:

Hope you are feeling better. Kenny just put some pictures on the computer from Xmas and I thought I would show you the kids. I'll talk to you soon. Justin looks like a midget man. Everytime we see it we laugh. LOVE......

Attached files image image
  • Here they are again!

• Donna and Kenny

They are beautiful God Bless them.

• Hi Rosie My Love,

Feel better and stay warm. Love you much

• Patsy,

i never would watch mob wives but I did this season. so stupid, so crazy but it keeps you wanting to watch. BIG ANG I knew from 11th avenue when i had my store. she certainly did not look like that when I knew her fro Secrets Bar on 11 th avenue.

Renee lives right around the corner from me on Guyon Avenue. WHOPEEEEEEEE lol

• Hi everyone...well winter has finally arrived in Chicago!! had 7 inches of snow yesterday & today & it's going to be 6 degrees tonite...Patsy & Debbie-you'd love it here...have to go to work tomorrow..off on Monday..Jessica & I are going to do some wedding "stuff"...anyway, everyone have a great weekend...talk to u soon.........

• Good Morning All,

Hi Anna, Wedding stuff a lot of fun...

Well I am going to be taking it easy for at least a week.

Missed the lasr step in my basement on Tuesday night. Feeling much better and able to walk but the Doctor said I have a very bad sprain. No Zumba for 2 weeks. Could have been worse. I think Umbria's computer is down so his daughter told me on facebook. He is probably busy doing his albums on his new machine his wife bought him. He is transferring them onto cd's so he can put his albums away. He calls me every week. Hope all is well. I may just run out for a dunkin donuts coffee rather than make a pot and just relax. Not used to just relaxing always running..

Have a great day and all you New Yorkers stay warm while Warren is nice and comfy in the warm weather. lol

• Happy Birthday Rosa (who is also warm in Florida.)

• Thanks Patsy :wink:

Anna you're right I would love it :thumright:

• Terry, FYI Warren is NOT warm & comfy in Florida. The cold weather came back yesterday and this am was in the 40's. Now I know by NY standards 40 is not cold in January but here it is cold anytime! They are predicting a little warmer next week. We shall see. They lie a lot about the weather. As I have stated before, January is NOT a warm month in general in this part of Florida. No snow but it can get darn cold. At least no 30's or 20's like a couple of weeks ago predicted! I will admit that the beginning of this week was really beautiful and pretty comfy but it is getting even with us now. #-o

• Hi Everyone,

Well I have the best news ever, my daughter Crystal "GOT ENGAGED" last night...Her boyfriend Sal planned a very special evening with all the families included...He decorated a party room in the American Hotel in downtown Freehold that was fit for a princess...so romantic and beautiful and he invited the immediate families to be a part of it...we were in another room watching everything on video, we watched as they walked in and he got down on one knee and proposed, then the curtains were opened to unveil all of us being there...it was a very special night and I am so happy that we were all able to be a part of it. He has a wonderful family and I know my daughter will be very happy. I just want the best for them......

• I will post alot more pictures when I get them..

Attached files image
  • Donna and Kenny - Your grandchildren are precious.....

• Crystal and Sal's Engagement - January 13, 2012.

• Cont'd

• Cont'd

• Donna what beautiful grandchildren!!!

Judy I got the chills reading about Crystal's engagement.....how romantic!!!

• Judy-how exciting..congratulations to your daughter...what great pictures! Your daughter is beautiful...many years of happiness...looking for a dress for me for Jessica's wedding..we're going out on Monday...she'll be getting married in less than 4 months......time goes by so fast! Anyway, everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend..stay warm..bye.......

• Judy,

I am so excited for you and your family. This is a happy and fun time. Enjoy all the planning and happiness.

Warren,

Hope you have your footsie pj's on. lol

Did not go out yesterday with this sprained foot but they said it was COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.Have to go out today..going to church but I will be very careful...

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY...

DONNA & KENNY...JENNA & JUSTIN ARE GORGEOUS. HE DOES

LOOK LIKE A LITTLE MAN..WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER SOON.

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE GRANDCHILDREN.. LOVE YOU GUYS,

MUCHO..XX

CUZ..FEEL BETTER & TAKE IT SLOW..I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE

YOUR ZUMBA.XX (I KNOW I'M NUTS, BUT I LOVE THE SHOW)

IT IS VERY ENTERTAINING..ACTUALLY, RENEE IS MY FAVORITE.

SHE IS VERY HONEST & STRAIGHT FORWARD. THEY WERE HERE IN BAY RIDEG NOT TOO LONG AGO HAVING DINNER AT VESUVIO'S

RESTAURANT AROUND THE CORNER FROM ME. THEY WERE WELL

BEHAVED THAN FROM WHAT I HEARD..IT'S TRUE, YOU CANNOT PUT PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIKE EACH OTHER IN THE SAME ROOM AS ALCOHOL.

JUDY..CONGRATS!!! WHAT A VERY ENCHANTING EVENING. FIT FOR

A PRINCESS..CRYSTAL IS JUST BEAUTIFUL & I WISH HER & SAL

A WONDERFUL LIFE TOGETHER.. HAVE FUN WITH THE WEDDING PLANS..XX

ANNA..SPEAKING OF WEDDING PLANS.. HAVE FUN WITH JEESICA &

DOING ALL THE GOOD STUFF THAT GOES ALONG WITH PLANNING A

WEDDING.. TALK TO YOU, SOON..XX

(AND YES, ANNA, I WOULD HAVE ENJOYED THE SNOW)..LOL

WARREN..YES, MY FRIEND IS DOWN IN FT LAUDERDALE ON VACATION, & SHE SAID IT HAS BEEN COLD THERE, TOO. KEEP

WARM & LOVE TO CAROL..XX

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROSA.. MANY MORE..XX

EVERYONE..HAVE A GREAT DAY.. I NEED TO DO SOME LAUNDRY.

NATALIE & KEVIN ARE COOKING TODAY. THEY ARE MAKING

'PULLED PORK' & SOME SIDE DISHES.. LOVE ANY KIND OF PORK.

EVERYONE.. ENJOY YOUR DAY & C U ALL, LATER.. XX :)

• Terry, I am wearing my heavy winter PJ's and sleep with a warm comforter and in the evening I am using a GIANT's cuddly throw that you can put your arms into. This AM it was in the 30's and further north the high 20's. There was frost on the grass when I went out for the papers at about 7:30am.

I am going to pay a high compliment to those showing grandchildren pictures. They are ALMOST as good looking as my Grandchildren! :roll:

• Warren,

Mike bought me one of those blankets that heat up. I love it.

It is really cold. Went to church and it was freezing. My windows had ice on them.

Patsy,

I like Renee and Big Ang the best.

I will watch it cause it is entertaining lol

I am making a gravy today, I am making chicken meatballs. They really are good. Trying to watch our calories because Mike joined Biggest Loser with one of the churches out here.

Oh Boy He just called my tenants don't have heat in Brooklyn. He has to take 4 hours vacation time and leave work to go and fix the boiler. Oh well could be worse...

OH. Happy Birthday Grandma Tessie Angelo in heaven. Wow,,she passed in 1967 and two weeks later my Grandpa died. 1967 Where has time gone???? I remember we had a big snow storm in 67.

• GIANTS......GIANTS.....GIANTS

Those phony announcers on pregame on FOX all picked Green Bay to win except for Michael Strahan, he picked the Giants. After the game that was all forgotten and they acted like they all picked them!!! Th refs allowed Green Bay to play dirty and did not call fouls on them. One time a Giant player drops Rogers as he released the ball and they hit him for roughing the quarterback. Also the NO FUMBLE call which everyone thought was a fumble but the refs said no, he was down. Sounds like a conspiracy against the Giants but they won anyway. Rah... Rah... Rah... =DB

• Warren,

I wish I knew something about football but on facebook everyone was complaining. FUMBLE FUMBLE FUMBLE AND CURSING THE REF OUT LOL

Good Night Sweet dreams

• Good Morning,

What a weekend...so tired....can't believe I have to work today...would of loved to stay in bed all day....LOL

Terry - Hope you are feeling better, maybe its a sign for you to relax a little.

Anna - I may need some tips on "planning a wedding" LOL

Still don't know the date yet, hopefully they will let us know soon...just need to know if I have months or years to get ready...LOL

It is cold out there today...keep warm...

Haven't heard from Patsy, hopefully you have off and are relaxing...

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZIE!!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY

• Happy Birthday Suzie and My son Jonathan.

Where is Patsy????? After lunch with the aunts, uncles and Cuzzies I will call her.

Have a Great Day

• Happy Birthday Jonathan...Have a wonderful day!!!!!!

glitter-graphics.com

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZIE!!!

Happy Birthday to Jonathan.....

Judy I hope they give you some time to prepare...lol

• Happy Birthday Suzie & Jonathan. :jocolor:

Hope you both enjoy the day and many more.

Wore some of my Giants clothes to the Super Market & Walgreens. Many people green with envy. Carol thought I would end up back in the Hospital yesterday, I was getting too excited. When the Giants got some bad calls by the Refs I said some words that I did not learn in Sunday School.

Was pretty cold again this AM but this afternoon it warmed up nice. :geek:

• Hey Patsy,

You are missed. Hope you are feeling okay!!! :roll:

• Thank You All for the Birthday Wishes on here and Facebook!

I hope everyone is doing fine .....and where is Patsy now?

Donna....love the baby pics...Im sure they're keeping you busy also!

Judy ...Crystal really found a great guy....such a Romantic!!! I wish them both years of happiness. Now you can join Carol L, Anna and I in Wedding mode

• Happy Birthday to Terry's Jonathan

• imageglitter-graphics.com

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY 'HOLLYWOOD CUZ', JONATHON &

HAPPY BITHDAY, SUZIE'..

HOPE YOU BOTH ENJOY YOUR DAY!!! XX :cheers:

• GOODMOG, FRIENDS :)

WOW, IT'S SO NICE TO BE LOVED & MISSED.

I WAS ON HERE SUNDAY & YESTERDAY I WAS DECORATING FOR VALENTINE'S DAY, SO DID NOT GET A CHANCE TO POST &

I HAVE BEEN BUSY CLEANING OUT MY

BASEMENT OF CRAP WE DON'T NEED OR USE ANYMORE & TRYING

TO RELAX IN BETWEEN.

WARREN..WHAT A WIN FOR THE GIANTS. ONE GAME AWAY FOR THE

WIN TO BE IN THE SUPERBOWL..

'LET'S GO BIG BLUE'

IT'S A LITTLE ICY OUTSIDE ON THE SIDEWALKS, SO BE

AWARE & BE CAREFUL.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY & KEEP WARM. :sunny: XX

C U ALL, LATER.. :)

• Hi-quick typeby-Happy Birthday Suzie and to Jonathan...had a busy day off yesterday...got my dress for the wedding, went to the tuxedo place, went to the florist, checked out Jessica's registry at the store..wow, I'm tired just thinking about it..even got the wedding list ready..Judy-any questions don't hesitate to ask...just make sure you take vitamins to keep up with all the chaos...LOL..anyway, everyone have a nice day..(rain & snow here today)....bye

• Good Morning Everyone,

Very windy out there today....Have a great day!!!

WINDY & COLD OUT. Brrr..

ANNA.. I'M TIRED JUST READING ABOUT YOUR RUNNING

AROUND.. HOPE IT'S FUN & NOT TOO STRESSFUL..

ENJOY & GOOD LUCK!!

JUDY.. GET YOUR ROLLER SKATES ON. & ANAA IS RIGHT, YOU'LL NEED VITAMINS. PLANNING A BIG PARTY OR RECEPTION IS ALOT

OF WORK, BUT IT CAN BE FUN.. ENJOY, GIRLS.!!!

WHERE ARE THE LAGRECA'S??...JEANETTE, JERRY (MY LOVE), ROSIE, & SCANSI..HOPE IS WELL WITH ALL OF YOU.. XX

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER.. :-)

• HI JUDY..WE WERE POSTING AT THE SAME TIME!!! LOL

• Ok been busy with Mia. Mommy stayed in DC with Aria. Daddy and Mia came home. Taking her to school or trying anyway with my sprained foot. Just came on to see if Patsy showed up. Ok she is here and ok. Be back later..Going to the old country for my nails and some meat...Yes Patsy u were missed...Love and miss ya...

• Mia and did a photo shoot lol

Photobucket

• HI EVERYONE,

SUZIE HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE, HOPE YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY.XOXO

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHATHAN,MANY MORE !!

HAVEN'T BEEN ON MUCH..NOT FEELING TO WELL,...NOTHING MAGOR,JUST DONT LIKE TO TALK ABOUT ILLNESS.

ANYWAY, I GUESS I MISSED MANY BIRTHDAYS, BELATED WISHES TO ALL I HAVE MISSED...XOXO

• OMG Mia should be in movies.....what a doll!!!

Jeanette - Hope you are feeling better and what better place to vent is on here, we all have good and bad days, thats what we are here for...

Well still waiting for my daughter to give me some kind of date, she did mention last night that depending on places, they may wait until March or April, 2013....Boy what a relief, at least it gives me time to save some money and plan everything I always wanted for her.....

So busy at work, it really sucks...I need to retire...LOL

Have a great day..

• Silly me. I tried to upload a picture of me in my Giant Snuggly blanket.-no go. Then I tried a picture of my Giant "shrine" on my lanai.-no go. Maybe I will make it my Avatar or what ever they call it.

Was sunny all morning but now some needed rain. Carol feeling lousy again. She only gets one or two days feeling good and then BAM it hits her digestive system. Next week we will see the Gastro Doc and see what he has to say...Also I will see my Cardiologist and see what he wants to do with me. I saw my family Physician the other day and the only change was to try Claritin for my sinuses along with my Nasal spray. I must admit it has given me a little relief. Has anyone heard from Anthony or Joe??? :roll:

• Warren Love the profile photo..

My Queen Jeanette feel better. I miss you much..

• Good Morning All,

Have a Great Day stay warm you New Yorkers...

I love the summer I hate being cold...

WARREN.. LOVE THE SNUGGIE.. I HAVE 2 AT HOME.

ONE WITH PEACE SIGNS FROM MY NIECE & ANOTHER ONE

MY SON JASON

BOUGHT ME A METS ONE, WHICH TONIANN NOW OWNS..

IT'S FUNNY, I WAS THE FIRST TO HAVE ONE & MY FAMILY

LAUGHED AND SAID IT'S JUST A LIKE WEARING A BATHROBE

BACKWARDS. THEY MADE FUN OF ME, ESPECIALL B/C I AM A BABY BOOMER & MINE HAS PEACE SIGNS ALL OVER IT.. NOW WE

ALL HAVE THEM AT HOME & WEAR THEM SITTING ON THE COUCH & RELAXING. LOL (INGENIOUS IDEA) :idea:

HOPE EVERYONE STAYS WARM & ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!! :)

• Hi everyone..Jeannette-hope u feel better...talk about the cold..right now it's 3 degrees outside (wind chill of -4) expecting a snow storm tomorrow (6 to 10 inches)..sick of the weather & it's just beginning.. Judy-at least you have about a year to prepare for the wedding..Jessica got engaged last May, the wedding date was Sept.8,2012, then changed to May 11,2012..time is going faster & faster..you should buy your daughter a wedding organizer book..she can put brochures in it, schedules, things to be done, etc. makes it easier for everyone..talk to u soon, bye....

• good morning,, friends :)

busy, busy, busy..

hope you all have a great weekend & c u all, later.. :-)

• It's TGIF. Oh, I forgot, evryday is TGIF for me since I retired! Getting psyched about Sunday night. I think it will be a great game and may the better team win. (As long as it is the Giants)

Seeing the snow storm in Chicago reminds me of why I am here in Florida. I have two pictures under glass on our server in the great room. One is of me and the other my dearly departed friend and neighbor shoveling snow which is up to our shoulders. Just finished the driveway and guess who is coming? The guy with the snow plow to bury us in!!!!

I miss my kids, I miss my grand kids but I DO NOT miss the snow. (nor the leaves in the fall) :geek:

• HI WARREN...I DO HOPE THE GIANTS WIN, TOO!!!

ENJOY THE GAME & AGAIN, I LOVE YOUR SNUGGIE..

NOW IT IS MY TURN TO ASK..

'WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE??'..

GET OUT YOUR ROCK SALT & SHOVELS.. THEY ARE NOW SAYING

3-5".. LET'S SEE IF THIS IS SO.. :roll:

I WILL BE IN ALL WEEKEND, ANYWAY COOKING & CLEANING & I HAVE A DENTIST APPT. TOMORROW.. WHOOPEE!! LOL

C U ALL, LATER.. :)

• Last 4 posts-3 by Patsy One by me. All a day old. If this blog is not dying it sure looks like it is mortally ill. :-({|=

• Hi Everyone,

Well a couple of inches of snow...looks pretty, but is annoying, I have so much running around to do today, hope it starts to melt fast..

Enjoy your day....

• Oh boy this has been some week!!! Monday hubby came down with bronchitis now I have it....Oh well it could be worse.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, stay warm!!! ....i'm going back to bed now lol

• Good morning....pretty icy out there so be careful.

I'm really in the mood for meatballs but definitely don't feel like cooking today....

Anyone have a good Beef Barley Soup recipe they can share??

Terry...do you remember the donuts from Bingo, they looked like a round cruller with jelly in the center? Kati got one the other day from Mike's Donuts on 5th ave and it took me right back.....

• Oh Deb..Just one day back to those times. Tuesday nights with all the left over soggy hot dogs and donuts.. They were so delicious. Big Nick and Margie the BINGO CASTAPOS . LOL

• For those who know the Catalano's from 22nd street..Judy and Richie asked me to post this...

Billy Catalano (Richie and Froggy's brother) Unfortunately passed away.

Scalia Funeral Home

28 Eltingville Blvd. Staten Island, New York 10312 Phone: (718) 356-6363 Toll Free: (800) 727-0700

Monday only 2-4 pm and 7-9pm

MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO THE CATALANO FAMILY. Another young life...

TODAY IS MY NATAIE'S 31ST BIRTHDAY..

HAPPY B/DAY TO MY PRINCESS.. I LOVE YOU. (NOT THAT SHE

WILL SEE THIS). I WILL TELL HER IN PERSON.. LOL

I AM MAKING DINNER TODAY & MY S.I.L. BOUGHT THIS HUGE

CANNOLI CAKE (NATALIE'S FAVORITE) FOR DESSERT,.

TONIANN'S BOYFRIEND CHRIS IS COMING FOR DINNER & WE

ALREADY DECORATED & SET THE TABLE FOR DINNER.

I JUST HAVE TO GO P/U SOME FRESH ITALIAN BREAD DOWN ON 3RD AVE & SOME SODA, ETC. TONIANN IS MAKING THE MEATBALLS, & I MAIN CHARGE OF THE BRASCIOLE & GRAVY, ETC.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

DEB, I, TOO REMEMBER THE BINGO DONUTS. I USED TO GO WITH

FLO LASALLE TO BINGO.. MISS THOSE DAYS..

HOPE YOU & KEVIN FEEL BETTER, SOON.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY, & 'LET'S GO GIANTS.

• MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO THE 'CATALANO FAMILY'

MAY HE R.I.P.

• Happy Birthday cousin Natalie,

Have a great day...

This what life is all about celebrating the good things in life.

We are celebrating Mario's 12th birthday today at Lori's. Love these celebrations because my Dad's brother and sister's come to share the day. Can't wait to see My Uncle Chubby and Augie today.

Have a great day and stay warm....I know Warren will be arm with his snuggle blanket lol

• Terry, As soon as I get off the computer I am heading for my Giant suggly. Not too bad outside but in the house is quite cool. Florida houses are built to keep the heat out not in! Had a poor day and night and today I am only 50%. Hope whatever I've got leaves me soon. I want to enjoy the roast beef dinner Carol is preparing and then tonight watch the Giant game. With all the different ailments I have and the different pills, I never know what is causing me to feel crummy. I did try Claritin for a few days and maybe that did not agree with the other stuff I am taking. The Doctors said I could take it for my sinus problems but who knows???? My sinuses have declared war on me. I use a spray twice a day but lately it is not enough. I have a bunch of tests and Dr appointments coming up so I sure would like to feel okay for all of that.

How much snow did you guys in Bay Ridge, Staten Island and NJ get? When I spoke to my daughter in Dumont NJ yesterday she said her husband was out shoveling about 5-6 inches. Meanwhile yesterday afternoon here was about 75 degrees and sunny. :-00

• Warren,

Not too much but enough...The bad thing is it melted somewhat and now it is cold and got to be careful walking very icy. Probably be down in April I love Florida in April..

Hope you feel better..I am still waiting for this foot to be completely better. Does not hurt but still sprained...

Have a Great day and I guess I should say GO GIANTS. LOL

I DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT FOOTBALL...

• hi every one how is anthony doing ?pat are you enjoying this snow ?i'm eating like crazy well take care every one, t'm going to make a meat ball hero. you want to join me [any body]god bless you all .

• My deepest condolences and prayers go out to the Catalano family. Billy was one great guy. He was the one who got all of us younger guys jobs at Greenwood Cemetary. Great times.

• Hi Rosie and Danny,

Rosie,

spoke to Anthony this week he sounds real good.

Good Night /Sweet Dreams

SO HAPPY THE GIANTS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL..

HOPE THEY MAKE IT ALL THE WAY.. 2 MORE WEEKS TO

PREPARE. :cheers:

HI ROSIE..HOPE ALL IS WELL.. I LOVE METABALL HEORES.

(ESPECIALLY HOT OUT OF A PAN..) HAVE A GREAT DAY. XX

HI DANNY..HOW ARE YOU?? HOPE YOU & THE FAMILY ARE WELL.

I KNOW YOU'RE ONE BUSY MAN..SEND MY LOVE. XX

HI CUZ.. I WILL CALL YOU, SOON. BEEN SO BUSY.. ALWAYS

SOMETHING GOING ON. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARIO. KISSES TO

LORI JEAN. TELL HER I WAS ASKING FO HER.

HOW ARE UNCLE CHUBBY & AUGIE??.. SEND THEM MY

LOVE THE NEXT

TIME YOU SPEAK TO THEM.. LOVE YA, MUCHO.XX

WARREN.. WE ONLY GOT 2 INCHES & TODAY IT IS RAINING..

HOPE IT WASHES AWAY ALL THE DIRTY SNOW..

FEEL BETTER & GET UNDER THAT SNUGGIE. IT BROUGHT THE GIANTS GOOD LUCK..DON'T WASH IT UNTIL AFTER THE SUPERBOWL.. LOL

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY. & C U ALL, LATER. XX :)

• Good Morning Cuz and All,

I can not believe I just got up I never sleep this late. I must have needed it... I never sleep until 9am..Missed my 8 30 novena so will go 11 30.

Happy that everyone is happy the Giants won.

Have a great day....

• N.Y. GIANTS

There exists a team called the Giants

They have fans, haters & clients

Luck plays a part in all sports games

The Giants have bad & good luck in names

The ref’s don’t like them & their calls show it

When I see a bad call I have a big fit

Through all this they are back on top

They cleaned out the NFC without a mop

Now comes the finale, the big Super Bowl

I root for them to win with heart & soul