Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued) - Page 11 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued)

Comments

• Photobucket

SENDING WARM THOUGHTS TO ALL MY FELLOW BLOGGERS

• HI JOEBROOXX.. FUNNY, I WAS GOING TO POST & ASK WHERE YOU WERE? CHECK IN WITH US..LOL XX

• HI JOEBROOXX.. FUNNY, I WAS GOING TO POST & ASK WHERE YOU WERE? CHECK IN WITH US..LOL XX

• Good Morning everyone...just stopped by to say "Hello"..have a great day........bye

• Good Morning everyone...just stopped by to say "Hello"..have a great day........bye

• Hello Dere,

Just got back from the Mall. Got Carol two pair of ear rings at Swarovski for Valentines Day. Was going to get Flowers or Candy but I figured the Jewelery will last much longer. I let her pick them out so I know she likes them. She could not make up her mind which pair to get so I told her to take both!!! Hey, you only live once and we are well past the halfway mark. When we came home the answering machine was blinking. It was my Cardiologist. I had written him a letter about my A-Fib attack and how it made me feel that the Ablation Surgery failed. I called him back and he got on the phone right away. He reassured me that there should be no judgement on the success of the surgery until a minimum of 3-4 Months. He will see me in April and we can talk more about it. I am impressed that he would take the time to call me personally and not pass the task on to a Nurse or other employee.

Kind of a crummy day today. Cloudy & damp and cool. You people can have your snow. No thanks.... :bounce:

• Hello Dere,

Just got back from the Mall. Got Carol two pair of ear rings at Swarovski for Valentines Day. Was going to get Flowers or Candy but I figured the Jewelery will last much longer. I let her pick them out so I know she likes them. She could not make up her mind which pair to get so I told her to take both!!! Hey, you only live once and we are well past the halfway mark. When we came home the answering machine was blinking. It was my Cardiologist. I had written him a letter about my A-Fib attack and how it made me feel that the Ablation Surgery failed. I called him back and he got on the phone right away. He reassured me that there should be no judgement on the success of the surgery until a minimum of 3-4 Months. He will see me in April and we can talk more about it. I am impressed that he would take the time to call me personally and not pass the task on to a Nurse or other employee.

Kind of a crummy day today. Cloudy & damp and cool. You people can have your snow. No thanks.... :bounce:

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

HI WARREN.. NICE GIFT FOR CAROL.. I LOVE SWARVOSKI. I HAVE

A CURIO FILLED OF THEIR FIGURINES. I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING THEM SINCE THE EARLY 80'S WHEN THEY FIRST CAME ABOUT.

HOPE YOU & CAROL ARE FEELING GOOD..XX

WELL, I HEAR WE ARE GETTING 1-3 INCHES OF SNOW TOMORROW.

NO BIG DEAL.. JUST A TEASE..

HI ANNA.. GLAD TO SEE YOU POSTING.. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.. :)

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A NICE WEEKEND & C U ALL, LATER.. XX :)

A CURIO FILLED OF THEIR FIGURINES. I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING THEM SINCE THE EARLY 80'S WHEN THEY FIRST CAME ABOUT.

• Good Morning,

More snow...I guess I must of missed that...LOL Oh well at least its the weekend....

TGIF..what a crazy week.....can't wait to just relax a little.

Have a great weekend..

• Good Morning,

More snow...I guess I must of missed that...LOL Oh well at least its the weekend....

Have a great weekend..

• Good Morning,

Have a great weekend..

• Hi All,

Been busy going crazy...lol

Hope all is well. I have to go back and read and see what I missed. I know from facebook today is Festina's birthday so Happy Birthday Festina. Probably will not see this anyway.

• Hi All,

Hope all is well. I have to go back and read and see what I missed. I know from facebook today is Festina's birthday so Happy Birthday Festina. Probably will not see this anyway.

• Hi All,

• JOE PINTO said:

This Blog is a good thing...I have made some new friends here, I have learned new things here, and I have been able to reconnect with some dear friends from days long gone. I find this blog to be more personal than facebook because we can all relate to each other in a special way here.

I use facebook more to promote my band and music....but here is where I feel my true roots lie....

Joe you and I have been AWOL you have been on more these days. I may not call or write to you but I love and miss ya.

It is so nice we can come and go and people still miss us. lol THANK YOU CUZ FOR LOOKING FOR ME I JUST WENT BACK AND READ

TERRY...I sometimes find myself in a "dark place", and tend to vent it here. I sometimes feel "small", overlooked, and insignificant....and tend to put it out there...that is until You or Patsy or one of the true bloggers set me straight and put me in my place...I know I have good people looking out for me, and I do appreciate the fact that I can come here, make an ass of myself, and still know that I have friends here who don't mind and will let me do it all again tomorrow....who wouldn't what to stick around here and keep this forum going....If for no other reason but to wait and see what kind of crap is going to come out of my head nest( LOL )

....LONG LIVE THE BLOG....

• JOE PINTO said:

This Blog is a good thing...I have made some new friends here, I have learned new things here, and I have been able to reconnect with some dear friends from days long gone. I find this blog to be more personal than facebook because we can all relate to each other in a special way here.

I use facebook more to promote my band and music....but here is where I feel my true roots lie....

Joe you and I have been AWOL you have been on more these days. I may not call or write to you but I love and miss ya.

It is so nice we can come and go and people still miss us. lol THANK YOU CUZ FOR LOOKING FOR ME I JUST WENT BACK AND READ

TERRY...I sometimes find myself in a "dark place", and tend to vent it here. I sometimes feel "small", overlooked, and insignificant....and tend to put it out there...that is until You or Patsy or one of the true bloggers set me straight and put me in my place...I know I have good people looking out for me, and I do appreciate the fact that I can come here, make an ass of myself, and still know that I have friends here who don't mind and will let me do it all again tomorrow....who wouldn't what to stick around here and keep this forum going....If for no other reason but to wait and see what kind of crap is going to come out of my head nest( LOL )

• JOE PINTO said:

• sorry about the screw up above I posted in the middle of your post Joe..lol

• Hi-just got a call from my brother in Jackson, N.J...please say a prayer..my sister in law passed away tonight..her cancer had returned & she was in treatment but she had stopped breathing & my brother isn't sure if it was a stroke or heart attack..I will probably be going to NJ on Sunday..my brother will call me with the arrangements..I'm so numb, I can't even think right now..she was a teacher there for 30 years...will talk soon...bye

• Hi-just got a call from my brother in Jackson, N.J...please say a prayer..my sister in law passed away tonight..her cancer had returned & she was in treatment but she had stopped breathing & my brother isn't sure if it was a stroke or heart attack..I will probably be going to NJ on Sunday..my brother will call me with the arrangements..I'm so numb, I can't even think right now..she was a teacher there for 30 years...will talk soon...bye

• So Sorry Anna.

• So Sorry Anna.

• So Sorry Anna.

• Back in Dec., I posted on YouTube, one of our Peter Stevens Songs, "Crucifix On The Wall". A guy out in Utah who makes Crosses for a living, saw it and liked it. He liked it so much that he tracked me down, sent me an e-mail, and offered to make a Cross for the band. I received it a week before Christmas and needless to say, it was beautiful.

We had our studio repainted and had new carpet installed and new ceiling tiles put in to replace the older ones.

Below are some photos of the finished studio and the "Crucifix on the Wall".

imageimage

• Back in Dec., I posted on YouTube, one of our Peter Stevens Songs, "Crucifix On The Wall". A guy out in Utah who makes Crosses for a living, saw it and liked it. He liked it so much that he tracked me down, sent me an e-mail, and offered to make a Cross for the band. I received it a week before Christmas and needless to say, it was beautiful.

We had our studio repainted and had new carpet installed and new ceiling tiles put in to replace the older ones.

imageimage

imageimage

• Hello All,

Anna, very sorry to hear about your Sister in Law. Let's face it. Your siblings spouse becomes a part of your family and it is a family loss. I have prayed for your brother & for you.

Facing several cold days coming up. Mornings in the 30's. Has not been a terible winter but it just does not want to let go. Joe, I am glad I do not live upstairs above your bands studio. Who's house is it in!!! Years ago Carol & I with two of our children (third one was born later when we had our own house) lived in a three family house and our apartment was partially over a store. A fellow bought the building and moved his piano tuning business into the store. We were a little apprehensive at first but this guy only tuned during business hours and most of his work was in peoples homes. He waould tune a piano occasionaly in the store and then play absolutely beautiful soft music. He was a great landlord and a very nice guy. He bawled me out for shoveling the steps and front sidewalk, He said he pays his teenage son to do it. The landlord before him would have let the snow sit forever. The new guy was a welcome change. :thumright:

• Hello All,

Anna, very sorry to hear about your Sister in Law. Let's face it. Your siblings spouse becomes a part of your family and it is a family loss. I have prayed for your brother & for you.

Facing several cold days coming up. Mornings in the 30's. Has not been a terible winter but it just does not want to let go. Joe, I am glad I do not live upstairs above your bands studio. Who's house is it in!!! Years ago Carol & I with two of our children (third one was born later when we had our own house) lived in a three family house and our apartment was partially over a store. A fellow bought the building and moved his piano tuning business into the store. We were a little apprehensive at first but this guy only tuned during business hours and most of his work was in peoples homes. He waould tune a piano occasionaly in the store and then play absolutely beautiful soft music. He was a great landlord and a very nice guy. He bawled me out for shoveling the steps and front sidewalk, He said he pays his teenage son to do it. The landlord before him would have let the snow sit forever. The new guy was a welcome change. :thumright:

• Hello All,

• Anna Famoso said:

Hi-just got a call from my brother in Jackson, N.J...please say a prayer..my sister in law passed away tonight..her cancer had returned & she was in treatment but she had stopped breathing & my brother isn't sure if it was a stroke or heart attack..I will probably be going to NJ on Sunday..my brother will call me with the arrangements..I'm so numb, I can't even think right now..she was a teacher there for 30 years...will talk soon...bye

Anna Im so very Sorry......we just went through this these last 2 weeks. My Future Daughter-in-laws Dad Passed away after fighting his cancer for 2 yrs! Thank you for all the prayers since I posted his name on our Prayer List! Anna have a safe trip to & from New Jersey!

• Anna Famoso said:

Hi-just got a call from my brother in Jackson, N.J...please say a prayer..my sister in law passed away tonight..her cancer had returned & she was in treatment but she had stopped breathing & my brother isn't sure if it was a stroke or heart attack..I will probably be going to NJ on Sunday..my brother will call me with the arrangements..I'm so numb, I can't even think right now..she was a teacher there for 30 years...will talk soon...bye

Anna Im so very Sorry......we just went through this these last 2 weeks. My Future Daughter-in-laws Dad Passed away after fighting his cancer for 2 yrs! Thank you for all the prayers since I posted his name on our Prayer List! Anna have a safe trip to & from New Jersey!

• Anna Famoso said:

• Joe love the pics, your music is touching people you never met ....how amazing is that!

• Joe love the pics, your music is touching people you never met ....how amazing is that!

• Have a good weekend everyone....

• Hi Warren....Thank God for the people upstairs that we have a sound proof studio. They don't here a thing...!

Hi Suzie...Good to see you...

... UTAH???....Who would believe that...!

• Hi Warren....Thank God for the people upstairs that we have a sound proof studio. They don't here a thing...!

Hi Suzie...Good to see you...

... UTAH???....Who would believe that...!

• Joe ....I hope your working on that video!!!!

I was also wondering about who lives upstairs .....LOL

Your Grandsons are so handsome...I saw their pics somewhere on FB. Pretty soon they'll be asking you to teach them how to play those drums! Its a great feeling watching them grow.

lata gata!

• Joe ....I hope your working on that video!!!!

I was also wondering about who lives upstairs .....LOL

Your Grandsons are so handsome...I saw their pics somewhere on FB. Pretty soon they'll be asking you to teach them how to play those drums! Its a great feeling watching them grow.

lata gata!

• Anna, My deepest sympathies to your brother and whole family. Where did she teach in Jackson, that is where I live. Where is they laying her out?

• Anna, My deepest sympathies to your brother and whole family. Where did she teach in Jackson, that is where I live. Where is they laying her out?

• Happy Birthday Jeanette..Wishing you all the best..have a wonderful birthday...miss you!!!

• Happy Birthday Jeanette..Wishing you all the best..have a wonderful birthday...miss you!!!

• Happy Birthday Festina......have a wonderful day...

• Happy Birthday Festina......have a wonderful day...

• happy birthday to my sister great talking to you today

anna sorry for your loss our thoughts are with you

• happy birthday to my sister great talking to you today

anna sorry for your loss our thoughts are with you

• Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, now Whitney......The whole world watch these Train wrecks coming but no one can step in to prevent them.....Its a Heartbreak. Even if you are not a fan of these people...on the human level its just a awful thing to see happen....

....DRUGS AND ALCOHOL....Bad Mix....Remember Nancy Reagan...

**** JUST SAY NO ****

This is not a "new" phenomenon....It's just adding names to a ever growing list....

ELVIS,JANIS,JIMI,AND MANY ,MANY MORE.....ITS TIME TO PUT A CLOSE TO THIS " LIST OF SHAME"

• Whitney's rendition of the National Anthem was the best ever...it gave me goosebumps back then in 1991 and put tears in my eyes today.....

I SAY LETS MAKE IT THE OFFICIAL VERSION AND PLAY IT ALWAYS FROM NOW ON....

• hi every one .i want you to know i'm still checking ,but don't have much to say at the moment.but thinking about you all .anthony ,pat ,ann,joe ,warren,carol,judy,suzie,jeanette,jerry, i think my brain is frozen from this cold weather. when the spring comes in i'll perk up . take care ,have a good day ,god bless you all

HI JOEBROOXX...GREAT PIX, BEAUTIFUL CROSS.. JUST

AMAZING..WHAT A TREASURE!!

YES, TOO MANY GREAT ARTISTS GONE LONG BEFORE THEIR

TIME.. I HAVE WHITNEY'S NATIONAL ANTHEM DOWNLOADED

ON MY PHONE & I POD FOR THE LONGEST TIME..I AM A BIG

FAN OF HERS.. SAW HER BACK IN THE 80'S AT M.S.G. SHE WAS GREAT & KENNY G. WAS HER OPENING ACT.. SUCH A TALENT.

WHAT A SHAME.. I WAS UP UNTIL 2AM THIS MORNING WATCHING

CNN. I AM STILL IN SHOCK..

R.I.P. WHITNEY

• Hi Anna:

Just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. Stay strong and have a safe trip home..........

• ANNA, SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. MAY SHE R..I.P.

JEANETTE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY... HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MORE..XX

HI ROSIE & JERRY.. HOPE YOU GUYS ARE FEELING GOOD.

SO NICE TO SEE YOU POST ON HERE..XX

HI JUDY..HOW ARE YOU??.. HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR WEEKEND.

SEND MY LOVE TO BOBBY. XX

HOW IS CRYSTAL FEELING??.. GIVE HER A HUG FOR ME..

HI SUZIE..HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU & YOUR FAMILY..XX

HI CUZ..HOPE TO SEE YOU BACK ON HERE, SOON,

LOVE YA, MUCHO XX

HI WARREN..LOVE TO CAROL..XX

HI DONNA.. TALK TO YOU, SOON..XX

EVERYONE, RELAX & ENJOY YOUR DAY!!! XX :)

• Hi Everyone,

FIRST..I am so sorry for your loss Anna

In my prayers,,,,,May your sister in law rest in peace.

Hi Jerry and Rosie..

Jerry I was at a party last night with Alex Trovello fro 18th street. do you remember his father. He said he stayed in the Saint Anna's Club and he remembers my Uncle Charlie Miele.

Warren,

Hope all is well with you and Carol.

Carol Lovaglia emailed me the other day with something you wrote along time ago and said she found it in her mail. I said OMG I also saved it. I have saved a few things you wrote and love and cherish them.

In my basement I still have what you wrote and it has signatures from the people who came to the reunion. I also love it and cherish it. You should be writing and publishing.

Cuz I love ya and thanks for always asking for me..

Jerry,

One more thing......Alex said his Uncles still live on 6th avenue between 19th and 20th. I think he said their names are Dililo,,,,Delilo (spelling) I don't remember that name..

Love to all

Hi Suzie...Hi Joey..Hi Donna..Hi Judy and all I missed

• Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY QUEEN Love and Miss Ya

• Brought the plants close to the house

Gonna get cold enough to kill a mouse

Took in the Brass Monkeys,turned up the heat

Now if I could find a way to warm up the seat!!

If you do not know which seat I am talking about I am afraid you have no imagination. Going down into the low 30's and maybe high 20's tonight. Hope this is the last cold snap of this winter.

Carol and I went to a luncheon yesterday but could not make it to a concert we had tickets for last night. She is feeling a lot better today. I am a little down but otherwise okay. We have a hard time planning anything and this is not the first time we had to cancel out and lose the money for the tickets. Such is life. :cry:

• I know what seat you RE TALKING ABOUT ESPECIALLY WHEN THE BOYS ALWAYS LEFT IT UP AND REALLY FROZE MY A-- OFF. LOL

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT

SWEET DREAMS

• terry nice to hear from you i remember the name but cant put a face to it in any event give them my best regards

say hi to uncle chubby and harpo for me thanks

• Jerry,

I will see them both on the 20th god willing. I will tell them you sent your regards. Stay well and think of you always.

PRETTY COLD OUT TODAY!! Brrr!!!

EVERYONE STAY WARM & ENJOY YOUR DAY!!! :-)

• Hey Patsy,

It is cold here as well. 6 Brass Monkeys lost part of their anatony overnight in Sun City Center. Looks my plants got through it.

Terry, The kids today do not know what it is like to have an unheated bathroom. Time spent in the bathroom for any purpose back in the old days was very short for any purpose. Taking showers at the 9th Street YMCA worked out great. Would go in the evening, get a good hot shower and go for a swim. My brother was a life guard there. With out going into too much detail I have to tell you that because of some of my physical problems along with their treatments, (radiation in particular) I take a seat almost all the time regardless of the purpose of my trip. I know exactly what you mean about a cold butt!!! :oops:

• Hi Warren and Patsy,

When I left for church this morning it was like 29 out. Went to Weight Watchers again Patsy. lol Feels alittle warmer now.

Have a great day everyone..

• terry the name, alex dilioi i think my son joesph know him because he goes to 6th ave to check on the house betwen20 an 19st and stays there for hours talking to a lots of people.i'll let you know .try to see if you can get his picture on here. if permited by him

• Thanks Rosie

i think he has 2 uncles up there on 6th avenue. Alex is a Trovello his uncles are Dililos (spell) Mr. Trovello may be around your age and he hung out in Saint Anna's club. He knew Un cl Charlie Miele.Hope u r feeling good

• I love this. It reminds me of ME...LOL

• HI CUZ... LOVE THIS.. IT'S HYSTERICAL & SO ITALIAN..

THANX FOR SHARING.. LOVE YA. XX :-)

• Hello Everyone......

Still very upset about this latest music icon senseless death. It seems to me that its the music industry that suffers from this phenomenon more than any other. I mean don't get me wrong, I know there has been actors and athletes, and literary figures that have had their share of problems...But, the music business seems to have more of this type of tragedy. So ,needless to say, as a musician(even though I am not rich or famous), I am sadden by this latest incident of losing another truly gifted artist to this crazy cycle of over indulgence and abuse.

SO....what does it all mean? Is there something terrible wrong going on in the world of music, or, is it just individuals surrounding themselves with the wrong people, making bad decisions and ending up in a bad place that they cannot escape from. I don't know what the answer is, but I do know its a terrible situation when we keep reading these stories and see Beautiful, smart, talented people lives end to soon, in this fashion.

....But, also , in fairness, I must also point out, that its not all doom & gloom in the music world. Just look at a mega star like John Bon Jovi.....A Family man, no scandals,and someone who is always giving back to the community.

...All I can say is, from here on out, lets pray for those who have fallen to this unfortunate fate, and hope that our young, bright, future stars will be strong enough to not repeat these same mistakes, and put an end to this heart breaking and senseless cycle....

....R I P ....Whitney, Michael, Amy, Jim, Jimi, Janis, Elvis, Keith Moon, Dennis Wilson, John Entwhistle.....The List goes on & on....

glitter-graphics.com

everyone.. enjoy your day!!! lots of hugs & kisses to all!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :love:

JOEBROOXX, I TOO FEEL THE SAME WAY. WAY TOO MANY

YOUNG, TALENTED ARTISTS KILLING THEMSELVES DUE TO

DRUGS & ALCOHOL..I AM A VERY BIG FAN OF WHITNEY'S.

ALWAYS WAS, ALWAYS WILL BE.HER MUSIC WILL GO ON FOREVER.

OK.. ON A LIGHTER NOTE, IT IS VALENTINE'S DAY.

IT IS A DAY FOR LOVE. ENJOY!!! WE ALL KNOW HOW PRECIOUS

EACH DAY IS... :love:

• Your right Patsy.....

....HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.....

.....This is for my Wife and People in Love Everywhere...

• Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!! Have a wonderful day with the ones you love!!!!!!

• Happy Valentines all you lovers. Since Carol has been feeling lousy for a few days, in addition to the ear rings I got her last week for Valentines Day, Yesterday I bought her a beautiful bouquet of Tea Roses, both to tell her I love her, and to cheer her up. Today (so far) she is feeling better. We harrased the Doctors office enough that they sent in a new prescription for her. So far so good.

Joe, I sure do not have an answer to the drug/alchohol problems so many celebrities get themselves mixed up in. I do know that some of the Atheletes, and I guess it goes for some show people too, come from very meager backrounds. All of a sudden they have fame and so much money that they are challanged to find a way to cope with it all. Of course there are always the sleeze bags out there pouncing on them with their promises of wonderful feelings from their awful drugs. The other culprit is exhaustion from schedules that they never had to meet before and they want relaxation during the small time they have to do so. Some are lucky enough to have Managers who handle their money and schedules for them without it becoming a horrible experience instead of a good one. Sometimes I think it would be a good idea for those on the way to stardom of any kind sit with successful people from any area of celebrity and hear what they have to say about how they got where they are without drugs or excessive Alchohol use. :roll:

• Hi Warren....All the best to you and Carol...

My Dad once told me a few years before he died, that he was so glad I never made it in music. When he said that to me, I got real mad and said to him..."Thanks" for showing me some support for my music and my passion. But then he added, "in that business, You would be dead today"

I never forgot that, and even though I understood what he meant , I realize even more so now, That he was probably right.

• SUZIE.....A SPECIAL VALENTINE'S TREAT FOR YOU...!

• Good Morning All,

Up early to see Mia in her Valentine pre-k show.

Not feeling too good today and yesterday. Probably all the candy I ate this weekend and yesterday..

Happy Valentines Day Everyone.

I saw a nice hall saturday when I was delivering balloons. I may book it for the next reunion.

It is about 56 dollars per head. food and drinks included.

I would just have to get a cake...coffee included and it fits 250. Have to think about it.. Not a sit down dinner, smorgasbord

• happy valentine day to all enjoy your love ones and be happy.with all my love to all god bless.

• REMEMBER THIS JOE...SHE WAS SO SMALL.

SHE STILL PLAYS WITH THAT DRUM.

Photobucket

• NOT THAT DRUM THE DRUM U GAVE HER..

• HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO THE LAGRECA GIRLS

Photobucket

• terry count me in'on the reuion.happy valentine day ,enjoy your day with your love ones god bless all

• THIS WAS A FUN NIGHT...

imageimage

• Hi Terry....Hi Mia

• Hi Terry

Its been a little crazy here. My granddaughter fell off the monkey bars and dis-located her elbow and broke her wrist. She is now in a cast for 6 weeks.

As for the reunion we are in. I will be happy to help you with anything you need. Just call me.

We'll talk soon. LOVE..............

• Sorry to hear that ,Donna

• JOE PINTO said:

SUZIE.....A SPECIAL VALENTINE'S TREAT FOR YOU...!

• Hi Everyone ... wow so much to read ....love it!

• JOE PINTO said:

SUZIE.....A SPECIAL VALENTINE'S TREAT FOR YOU...!

JOE PINTO said:

Ohhhh Finally Joe!!!!

I love all the songs ....but this one I like the most! I knew you could do it .....thanks so much ....I just posted it on my FB .......this brought some happiness in between all my sadness lately ....thanks again!

love to the family

• donna reitz tanzillo said:

Hi Terry

Its been a little crazy here. My granddaughter fell off the monkey bars and dis-located her elbow and broke her wrist. She is now in a cast for 6 weeks.

As for the reunion we are in. I will be happy to help you with anything you need. Just call me.

We'll talk soon. LOVE..............

Donna that poor baby....hope the time flies by!

• T-Bone51 said:

I love this. It reminds me of ME...LOL

Terry how funny ....Im not even Italian and it reminds me of ME too! It has to be a Bklyn thing!

S'facchina la goth ....where the hell is ANTHONY ??????

• Hi Suzie......Sorry it took so long....Glad you like it...I hope maybe someday The Band will get to play it for you, Live, in person.

Good Morning to everyone....Hope you all had a nice Valentine evening .

• ....IRANIAN GUNBOATS TRY TO PLAY CHICKEN WITH THE U.S. NAVY...

.....ARE THEY CRAZY?

Photobucket

• ...Today is my Dad's Birthday...He Would have been 91 Today.

At Times, I still can't believe its been over 10 years since I saw him last.

......HAPPY BIRTHDAY POP.....

Below ,is a Letter I wrote to Him on 9-11-2011...The 10th Anniversary of his passing.

Dear Pop,

It's was 10 years ago Labor Day Weekend 2001, when I saw you last.We had a BBQ in my Brother's back yard. We ate good, listened to the "oldies" station on the radio, and told stories about growing up in the old neighborhood. You and Mommy had 9 grandchildren, and the youngest 4 were still babies.You enjoyed your family more than anyone could ever know.You played with them all and they had so much fun when you and Mommy were with them. At the end of the day, when we were all getting ready to return to our homes, Mommy said you both were going to Atlantic City next week for a few days, a place you both loved, and you wouldn't be "around".None of us could have ever anticipate what was in store for our family, our city, and our nation in the coming days.

On the morning of the attacks, the first thing I did was dial the phone and called your house. I had forgotten you & mommy were in A.C. I knew you would be nervous about what was happening, especially since your son-in-law worked in the Towers. When I got no answer on your home phone, I just assumed you were on your way to my Sister's house to be with her.

My sister was the next call I made...I told her I had call Daddy's house, got no answer and thought they were with her.That's when she reminded me that you & mom were in A.C.

I then asked "where is my brother-in-law". At work she said with a cracking voice, trying not to cry, she said "I called him but could not get though". I told her I had to make my own phone calls and would speak to her later. I began to think of all the people I knew that worked in and around the Trade Center-My Wife, My Oldest Daughter, Personal Friends-and One By One I learned that they were all ok. A little while later my sister called me back to say her husband was fine- he was running behind that day and was still on his way to work when the attack happened. He was Fine. So for the most part, all our family and friends were accounted for. BUT, YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT.YOU HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING BECAUSE WE COULD NOT REACH YOU BY PHONE. We all Never thought about what would happen next. We all knew how much you loved your family, how your son-in-law was your 3rd son, a person that was liked and became family the very first time we all met him.

I never thought you, being 125 miles from NYC, was in any danger. But, we were wrong.You probably was thinking of the worst and I'm sure the images on TV. wasn't helping. Mommy was very nervous and left the room just for a minute, when she returned, you had already left us.She remembered hearing you swear at the TV, "Them bastards killed my son-in-law".....That was it

Well, since that time,1 grand daughter is married with 2 beautiful boys- you would go crazy over them-all your grand kids, with the exception of the 3 youngest, drive( yes drive) cars.Two are superb Ballplayers, one in Baseball and the other in Football, and the older ones have gone on to college and have good jobs...you would be proud of your family, you taught us all well, and we all love you and miss you so much. Since you left us, there has been others that have gone. But, I am sure you know that. You all must be together right now. You & mommy are dancing to "begin the beguine", or you are playing "pokeno" with my aunts & uncles, or maybe even talking sports with your brothers.

It's been 10 years since I saw you last, But Know this, your family is well, its growing, and it is safe and sound and we know you would be pleased....We all love you and we all will be together again

......I Will ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND NEVER WILL I FORGET WHAT A GREAT DAD YOU WERE ME, MY BROTHER, AND MY SISTER.....

Attached files Dear_Pop.doc (26.5 KB)
This discussion has been closed.