This site is closed to new comments and posts.

Notice: This site uses cookies to function.
If you are not comfortable with cookies then please don't browse this website.

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 20 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

Comments

• Good Morning everyone..quick typeby-have a 3 day weekend but here I am in work. I'd rather be here today than tomorrow..mix of rain & snow coming my way..near 70 today-with a high of 38 tomorrow..if Cody lets me, maybe I can sleep in...LOL..haven't had too much time to post this week-but seems like the blog is dwindling down for some reason..where is everyone? only 2 or 3 people are on..hope it picks up soon..well, have a great day everyone..have to get back to work.....bye

• BTW, PRODIGAL SON..

WHERE DO YOU LIVE NOW??

Hi Patsy,

I live in St Paul, MN ~ kinda dull and lacking in the frenetic pace of bigger cities like Minneapolis and Chicago. Though I moved here 25 years ago, folks tell me the Brooklyn accent is still in full bloom. Good - am planning on keeping it that way. :)

Hope all remains well for everyone after that naughty weather.

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

HI DEB!!! CALL TOMORROW (TUESDAY) & SEE WHAT IS GOING ON.

TONIANN SAID SAMY HAS NOT GOTTEN HIS RE-SCHEDULE DATE EITHER. THANKSGIVING WEEKEND FOR KEVIN'S B/DAY. THAT'S SO NICE,B/C YOU WILL BE WITH ALL FAMILY MEMBERS.

HI PRODIGAL SON.. WHAT IS YOUR FIRST NAME??

ST. PAUL, MN. NICE. IF YOU HAVEN'T LOST YOUR BROOKLYN ACCENT BY NOW, THAN YOU HAVE IT FOR GOOD!! LOL

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY.." YOU CAN'T TAKE THE BROOKLYN OUT OF US."

HI ANNA. YES, I HOPE MORE PEOPLE START COMIONG BACK ON THE BLOG. WE ARE EXPECTING RAIN TOMORROW, TOO.

ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF TOMORROW..

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :)

• Good morning.....

Patsy....he's been working so much I hope he'll been able to be at his own party lol He said he may even be working Thanksgiving...hopefully not :-(

Hi Prodigal Son....My sister's been in Virginia for 20 years and people can still tell she's a native New Yorker by the way she speaks lol

Anna...hopefully people will start posting again :-)

Ok heading to the Dr for bloodwork for my coumadin levels....see you all later.

• Hi-had a day off today..Cody had me up at 6 AM but did my cleaning,washed clothes, cleaned out my closets..things I don't get a chance to do since I work 6 days a week..cold & windy today in Chicagoland...30 MPH winds & high of 36..ProdigalSon-I moved here 26 years ago and I still have my Brooklyn accent...LOL..hope everyone is ok back east & things will eventually go back to normal (what's normal in a devastating situation like this?)thinking of everyone...talk to u soon...good night....

RAINY & COLD OUT..

HI ANNA.. ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF!!

IT'S NICE WHEN YOU CAN

GET SO MUCH DONE AROUND THE HOUSE.

DO RELAX THOUGH LATER ON..

JOE PINTO CALLED ME LAST NIGHT.. HE & HIS FAMILY ARE WELL & SAFE FROM THE STORM. (THANK GOD).

HE SENDS HIS REGARDS.

• Good Morning.....

Seems pretty chilly out there today, stay warm.....

Patsy...glad Joe's ok!!

Anna...I love getting up early, I get so much more accomplished....don't work too hard!!

Hope everyone else is doing good :-)

WEATHER IS NICE, TODAY!!

EVERYONE..ENJOY!!! :)

• Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have not been on, lost power again after the Nor'easter and I am just catching up with so much stuff I have to do around the house. We are having my Grandson's Christening on Sunday, so just helping my daughter with a few things.

I read on Facebook yesterday that Joe Orlando's mom passed away yesterday....my deepest sympathies....

Hope everyone is starting to get back to some kind of normalcy after the horrible couple of weeks we have had on the East Coast.

Hello to everyone!!!!

• Hi-can't believe the holidays are next week...I'm working on Saturday & going food shopping with Jessica on Sunday...this is the 1st time she's cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the family..she's kind of nervous but I'll give her instructions for the Turkey, I'm doing side dishes, Tina is doing appetizers & Jessica is doing desserts..my son is off the hook-he'll just sit & eat...LOL..by the way, shout out to my son Joe on his 35th birthday today...

time sure goes fast. had a thought today-did u have the reunion this year? Thought it was in October but didn't hear about it...well, good night everyone...........

HI JUDY..HOPE ALL IS WELL. GLAD YOU HAVE LIGHTS, AGAIN.

GOD BLESS BABY SALVATORE ON HIS CHRISTENING.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

HI ANNA..HOLIDAYS CAME SO FAST!!! IT'S NICE WHEN EVERYONE

HELPS OUT WITH A DISH OR 2 ON THE HOLIDAYS.

IT GIVES THE HOSTESS A LITTLE BREAK. I'M SURE JESSICA WILL

DO GREAT!!

NO REUNION THIS YEAR. HOPEFULLY, MAYBE NEXT YEAR.

WE WILL SEE..

R.I.P. MRS. ORLANDO. [-oB

EVERYONE.. EBJOY YOUR DAY!!! :)

T.G.I.F. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! :)

WARREN.. HOPE ALL IS WELL. I MISS YOU. COME BACK ON SOON.

T.G.I.F. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! :)

WARREN.. HOPE ALL IS WELL. I MISS YOU. COME BACK ON SOON.

• SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST..

• Morning....

I guess everyone will be getting ready for Thanksgiving this weekend. I'm just hoping Kevin won't have to work, they already warned them they might be :-( If not we are going to my sister Gina's otherwise I guess i'm cooking, which I don't mind but I like being with all my family on the holiday.

Have a great weekend everyone.....

• Hi-the weekend goes by so fast...went to work yesterday for 4 hours..today Jessica & I had lunch at the mall then food shopping for Thursday..I'm taking off Wednesday..my son is coming on Wednesday and will stay with me until Saturday..took Cody to the vet before work yesterday..he's having anxiety & behavioral issues..(he's a grumpy old dog)..he's on meds right now..well, enjoy the week & Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...bye

HI DEB!!! HOPE YOUR HOLIDAY TURNS OUT FOR THE BEST!!

TALK TO YOU, SOON.. XX

HI ANNA.HOPE CODY IS OK..SO NICE THAT YOUR SON IS

COMING IN FOR THANKSGIVING..NOTHING LIKE HAVING YOUR

CHILDREN WITH YOU ON THE HOLDIAY!!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!!

:)

• Morning All...

Patsy and Anna....hope you guys don't work too hard this week...do you both have Friday off?

• Good Morning..quick typeby...Debbie-I have tomorrow & Friday off..my son is coming tomorrow & will stay with me until Saturday..hi Judy Patsy & Warren too...and to my other blog friends..hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving..talk to u next week.....bye

• Hi Everybody,

Had a busy weekend, we Christened my grandson on Sunday.what a cutie pie...had a beautiful day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving..

Happy Birthday to my best bud Anthony Umbria!!!!!!!

Attached files image
  • Hiya Folks!

Glad all are doing well despite the tragedy of the foul weather.

Here in Minnesota many people are in the Holiday spirit. In fact, it seems people are more enthused about it than they have been in recent years. Perhaps it's because some brand new tvs now cost less than some people's weekly grocery bills.

To Patsy - My first name is Richard [which strangely enough] is a very popular name here in Minnesota.

And one more thing: the Gopher state is also enjoying a new baby boom. Everywhere you go moms-to-be are displaying baby bumps. The future looks bright!

• HI ALL..

JUDY BABY SALVATORE IS GORGEOUS.. HE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL

IN HIS CHRISTENING OUTFIT. GOD BLESS!!

HI RICHARD.. I LIKE THIS BETTER THAN CALLING YOU PRODIGAL SON. IT IS MORE PERSONAL THIS WAY..GLAD TO HEAR PEOPLE ARE IN T HE HOLIDAY SPIRIT. WISH IT WAS LIKE THIS ALL YEAR LONG!!

HI ANNA. & DEBBIE!!! ANNA, ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF.. I AM OFF TOO. I WILL BE PUTTING UP MY XMAS TREE & DECORATING IN &

OUTSIDE. CANNOT WAIT!!

glitter-graphics.com

TO MY BLOG FAMILY, FAMILY & FRIENDS.

:love:

ENJOY...

• A wonderful Thanksgiving to everyone in God's Country!

I WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY & HEALTHY THANKSGIVING.

MANY PRAYERS FOR THE LESS FORTUNATE. [-oB

ENJOY!!!! :love:

• Happy Thanksgiving to all.....this year is a very somber year, my mom is no longer with us, but I still have so much to be thankful for, my family, especially my new grandson Salvatore. My heart goes out to those who are still suffering from Hurrican Sandy, those people that have lost so much, my prayers are with them as we enter this holiday season....

Patsy, Debbie, Warren, Carol, Richard, Anthony, Donna, Terry and the rest of the blog gang have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!!

• Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Hope everyone enjoys the day today where ever you spend it xoxo

• Good Morning all.....

Getting ready for Kevin's 50th birthday party that I postponed because of the weather and the fact that he's been working so much...almost had to cancel again because he's working tomorrow and thought he had to be in at midnight but thankfully he don't.

Have a great day :-)